Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At my local they were saying at they looked at getting in the imperial yeast but it was all coded with a way shorter expiry date than White Labs/Wyeast so it made it pretty hard to justify.

White labs did spend a lot of time developing the pure pitch yeast packaging. I believe one of the major differences with white labs and other packaging is that the white labs product comes in a breathable film bag that allows CO2 to be released. To my understanding this is one of the reasons why the yeast stays in better condition and lasts longer.

When I was browsing the KegLand website I noticed your stainless handles say they will fit a 35L conical Fermzilla with a part no. of - KL14144. Just wondering how far off these bad boys are?

Hi @KegLand-com-au. I purchased one of these last order and was wondering if it's working correctly. When I open the reg the disconnect won't let any gas through till it get's to around 10psi. That is ok for my keezer but for my portable setup (which is what I got this for) I only have to pressure set to around 5psi for dispensing as anything higher generally results in a glass of foam.

Is this normal for these to have such a high opening pressure?

Hi @KegLand-com-au. I purchased one of these last order and was wondering if it's working correctly. When I open the reg the disconnect won't let any gas through till it get's to around 10psi. That is ok for my keezer but for my portable setup (which is what I got this for) I only have to pressure set to around 5psi for dispensing as anything higher generally results in a glass of foam.

Last edited:
Hey @KegLand-com-au ... I am considering my options with kegerators coming up, whether to buy one complete or build a keezer etc. You have some good looking options for my consideration

There is some chat happening in the Keg King thread where they say their Kegerators are 'certified' where others (yours) aren't. They don't directly say this but, other users make the distinction.

I did some searching on the sites mention ERAC & EESS and can't find Kegland anywhere whereas MCH come up with the Keg fridge listed

So my question is, do your Kegerators have electrical certifications?

I don't want my house to burn down and get knocked back for insurance etc. etc.

When I was browsing the KegLand website I noticed your stainless handles say they will fit a 35L conical Fermzilla with a part no. of - KL14144. Just wondering how far off these bad boys are?

This is a bit of a funny size and we have dispatched a number of these to Norway where they seem to like this size but in Australia we will only bring in a small number of them to try out. They should arrive in about 2 months.

Hey @KegLand-com-au ... I am considering my options with kegerators coming up, whether to buy one complete or build a keezer etc. You have some good looking options for my consideration

There is some chat happening in the Keg King thread where they say their Kegerators are 'certified' where others (yours) aren't. They don't directly say this but, other users make the distinction.

I did some searching on the sites mention ERAC & EESS and can't find Kegland anywhere whereas MCH come up with the Keg fridge listed

So my question is, do your Kegerators have electrical certifications?

I don't want my house to burn down and get knocked back for insurance etc. etc.

Yes all the series 4 kegerators that we sell are electrically compliant and have been approved.

Yes all the series 4 kegerators that we sell are electrically compliant and have been approved.

That’s great to hear. Assumed that is the case

It would seem some people point to a lack of evidence in the searchable data bases like the ERAC etc. that they aren’t. Keg King have certification listed for instance

Is there a way to show yours are at all?

Would put a lot of conjecture to bed that’s for sure

Would Kegland consider making a tee piece to suit a soft drink bottle?

It could have a female-male-male soft drink bottle threads. This would allow the tee it to screw to a bottle and a couple of carbonation caps to be attached, one for liquid (with a section of beer line on the barb) and the side branch for gas.

This arrangement would allow a standard soft drink to be used for washing out lines, storing and transferring yeast, poor mans mini keg, etc.

What do you think?
Or making small additions in an enclosed way. Had a similar idea on my drive into work today.

All of the check valves that we sell will have an opening pressure. The opening pressure is normally between 1-3psi.

https://www.kegland.com.au/premium-...mfl-grey-gas-with-integrated-check-valve.html
https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-8mm-5-16-x-one-way-check-valve-non-return-valve.html
https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-9-5mm-3-8-check-valve-gas.html
https://www.kegland.com.au/one-way-check-valve-push-in-gas.html

So if you set the regulator at about 13psi then on the other side of the check valve you will have 1-3psi lower than this on the other side. Unfortunately this is how all these types of check valves work.

5psi opening pressure is too high so this doesn't seem correct. I should also say that some pressure guages do not have fantastic accuracy at very low pressures. So if you are using the 0-60psi gauge the pressures below 5psi are difficult to read accurately. We do have some gauges similar to this:
https://www.kegland.com.au/8mm-5-16-push-in-pressure-gauge-0-40psi.html
The only difference is these will have 0-15psi range. These are really far more accurate for these lower pressures.

It would seem some people point to a lack of evidence in the searchable data bases like the ERAC etc. that they aren’t. Keg King have certification listed for instance

The certificate has the suppliers details in China on the certificate so we would be reluctant to publish information that showed where our competitors could purchase the unit.

The certificate has the suppliers details in China on the certificate so we would be reluctant to publish information that showed where our competitors could purchase the unit.
You can probably see why people are dubious of the certificate in that case
Why is it not searchable in the ERAC database?
I know you guys are working hard to be more compliant and transparent, but being able to see evidence of the certification would be great
Are you able to publish it with the supplier's information redacted?

Do you ask this of the supplier for every electronic item you've purchased?

You can probably see why people are dubious of the certificate in that case
Why is it not searchable in the ERAC database?
I know you guys are working hard to be more compliant and transparent, but being able to see evidence of the certification would be great
Are you able to publish it with the supplier's information redacted?

I am not really dubious, I haven't got any reason to doubt what KegLand say. I'm sure if I bought one and requested to see the cert, they'd probably produce it. But right now I'm some idiot called the beer baron on a anonymous forum so why would they.

I only asked because of the chat in the other thread which seems more like games than anything else

I am not really dubious, I haven't got any reason to doubt what KegLand say. I'm sure if I bought one and requested to see the cert, they'd probably produce it. But right now I'm some idiot called the beer baron on a anonymous forum so why would they.

I only asked because of the chat in the other thread which seems more like games than anything else
Not games, facts, before April 1st 2019 Australian states and territories had different electrical safety standards, what may have been necessary to be certified in one state may not in another, which makes it impossible to police. Sensibly they are now being drawn under one set of rules. A company MUST be a registered as a responsible supplier even with low risk appliances, read more here.
https://esv.vic.gov.au/technical-in...d-equipment/eess-legislation-and-regulations/

Not games, facts, before April 1st 2019 Australian states and territories had different electrical safety standards, what may have been necessary to be certified in one state may not in another, which makes it impossible to police. Sensibly they are now being drawn under one set of rules. A company MUST be a registered as a responsible supplier even with low risk appliances, read more here.
https://esv.vic.gov.au/technical-in...d-equipment/eess-legislation-and-regulations/

So they have until October 1 to register as responsible supplier

They said they have certification via the manufacturer so seems fine to me.

According to that link they only have to be registered by the 1st of Oct?
So slightly misleading

So they have until October 1 to register as responsible supplier

They said they have certification via the manufacturer so seems fine to me.
So what would happen if every importer said, 'Yeh all OK, the manufacturer told me it has certification' where does that leave the Australian consumer? The manufacturer could get the certification done in China to AU/NZ requirements but still have to give a compliance number. All seems a bit on the nose to me, I saw on a British brewing website some one asked about the Brewzilla EU certification, the importer did the same thing, says he has one but not allowed to publish it!

So what would happen if every importer said, 'Yeh all OK, the manufacturer told me it has certification' where does that leave the Australian consumer? The manufacturer could get the certification done in China to AU/NZ requirements but still have to give a compliance number. All seems a bit on the nose to me, I saw on a British brewing website some one asked about the Brewzilla EU certification, the importer did the same thing, says he has one but not allowed to publish it!

I imagine there is a very long list of electrical stuff manufactured & certified in China which is sold in Australia by importers so I don't think this is much of an issue. I am sure, KegLand have confirmed certification

They've said they have cert via the manufacturer, I'd say there's some number etc. that goes along with that which could be checked. I don't think KegLand are dumb enough to put their arse on the line over keg fridges

As I said,a lot of the certification is done in China it is cheaper to get it done there I would imagine Keg King has the certification done there too. But another thing which would bother me is using the tick of approval when not a registered responsible supplier, (lifted from the Guten V Robobrew3 thread) I also remember someone saying the compliance number on the Robobrew 2 was a fake number when it was checked out with the company whose number was used. Could have been in the same thread as above.
20180906_131554-jpeg.113440

Back