Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was refreshing every few hours since midnight and then more often this morning. I saw it at 10:01 eastern time. Got my order confirmation at 10:04
I don't have Facebook so thought i might miss out on a headsup like they had last time.

They just went up again (1.00 pm AEST). Success! Unfortunately I accidentally bought two CO2 tanks as I didn't realise I had a double up in my shopping cart and wanted to hit BUY as quickly as possible so I didn't miss out

Absolute joke. Showed in stock at 1.01pm, added straight to my cart, before I could confirm payment, 1.03pm, sorry no stock left.

Wonder why they decided to pre sell the majority of their stock this morning before the email said they would, especially after the **** up they had with the original launch & lack of email etc?

Absolute joke. Showed in stock at 1.01pm, added straight to my cart, before I could confirm payment, 1.03pm, sorry no stock left.

Wonder why they decided to pre sell the majority of their stock this morning before the email said they would, especially after the **** up they had with the original launch & lack of email etc?
My guess is they didn't decide to, it was just another stuff up!

Yep. 'Oh sh*t, we forgot the email again! Save 2 units and we'll send the email out and release them for 1pm'

haha

I was driving back form the coast this morning and just suddenly 'had a feeling', pulled over and checked my phone to see they were actually available! I quickly grabbed one for me and my brother, feel bad for those who have waited and missed out (again), really was another #fail especially when I saw the email saying they were going on sale at 1pm.. that sucks.

I was driving back form the coast this morning and just suddenly 'had a feeling', pulled over and checked my phone to see they were actually available! I quickly grabbed one for me and my brother, feel bad for those who have waited and missed out (again), really was another #fail especially when I saw the email saying they were going on sale at 1pm.. that sucks.

Yeah right

I tried for about 3/4 of a hour after 1:10 PM but they were not available
I’ll be getting a couple of stainless steel conical fermenters now Bugga them (KL) if they sell them all before the advertised available time

Some people don't read. It has been mentioned in this thread a couple of times by KL that they will struggle to meet the demand when the product first launches. This is being sold world wide not just here in Australia.

'I didn't get one! Waaaaaaa'.

Stop acting like children who don't get their way. It seems when something doesn't go your way you hit the keyboard to have a whinge. Who gives a **** if you didn't get one and want to go get something else, I certainly couldn't give a shit and there's others who have to read the constant whinging, who probably couldn't give a shit either.

Some people don't read. It has been mentioned in this thread a couple of times by KL that they will struggle to meet the demand when the product first launches. This is being sold world wide not just here in Australia.r.

So, who is selling them? They are not due out in USA and Europe until mid July!

So, who is selling them? They are not due out in USA and Europe until mid July!
I think ATM the problem is that KL don't have a full production line going. And once they do get it up and running, large quantities will be shipped off to Europe and North America.

It will probably be quite a while before the Fermzilla becomes a shelf item.

No conspiracies, just facts. I signed up to be email notified when a product first comes back in stock. I get said email telling me it will become available at 1pm. 1pm rolls around & product sells out in 2 minutes before I have a chance to purchase. Now if this is the end of the story, and these units are in that high of a demand, I have 100% no issues with missing out, that's just how it goes. But when I come on the forum and find out Kegland have been selling the units hours prior to people on their website it seems like a bit of a cock up to me. Especially when the first batch was released they didn't even send an email at all, and had to send out apologies admitting their error.

My issues haven't been with the short supply, we all knew this was going to be the case. My issue is the perceived mess up (again) with the email notification and false advertised launch time. If they can't manage it, get rid of the feature and stop allowing customers a false reliance on it.

I agree, some people don't read. They also need to get off their high horse.

Like most modern IT systems, I don't think I'd rely on it. At least now you all know that if you want one from the next batch, the way to get it is to sit there refreshing, rather than wait for an email.

Like most modern IT systems, I don't think I'd rely on it. At least now you all know that if you want one from the next batch, the way to get it is to sit there refreshing, rather than wait for an email.
After the original release email stuff up, in their apology email they stated and I quote 'Next time we will manually send the alert email to prevent this being an issue'

After the original release email stuff up, in their apology email they stated and I quote 'Next time we will manually send the alert email to prevent this being an issue'
Sounds like a load of BS and the regular KL support cheer squad chimes in right on queue to take down or ridicule anyone who got cheesed off by this dishonesty.

Back