Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi KL, is it possible to have future versions of the coolossus fitted with TC fittings on the wort side for a nice sanitised connection?

As you can run hot wort through this device for a few minutes before turning the cold water supply then it's not as critical to have TC on this product in our opinion. Threads on the hot side are not something that really concern us a lot. We do have these parts which I assume you know about https://www.kegland.com.au/1-5-inch-tri-clover-with-1-2-inch-bsp.html and then you can use a socket like this https://www.kegland.com.au/1-2-inch-bsp-stainless-internal-threaded-socket.html to connect to the Coolossus Counter Flow

Would these fittings satisfy your requirements? The 1/2inch threads just make it so easy to change the fittings around. If we weld the TC onto the Coolossus it then is not as easy for instance to add a ball valve or change over to cam-lock fittings etc.

You probably do not have a blockage. Even the larger 65W pump is still not super powerful and we have quite a lot of resistance in the fairly long coil of the counter flow chillers. In fact all the inline chillers we sell have a fair bit of resistance in them including the plate chiller too. So the flow is significantly reduced when going through these restrictive devices.

We would like to offer some other pumps with higher pressure output but it's hard to find a good food grade one that is also high temp rated and well made. So the 65watt one is the best option at this stage. We did recently upgrade all these with wing nut head. How do you find the new head? IF this is something you think is worth having then we will probably make this standard on the smaller pumps too.

Hey, Is it possible to use two of your plate chillers in a single esky in order to make it a 4 tap jockey box.

Would it work with one plate on the bottom, some ice, and then a second plate? Looking for some ideas - don't want to buy two eskys as I already have a lot of gear to take with me to the market.
Yes that would work fine as long as you stack ice in between. As long as you have direct ice contact with these cold plates they work great.

Any chance of stocking Imperial yeast?

They have twice the yeast of the other mobs, it's a no brainer to me.

Ok let me have a look at this and get back to you. I am sure you can appreciate that we have had quite a high bill for tooling and R&D over the past 12 months but if this is really what you guys want we will spend some time to evaluate a couple different tri-clover options for you.
Yeah fair enough, I'm sure you have plenty of other priorities. And when I say I don't like the dump valve and collection bottle I only mean that I don't like them for my use case, not as a general opinion Just keen at the moment to know whether you're interested in taking a look or not.

I'm not in the business but I reckon if you could get TC top and bottom and the high temp body you'd really get people taking a serious look who would currently be in the stainless conical/unitank market.

Do you have the parts for a Pluto gun rebuild kit. I finally found mine again after being lost for a few years and the rubber seals look shot

Would Kegland consider making a tee piece to suit a soft drink bottle?

It could have a female-male-male soft drink bottle threads. This would allow the tee it to screw to a bottle and a couple of carbonation caps to be attached, one for liquid (with a section of beer line on the barb) and the side branch for gas.

This arrangement would allow a standard soft drink to be used for washing out lines, storing and transferring yeast, poor mans mini keg, etc.

What do you think?

Yes I supposed from a $/yeast cell point of view the value is definitely quite good with Imperial yeast. With that said the White Labs yeast has a great reputation and a wide range. If you really want to pitch a large population it's hard to beat making a starter. So no plans to get the Imperial yeast at this stage. It's important to remember if we stock something that is low turnover it will sit on the shelf too long and this would be doing you guys a disservice. At the moment we don't get much request for it so this would be our main concern.

With any of the consumables we need to make sure they turn over quickly so you guys get fresh stuff.

At my local they were saying at they looked at getting in the imperial yeast but it was all coded with a way shorter expiry date than White Labs/Wyeast so it made it pretty hard to justify.

Back