Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for having another whinge but the hops I bought pulled up short in weight. I'm brewing right now and I'm meant to be doing an aroma steep of 40g of both citra and amarillo but because both bags were short I can only go 23g and 33g, that's 17g and 7g short respectively in the 100g bags. I'll live to tell the story but you guys need this feedback.

If anything they should be packed slightly over, not this far under. Some improved QA and QC would be good!
Thanks for mentioning this. I only counted 94g in my Centennial bag.

Have you checked your balance to ensure it is reading accurately? I would pressume a business using balances for their commercial purposes would have their balances NATA calibrated.

Have you checked your balance to ensure it is reading accurately? I would pressume a business using balances for their commercial purposes would have their balances NATA calibrated.
My scales aren't NATA calibrated but the bags I get from hoppy days never weigh less than what they are labelled.

Anyone I know that re-packs stuff is anally paranoid not to weigh out less than what the packet weight says. They say the butt whooping isn't worth it if they get caught out, even by accident. Plus it's a customer relation thing and the mark up covers it in the end.

3 weeks till Christmas....... Fermentasaurus Gen 2.... Santa I have been a really good boy this year.....

Maybe the boat from China sunk and the crew had to use the Fermentasaurusesssess as flotation devices..? Anyway else got any theories?

I think the idea is that you buy the camlock fittings separately.
Yeah, the point I was making though was to release a version without any threads at all on the wort line - either with a straight tube for clamping hose to or welded tri-clamp flanges. Threaded fittings are unsanitary and should be avoided where possible in brewing, especially cold-side (the outlet of the chiller).

yeah, I had the same thing with a bag of centennial - 9-11.5% - I just used it as a dry hop as I wasn't going to stuff up my IPA by taking chances with the bitterness

These ranges are taken off the specificatoin sheet from the hop suppliers. We would like to have a tighter range but it's simply what the growers supply.

Anyone who thinks that get a crop that arrives to you with no variation is simply not publishing the facts correctly.

Agree with everything you wrote, except that I went to KK and bought the stuff.

Its pretty piss poor this JIT stock level nonsense.

Your loosing sales and Im spending more $

Yes we would also agree that running out of stock all the time is pretty annoying. Most businesses like ours plan inventory on historical sales. this can be difficult for us in particular as we dont even have 1 year of sales results yet. We also have quite a lot of new products that have never even been sold before so these products in particular are very hard to predict what inventory we need to carry.

In addition to these factors we have also seen high levels of growth. You can see this graph here:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?geo=AU&q=kegland

Obviously this graph doesn't show sales volumes but as you can imagine sales, required inventory have increased much faster than we would have expected for a company that has only just begun. So with these factors combined it has resulted in us selling out of stock more frequently than we would have liked. The only thing I can say is we are doing everything we can to increase our capacity, take on more staff, we have moved into larger warehouse and we most certainly are bringing in much more stock every month.

I was also one of those waiting for the elusive fermentasaurus 2, release date has been put back a number of times since the announcement that they would be available.
Got one from Keg King after coming to the conclusion that the fermentasaurus 2 could just be a figment of someones overactive imagination.

Trust me, the wait is well worth it. We have done a lot of work on this new fermenter and I am sure you will love it when it arrives. I totally understand the frustration you have as it's become a product that has taken much longer to get the stock in. With that said we can absolutely assure you that the stock will be arriving very soon so you wont have to imagine much longer.

Just like the BrewZilla 65L took longer than expected the Fermentasaurus 2 has also taken longer than expected but it will be finished soon. All good things come to those who wait.

Hey Kegland,

Nothing too serious, just letting you know that there's no volume specification listed for the Aluminium Cans. They look like 500ml but it would be nice to have confirmation on the page.

https://www.kegland.com.au/aluminium-disposable-full-aperture-beverage-can.html
Product code : KL05449

Keep up the good work.
Cheers,
Mat

Thanks for that Mat. We have not decided on the volume yet as these cans can be produced in sizes from 375 up to 500ml. We did ask you guys about this and most likely we will get the 500ml cans but we have not got this shipment confirmed yet as the new canning machines are still being developed. The new canning machines will probably be released in Jan or Feb 2019.

https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-8mm-5-16-x-1-4-npt-male-with-seated-o-ring.html

Is the O-ring on the threaded end of these designed to make contact with the regulator body on the regulators you sell?

Or is this so it can be installed in another vessel to use as an outlet/blow off etc?

The thread is too long for my regulator so it's seated tight against the nylon washer? No sure if I can screw in plastic on plastic tight enough without damaging the nut on the duotight.

Leak testing tonight, but interested to know more about the design, and whether it's necessary to be screwed all the way in to the o ring on the threaded end.

Cheers

To be honest I have not specifially tried it on the regulator bodies yet. Our regulators such as our new MK4 Model have the MFL thread (same as the ball lock disconnect). So most people would just use this fitting:
https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-8mm-x-ffl-to-fit-mfl-disconnects-7-16-20unf-1-4-sae.html

So I would probably suggest that this is the best option for push in on the regulator body.

If you did want to put that push in fitting into the body of the regulator though that would work. The regulator body has a white nylon seal at the bottom of the female thread. The duotight fitting also has an o-ring as pointed out. I am not 100% sure which would compress and seal first but if you do it up one of these two seals will engage first and with enough seal compression it should seal without too much torque.

The first ferment is not finished yet, but the problem is obvious. There is a pinhole in the kegmenter and one of the welds is leaking enough to have beer oozing out even at 5psi. I'll be contacting KegLand and we'll see how well they handle the issue.

If that is the case just send us a photo and I would say the most likely outcome will be that the unit gets replaced. Our return policy is:

If a product is found to be faulty then we will:
1. Offer you partial refund to keep the product as is and you might repair it yourself.
2. We offer a full refund when the item is returned to us. (if you had the item sent to you we would generally pay the return postage cost).
3. Offer to repair onsite (this is generally only if the item is large). IE a 2000L fermenter or something.
4. We will bring the unit back to us and replace with another unit.

So if it's a pin hole leak you would have several optoins to rectify the issue but the first step is send us some photos of videos and we will get this process underway.

Sorry for having another whinge but the hops I bought pulled up short in weight. I'm brewing right now and I'm meant to be doing an aroma steep of 40g of both citra and amarillo but because both bags were short I can only go 23g and 33g, that's 17g and 7g short respectively in the 100g bags. I'll live to tell the story but you guys need this feedback.

If anything they should be packed slightly over, not this far under. Some improved QA and QC would be good!

thanks for letting us know. We will look into that. At the moment we have a semi-automatic weighing machine. The machine is generally pretty good but due to variations in the process we sell the product with packing tolerance of +/- 10%. I think if we upgrade our machinery we might be able to decrease the tolerance to +/- 5% in future. Thanks for brining this to our attention though. It's an area we could improve on.

Latest posts

Back