Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey @KegLand-com-au
I've noticed a keg of water that I have hooked upto one of your little white inline regulators is my only keg that loses pressure if I turn my gas off
I've double checked everything with starsan to check for bubbles but I can't see anything
is there a possiblity of leakdown or back pressure across the diaphragm seeing as I am running lower pressure in the keg?
I've had the gas on for a few weeks now and there's still plenty in there, so it doesn't seem to actually be leaking

I'll agree I've (and others too) been harsh on them, but it seems to have been taken on board and they are starting to play ball
Hopefully it'll all be water under the bridge soon

It most certainly been difficult to keep everyone happy.

We have a lot of retailers that have found it very difficult in particular because our pricing structure has been quite aggressive making it difficult for traditional retailers to make good margins on the products and while being in an industry where many retailers were already finding it difficult.

Ultimately our issue is that in order for us to be able to manufacture new products and continue to innovate new products we need to be able to move volume so that the development cost can be absorbed without having to sell product so expensive. Many of the manufacturing partners in China require minimum product runs in the thousands. So being a company that is less than one year old we have had the challenge of needing to get up to the turnover level required that we can support the cost of ongoing product innovation and continue to spend money in product development. This has been one of our greatest challenges.

So in the short term the disruption in the market that we have caused is certainly something that gets a lot of people off-side but we have some confidence that with more innovation we can start to sell products that not only offer great value to customers but also enable us to give retailers better margins again. The generic commodities that we sell unfortunately have become something that nobody really makes anything on but this is becoming less of our overall range of products.

Hey @KegLand-com-au
I've noticed a keg of water that I have hooked upto one of your little white inline regulators is my only keg that loses pressure if I turn my gas off
I've double checked everything with starsan to check for bubbles but I can't see anything
is there a possiblity of leakdown or back pressure across the diaphragm seeing as I am running lower pressure in the keg?
I've had the gas on for a few weeks now and there's still plenty in there, so it doesn't seem to actually be leaking

Are you sure it's not just absorbing more gas? The gas in the headspace will keep absorbing into solution until you reach saturation point for that pressure and temperature. I would probably say this is likely to be the case.

Are you sure it's not just absorbing more gas? The gas in the headspace will keep absorbing into solution until you reach saturation point for that pressure and temperature. I would probably say this is likely to be the case.
I don't know, I've had it at the same pressure for a few weeks and it seems to keep happening
I'll turn the gas off overnight to see if it's finally equalized

We do have a "newest products" section on the front page here: https://www.kegland.com.au/

I think the issue is it only displays 4 products and quite often we are uploading 10-20 products in a day so some products dont even get seen. Do you think it would be better if we made this section display 20 of the newest products?

Yes, or even better list them in date added order with a view more option that allows way more than 20 for those who only visit occasionally.
I've written sites that do this kind of thing in the past and it's quite simple to apply usually.

Gee that Fermentasaurus 2 would make a good Christmas present.. I wonder when it's coming out..

Also @KegLand-com-au, I notice that you now have the chillers for the 65L Robobrews, however the freight seems a touch excessive, is it correct? It's okay to say yes but I just wanted to check.. ;)

Is there a separate manual for the robobrew 65 / brewzilla?
I can’t see a link on the site.

Is there a separate manual for the robobrew 65 / brewzilla?
I can’t see a link on the site.

We are just doing some updates now and should be on the website soon. Sorry about the long delay.

I don't know, I've had it at the same pressure for a few weeks and it seems to keep happening
I'll turn the gas off overnight to see if it's finally equalized

Probably the best test is to test the keg without any liquid in it so you can be sure the liquid is not absorbing the gas.

Gee that Fermentasaurus 2 would make a good Christmas present.. I wonder when it's coming out..

Also @KegLand-com-au, I notice that you now have the chillers for the 65L Robobrews, however the freight seems a touch excessive, is it correct? It's okay to say yes but I just wanted to check.. ;)

Yes the Robobrew 65L has quite a large box. The box is about 60cm x 60cm x 70cm high. As a result even though the box is under 20kg weight, due to the bulk of the box it's normally charged at about 83kg weight when it's shipped.

Hey Kegland,

Got my Brewzilla. Just sorting out power. Before I go ahead and use it for brewing, should I clean it?
I have sodium perc/sodium met/pink neo and keg and line cleaner.

What would you recommend?

Thanks

Just a word of warning to others, I ordered some hardware bits and pieces but didn't have enough Citra onhand for a brew this weekend so I thought I'd give the Kegland hops a run. They came very tightly vac sealed BUT the AA% is reported as being "10% - 15%", not real helpful for IBU calculations. I'm not too fussed, would normally get my hops from elsewhere, but for the sake of others I hope that's corrected in the future.

EDIT: I've also just put together my Blowtie setup and connected to an empty keg pressurised to 8psi, however, the gauge connected to the T-piece says the keg is at about 4psi. It's been holding at that for a few hours but can anyone (*cough* @KegLand-com-au *cough*) explain the discrepancy? When I go to connect this to my keg-ferment I don't feel I can trust the gauge!?

Last edited:
Hey Kegland,

Got my Brewzilla. Just sorting out power. Before I go ahead and use it for brewing, should I clean it?
I have sodium perc/sodium met/pink neo and keg and line cleaner.

What would you recommend?

Thanks

When the Robobrew is new it's possible that some of the stainless steel might have some machine oil on it.

Sodium per is useless against oil so not good from that perspective

Sodium met is really a beer preservative not a cleaner and definitely not a sanitiser

Pink neo contains chlorine so would not put this anywhere near beer or stainless steel as it's bad for both. We go to great lengths to remove chlorine from our brewing water. Simply no point rising introducing it back with cleaning products where it might end up in beer.

I would probably get some of this (clearly i am biased but i believe it's good value and it's specifically formulated for the job):
https://www.kegland.com.au/stellarc...ewery-cleaner-beer-line-cleaner-keg-wash.html
however if you want to save money then I would just using dish washing detergent as this will probably do a better job than Sodium Per on it's own, and will do a better job than sodium met and most certainly pink neo should just be put in the bin.

Back