Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see the "newest products" section is a little bigger.

Would be great if I could click on that heading and redirect me to a page with the last 100 products added or the products listed in the last 30 days.

Hello Kenf,

1. I believe this should not be possible for the air to flow back. I have not tested this myself so i will have to make sure but it should not be possible.
2. The blowtie only regulates air coming out of the pressure vessel. (IE it ensures that excess pressure above a certain set point is released). Normally when customers refer to a regulator they are wanting to regulate the gas flow from a high pressure tank and want to set the output pressure (irrespective of the high pressure source pressure). So if you want an inline regulator that will do that then you should purchase this part:
https://www.kegland.com.au/in-line-regulator.html
this is a really useful part and this is a really cheap way to setup your system with multiple pressures without the cost of large regulators.

This device can also be used on mains water pressure to reduce mains water pressure to a lower pressure. I actually use this regulator to connect a ball lock post next to my sink so I can have a a water supply to wash our beer lines and stuff next to my sink.

If you can give me more advice on what you want to use the secondary regulator for and what you are trying to setup I can probably give you my opinion on the best selection of parts for the job.
No worries about the first and for the second as a secondary regulator after the main regulator. But I guess the combination of the inline regulator, pressure gauge and Duo Tee would do!
Cheers

@KegLand-com-au can you please let me know how I would set this product https://www.kegland.com.au/in-line-regulator.html up in my kegerator? How can you tell how many bars of pressure you're setting on this fitting?

I would like to be able to run different pressures to different kegs from the one cylinder so that beers with different carb lvels, like stouts, ales and saisons for example, can all be carbed to their correct levels. At the moment, I have to disconnect and individually set pressures on each keg, then leave pressure set to suit the keg with the lowest carb level, which is a PITA.

Yep ABG that’s what I want too - I have tried double regulators, but they can be cumbersome! So I was hoping for a simple solution.
Kee is aware my kegerator is fitted with two gas ball posts on the back (makes it easier to remove cylinder). Inside I have JG 3/8 non returns and a swivels. It would be nice to be able to run secondary regulators and set them at different pressures

Not sure if this has been asked before, but is there any reason why ball-lock connectors do not come with integrated push in fittings rather than barb or MFL? I appreciate that you combine a Ball-lock with MFL connector with the push-in / MFL adaptors to achieve the same, but this just seems to introduce another point of potential leaks.

@KegLand-com-au can you please let me know how I would set this product https://www.kegland.com.au/in-line-regulator.html up in my kegerator? How can you tell how many bars of pressure you're setting on this fitting?.

Use a carbonation cap, a bit of beer line, and a push-in pressure gauge to make yourself a gadget that can display line pressure. Turn the regulator to its lowest pressure, attach the gadget to your gas disconnect, and turn up the pressure until you reach the desired level. Voila.

Or, if you want a permanent display like a real regulator, add a tee fitting after the regulator and attach the pressure gauge there.

Use a carbonation cap, a bit of beer line, and a push-in pressure gauge to make yourself a gadget that can display line pressure. Turn the regulator to its lowest pressure, attach the gadget to your gas disconnect, and turn up the pressure until you reach the desired level. Voila.

Or, if you want a permanent display like a real regulator, add a tee fitting after the regulator and attach the pressure gauge there.
I’m planning b) pressure gauge, Tee piece and inline regulator - similar setup to Blowtie except gauge after inline.
Cheers the Seeker!

Any answer to this @KegLand-com-au question?
I emailed your website three days ago.
Would like to get an answer so I can get an order in.

The images on that page show a 16.26mm measurement for the threaded section
A punch that small (that isn't for 1/2" holes) is a bit of a waste imho
Drill a 5-8mm pilot hole, then step it up to 17mm with a decent step bit, using plenty of cutting fluid/lube (I use 50/50 coconut oil and baby oil), low drill speed and a bit of pressure behind the drill

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I'm trying to set up my new keezer and I'm struggling to find the flow resistance of your evabarrier 5mm ID beer line?
I've seen some beer line length calculators which require the resistance to determine length.
Do you have that kind of information for us?

Hi guys,

I'm trying to set up my new keezer and I'm struggling to find the flow resistance of your evabarrier 5mm ID beer line?
I've seen some beer line length calculators which require the resistance to determine length.
Flow resistance is worked out by the id of the line. So when using the calculator just go by 5mm. This is where the 4mm id line is good for short runs as you don't need anywhere near as much line.

Hi guys,

If that's the case then you should avoid using that calculator. There are heaps of decent calcs online that only require temp, carb level desired, height of tap above keg, and line ID. If the calc is asking for line resistance, move on to the next calc!

We should have the website updated with the next shipment date in 1 week. We are just trying to work out which container to bring them in on at the moment. We will put a date on the website soon here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/flow-control-ball-lock-disconnect-flow-restrictor.html
I have just received a couple.
They look great but I can’t work out how to strip them for cleaning. Is there a trick to it?
Of course a manual or exploded diagram would be great!

I have just received a couple.
They look great but I can’t work out how to strip them for cleaning. Is there a trick to it?
Of course a manual or exploded diagram would be great!

Worked it out.
Unscrew the mfl on the side the and the whole thing then screws apart.
View media item 10904

Hi enoch, how were you going to use these disconnects, connected straight to the tap with an mfl adapter or with a length of beer line?

I'd like to know they work connected to a tap with an mfl adapter for my mini keg portable setup.

The intertap fc doesn't work well when used like that so I am hoping that these disconnects will work better.

Cheers

Hi enoch, how were you going to use these disconnects, connected straight to the tap with an mfl adapter or with a length of beer line?

I'd like to know they work connected to a tap with an mfl adapter for my mini keg portable setup.

The intertap fc doesn't work well when used like that so I am hoping that these disconnects will work better.

Cheers
Taming a frisky keg that the fc intertap (also a perlick fc) struggled with. It’s a fairly highly gassed hefe weizen. The champagne of beers for fizziness.
It’s via a couple m of hose not direct to tap.
Can’t see why it wouldn’t work as advertised although it doesn’t like too much weight on one side as it will leak a tiny bit. I am using nice new correctly sized post o rings so it I think it’s just something to watch.

Afraid I can't view the link. Apparently I don't have permission. Would you mind allowing this so I can see what you did?
That’s a bit weird. I can’t see any options to change it. Is this better?

full

Where can i safely drill through the back of a Series 4 kegerator? I'd like to run some extra water lines though the back of mine for a jacket cooled fermenter. I'm guessing near the existing gas line hole would probably be the safest bet?

Also i'm thinking of adding some secondary regulators internally at some point and likewise would like to know where is and isn't safe to screw into on the sides/back.

That’s a bit weird. I can’t see any options to change it. Is this better?

full
Afraid not. Don't know what you can see in the quote above, but all I get is the old red X meaning pic no worky.

When I try to view the address https://aussiehomebrewer.com/media/10904/ (which is what your first linky takes me to), or when I manually open https://aussiehomebrewer.com/media/kegland-flow-control-disconnect.10904/full (the picture you tried the second time around) I get the following:
Aussie Home Brewer - Error
You do not have permission to view media within this album.

Back