Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not so difficult to stretch the 4mm ID open with some needle nose pliers. With that said we now have awesome "DuoTight" push in fittings which eliminate this issue all tgoether.

So i am assuming you are using ball lock kegs so if that is the case you should just get this fitting:
https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-8mm-x-ffl-to-fit-mfl-disconnects-7-16-20unf-1-4-sae.html
(you can also use this on your regualtor to)

Or of you are using commercial keg couplers then this is the fitting you need:
https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-8mm-push-in-to-5-8-to-suit-keg-couplers-and-tap-shanks.html

then the only join left is the one at the back of the tap shank. Due to the tight space in the tap shank we have not got a push in fitting that works in this spot yet but we have got a solution for this soon. So in the very near future we will start providing short shanks with a special push in fitting at the back of the shank for this application.

These fittings appear they need a thread instead of a barb, so would require new disconnects and an appropriate fitting for the reg?

The stir bars on Ebay and Chinese sites tend not to have the little ring in the middle that helps them spin in place, so results may vary. There is a lab supplier that sells good ones, or check your LHBS.
I find ones without pivot rings are loud as hell too

Any plans to increase the barrel range?

Would be interested in 20l barrels to age sours in...

Hi kegland, just a couple of questions. I have been watching your website's ingredients page eagerly for a few weeks. When are you expecting to have hop pellets available? Also, any plans on releasing your own high torque mill motor any time soon?
Cheers.

@KegLand-com-au I saw the 65L Robobrew date has been pushed back again - do you expect this to be accurate or are there likely to be further delays?

The Robobrew 65L units have now already been finished so the stock is about to get loaded into a container. So the arrival is very close and the only other delays now would be if it was held up in customs which is unlikely. We have a container arriving of various goods arriving every 4-5 days now and we have only had one held up in customs in the past 12 months.

We did some photos on this product that you can see here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/robobrew-65l-gen-3.html

We have really taken a lot of time to hold off releasing the 65L model as we wanted to be sure we were happy with the end result. We have made many different changes to the elements. We use really good quality components and we have made the stainless steel thicker too.

@kegland
Please do tell what is coming under this section https://www.kegland.com.au/kegging/canning-and-bottling/canning-gear.html

We do have some sample machines you can purchase from us now. If you want a sample canning machine we can sell these sample units at cost price. Email us on [email protected]

We are working on a new design of canning machine that will be a bit more compact, lightweight and use DC power so this is something that has been taking us a bit of time to complete. We are also trying to get the full aperture cans.

If you dont mind me asking you guys if you could choose between purchasing:

375mL cans and paying about $50 for 200 cans

or getting
500ml cans and paying about $55 per 200 cans

which option would you prefer? Clearly the larger cans have lower packaging cost per litre but the 375ml cans are the more common size. We cant stock both. We will either go one or the other.

The other option is:
1. Full aperture can that will cost $0.05 more per can
2. Normal can with normal sized opening

We do have some sample machines you can purchase from us now. If you want a sample canning machine we can sell these sample units at cost price. Email us on [email protected]

We are working on a new design of canning machine that will be a bit more compact, lightweight and use DC power so this is something that has been taking us a bit of time to complete. We are also trying to get the full aperture cans.

or getting

which option would you prefer? Clearly the larger cans have lower packaging cost per litre but the 375ml cans are the more common size. We cant stock both. We will either go one or the other.

The other option is:
I vote 500 ml with full aperture.

What were the items I could use for hose connections? ours is a leaky pos

What connections points are you talking about?

We generally use cam locks on everything as they are super reliable. We used to have some other stainless brewery quick disconnects but they are simply nowhere near as good or as reliable. We use camlocks on the brewery fittings and even on mains water and sometimes on compressed air fittings at our factory in Springvale.

Any plans for adding magnetic stir bars to the product range?

that's a good point. We will get them added to the range. At the moment we only have the stir bar sold with the whole stirrer machine. I will get the bars ordered separately now.

or getting

The other option is:

500ml cans +1
Looking forward to see what you come up with.

What connections points are you talking about?

We generally use cam locks on everything as they are super reliable. We used to have some other stainless brewery quick disconnects but they are simply nowhere near as good or as reliable. We use camlocks on the brewery fittings and even on mains water and sometimes on compressed air fittings at our factory in Springvale.
From the tap to the hose, hose to hose reel, and then hose reel to hose again. Not sure if we'd need all of that, but that's what I've got

Thanks for the update on the robobrew 65 - looks like a solid piece of kit - hopefully not long until you take orders. I'd be happy to preorder if you could facilitate that!

Also I'd vote for 500mL full aperture cans.

I'm not currently in the market for a canning set up, but as a beer container size, 500mL is definitely the preferred size. I'd describe 375mL cans as "disappointment size".

375ml or 500ml? That's a tricky one, my initial preference would be 500ml but half a ltr cans of 7% abv or higher can be an accident looking for somewhere to happen, also there's our summer to consider, the reason many prefer bottles to cans is they stay cold longer due to their thermal mass (also the reason why they take longer to chill) The little 6 pack eskies don't take the 500ml's, stubbie coolers for 500's are pretty rare also. A hot summers day the first goes down pretty quick but number 5 or 6 takes a while longer and there's nothing worse than tepid beer. I think my vote goes to 375's for purely practical reasons although the sexy factor of the 500's is compelling.

FULL APERTURE! That's a no brainer

500ml full aperature. And it sounds like 500ml stubbie holders are also needed for those that don't have them.

Back