Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't we have a monopoly before kegland came on the scene?
4 we e 44[emoji19] 4[emoji35] [emoji35] 44444444444444444444444
Screenshot_20190131-185443_CommBank.jpeg

Hey Keg Land people here are waiting on the Fermentasaurus 2, how come it is being sold on Alibaba?

I found one listing for $9,999 USD.. I guess you could but that??

It’s no secret they source this stuff from China and I’m pretty sure China does whatever the fudge they want!

Will alternative dies be available for different cans, allowing owners to obtain cans from other suppliers?

I'm interested to know this too. 500ml cans don't really interest me, and I'd personally prefer cans with standard openings. So I'd really only consider getting the canning machine if I knew I could do standard 375ml cans with it. This comment is likely to be unpopular, but I just don't like the "big gulp" openings.

I found one listing for $9,999 USD.. I guess you could but that??

It’s no secret they source this stuff from China and I’m pretty sure China does whatever the fudge they want!
To be fair it was $9,999 for 10, I did inquire and was told that it was that price while out of stock.

Come on guys give them a break, it isn't a community service, at the end of the day they have to make a profit. Otherwise the investors who have forked out probably $2 to 3 million could have left it in a secure investment attract a 5%+ profit with no risk. They have to have a 20 to 30% net return on their investment minimum.
I was not knocking them and I am very grateful for what they are doing in the market (see the last line of my post) and I'm very interested in canning, hence what I think are relevent questions.
Power supply https://invertech.com.au/power-supply-240vac-input-24-vdc-13-amp.html I have googled and $200 seems to be the going rate, now I'm not suggesting it will cost that much (chinese copy) but it would be nice to know if it comes with one or not, and if not then a guesstimate as to cost.
Oxygen pick-up is a very real concern, we purge our kegs, cap on foam etc and all I asked for was a bit of clarification on whether or not it would be an issue.
I keg my daily brews but bottle my "specials" tripples, quads, imperials etc for long term storage/aging and it's these beers that I would like to can, so oxygen in long term storage may be an issue also the gravity of these beers, often in double digits warrants a smaller can hence the question about alternative dies, I'm happy to pay 50c for cans be they 250ml or 550ml I just want to know if it will be an option http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/705-5...0001&campid=5338413729&icep_item=332761684264
I understand KL can't keep multiple sizes and suppliers need to sell by the truck load but that is where a bulk buy mght come in.
At 20c per 550ml can, some bottlers may have switched to canning their daily brew (lets face it bottles are a PITA) I happen to think @ 50c per can they are unlikely to.
If my questions and comment have in any way come across as criticism of KL I unreservedly apologise as it was not my intent.
Cheers G

Was the old price for 237 units? I thought it was 100 or so but could well be wrong. Seems an odd number of cans though

It was for an odd number of cans, but definitely 200+ (maybe 217?)

If you dont mind me asking you guys if you could choose between purchasing:

375mL cans and paying about $50 for 200 cans

or getting
500ml cans and paying about $55 per 200 cans

which option would you prefer? Clearly the larger cans have lower packaging cost per litre but the 375ml cans are the more common size. We cant stock both. We will either go one or the other.

The other option is:
1. Full aperture can that will cost $0.05 more per can
2. Normal can with normal sized opening

Thanks for that. We have just updated that product. Thanks for letting us know. This is a direct acting solenoid valve so it's able to control the flow right down to 0psi. We are going to use this particular solenoid valve in some new gas monitoring and flow control stuff that we are working on which is the reason why we are stocking it at the moment.

Are these valves able to be adjusted? i.e. set it to 60% or just fully open & closed? You can put an inline regulator behind it to give a set pressure but it would be nice to be able to vary valve flow rates from the control panel.

No worries. We will have a chat to our developer about this. He was suggesting that we click a link to take you to a completely new page that shows all the new products. Do you think that would work for you?

That would be perfect.

Thanks for that. The flashing on the ball is fine. I am quite confident the problem you have is that you do not have enough of a pressure differential over the float valve. Once you have a bit more of a pressure difference on both sides of the red silicone float you will get the float push quite hard against the seat where it seals and the pressure will make it seal.

So this isn't really suitable for gravity filling either?

Has anyone had any success using this for gravity transfer?

The Duotight descriptions kinds confuse me - is there a duotight to reduce a 12mm line (which fits over the plastic fermenter taps) down to 8mm od size? Or alternatively 12mm to a ffl (to screw onto a disconnect)?

Also, website wise, a 'remember me' button might be worthwhile including.

Thanks!

We do not have 12mm (1/2) inch duotight fittings yet but we have been talking about extending the range to some larger sizes like this. It's pretty unusual to have a need to go from 12mm to an FFl thread so I doubt we will make the fittings to do this in one connection. If we do have this as a solution in the future it would be a 12mm (1/2" reducer) that reduces down to 9.5mm (3/8") and then onto the FFL fitting.

Yeah these are actually good for mains water pressure too. So on my sink I have attached a ball lock post on the sink like this:
IMG_20190130_122355.jpg

Then under the sink i use an inline regulator to reduce the pressure to about 20psi. This is really handy for filling up kegs. cleaning our beer lines etc.

You have really put me on the spot now and you can see how dirty the underside of my sink is now.

Hopefully you find the photo below will make sense to you. As you can see I use the inline regulator to drop the water pressure from about 150psi mains pressure to the ball lock post above the sink.
ball%20lock%20post%20on%20sink.jpg

It's not a particularly neat job and normally I would mount the hosing to the wall but when I put this in the cupboard i had not plans to ever make this public on a forum.

Howdy, I'm wondering if you guys will do a RIMS stick similar to what keg King stock https://www.kegking.com.au/catalog/product/view/id/184/s/rims-heat-stick-heat-exchanger-housing/category/1

We had no plans to offer this item as some customers found the watt density to be too high for this application and it could scorch the wort especially if there was not enough movement around the element. We have been working on a new design that uses a relatively new type of carbon filament element that will have much lower watt density but this is also a long way from being finished. Also due to the popularity of the single vessel breweries like the BrewZilla, Grainfather, or Braumeister this makes it even less attractive to make these components for making your own brewery as it's been a bit of a shrinking market recently.

Was the old price for 237 units? I thought it was 100 or so but could well be wrong. Seems an odd number of cans though

The size of the box is larger than before. As you have pointed out we now have 237 cans per box. It's a bit of an odd number as we make the box so it can fit the lids as well as the cans. I would imagine that eventually once enough machines are out in circulation you guys would probably start to do bulk buys of cans and purchase a whole pallet at a time. If we don't have to package the cans in boxes this will certainly save some money.

Latest posts

Back