Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just purchased some 7mm ID silicon that I'm hoping will fit snug on the outside of the post and the float connection from eBay:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/302856579580

You might have to be a bit careful. 7mm is reasonably large. If you go to large in the silicone you might find it will sink and the float will not be able to suspend the tube.

Does the 3/8 INCH BSP THREAD WELDLESS THERMOWELL work with/fit Ink Bird?

I'd like something for BIAB with an Urn, to use this, do I just drill into the urn and then push in the ink bird?

Yeah that's a fair point. I think it's not worth the risk. If you go hot into the cube your 0 min hops need to be calculated to 20min hops. Then if you need more aroma just add dry hop in the fermenter later on. I recon that's the best outcome.
What risk?
I asked a bio lecturer at uni about this and as long as it's going to stay above pasteurization temps (72c or above) for 2-5 minutes, all bacteria (except some extremophiles that even boiling wouldn't kill) will be dead

What risk?
I asked a bio lecturer at uni about this and as long as it's going to stay above pasteurization temps (72c or above) for 2-5 minutes, all bacteria (except some extremophiles that even boiling wouldn't kill) will be dead

I think the only risk is a beer that tastes like crap. I'm never happy with my cube-hopped beers.

I am also keen on 2" tri-clover fittings (elbow, sight gauge, step down to 1",3/4",1/2" threaded) to convert inverted 50L kegs to conical fermenters.
Hi @KegLand-com-au is this something you will look in to? I have been given some kegs (from a bulk order from China) and would like to convert them to inverted conicals sometime over the summer break.

Hi Kegland,

Any word on when the gen2 27L fermentasauraus (sp.) will be in stock?

I'm also interested in the dimensions of the fermentasaurus fridge that's on the horizon.

After watching the duotight flow stopper video I noticed the blowtie looks rather similar to the inline regulator, only with the handle on top and made for 8mm OD line
Are they basically the same thing?

Ha...yes. The fridge not the fermenter. !
I asked the same question a few posts back and got no reply from Kegland.
I just bought a 2nd hand fridge from Gumtree that will fit the new 27L fermenter so I’m ready to go when it comes out. I imagine the fermenter will sell very well.

Does the 3/8 INCH BSP THREAD WELDLESS THERMOWELL work with/fit Ink Bird?

I'd like something for BIAB with an Urn, to use this, do I just drill into the urn and then push in the ink bird?

It does on the inkbird probe that I have but not 100% sure it will work on all the inbird models. What is the probe diameter that you have?

Back