Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm certainly interested in pure nitrogen. Easy enough to add a little CO2 to a beer if needed but I am planning for proper nitro pours (beer and coffee)

@KegLand-com-au, I'm trying to get the Minister of Finance to approve a purchase. Do you know the power usage or cost to run one of these:

KL00147: KEG MASTER SERIES 4 KEGERATOR WITH DOUBLE INTERTAP SS TAPS

Even betterer if I was the winner of one in the upcoming comp! That would be insane

@KegLand-com-au, I'm trying to get the Minister of Finance to approve a purchase. Do you know the power usage or cost to run one of these:

KL00147: KEG MASTER SERIES 4 KEGERATOR WITH DOUBLE INTERTAP SS TAPS

Even betterer if I was the winner of one in the upcoming comp! That would be insane

With the ambient temp at about 25C the kegerator should under 200kwh per year. So if you are charged $0.25 per kwh it will cost you about $50 per year to run the fridge. You will notice if you put the font fan tube up the font the power consumption will increase by about 15-20%. So you can decide if you want to safe that power or not. We do recommend running the fan all the time though as you get more efficient cooling this way.

With the ambient temp at about 25C the kegerator should under 200kwh per year. So if you are charged $0.25 per kwh it will cost you about $50 per year to run the fridge. You will notice if you put the font fan tube up the font the power consumption will increase by about 15-20%. So you can decide if you want to safe that power or not. We do recommend running the fan all the time though as you get more efficient cooling this way.

Thank you for this information.

Once again you guys are quick to respond with accurate information.

Are the stated volumes of the new Fermentasauri a sensible batch size with some head space or the total volume, filled to the rim?

The stock of the KL07696 will arrive next week then we will put up on the website.

The current units that we have been testing have the incorrect scale so we didn't want to put them on the website as the photos would be misleading. So these will be photographed and put up by the end of next week I think.

Hello Kegland, can we get an update on these units (KL07696) please. have already purchased 2 blow tie valves and awaiting delivery. cheers.

Any plans on making/supplying keg posts for different threads? I just discovered my keg has a 9/16"-18 gas post thread and a 5/8"-18 liquid post thread.

Hey guys how much does the 2.6kg gas bottle weigh when empty? I couldn't find the weight on the bottle at all.

Hey guys how much does the 2.6kg gas bottle weigh when empty? I couldn't find the weight on the bottle at all.
Sorry for double post but there should be a TARE weight stamped usually near the top of the bottle.
That's the actual empty bottle weight without the valve etc. I believe.

any eta on the 65W 3/4" mag drive pumps?

my march has officially shit itself. if it's going to a long wait I might rejig my plumbing and run 2 of the normal pumps.

That is a load of bollocks - who the hell has ambient of 25 daily. You need to do a lot more analysis than that to get anything that resembles a real situation. Cannot believe how simplistic this answer is and someone believes it.

Firstly you are right. Unless it's the middle of summer it never gets above 22 in our house. Well done!

Secondly, have you got anything helpful to add? I myself can think of two things you could say to be helpful. Now I'm not going to lead the witness so will keep these to myself.

You have my attention and the floor.
Proceed...

A SHED!!! "sheer luxury" my hole in the ground has an average of cold in the winter and hot in the summer, sorry I can't be more specific. Thinks? "maybe I should buy a thermometer, I wonder if KL sells em"

A SHED!!! "sheer luxury" my hole in the ground has an average of cold in the winter and hot in the summer, sorry I can't be more specific. Thinks? "maybe I should buy a thermometer, I wonder if KL sells em"

Hole in the ground? Luxury!! We dream of havin' a 'ole in the ground!

Back