Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As of writing this, your website is down but i assume its the same false bottom that comes with the system and yes i did have it at the bottom.

I took a photo and as you can see some pieces are quite bent.

p8yb4A0m.jpg
Mine looks exactly the same

@KegLand-com-au
To those here that whinge about "out of stock" a word if I may. I wanted 2 things (sort of) an RB and a 6kg gas, not wanting to pay double freight I waited until the RB's came and they did, and yep the gas was then out of stock, so I waited again (fingers crossed) I got both (plus a few bits) eventually for $30 freight, we live in an age of NOW! but it's false, it's only NOW! if it's electronic, no-one can deliver 30kg's through your smart phone, tablet, laptop, sure people can airfreight and have it in 5 days (do you really want to pay for that?)
You would think that Toyota (massive storage ability, unlimited funds, global reach) would have the bit you need sitting on a shelf near you (they don't!) they operate JIT (just in time) where computers predict what parts will be needed where and when, and if you are unlucky enough for your $150,000 Landcruiser to suffer an "unexpected" failure you will have to wait for the part to be shipped from Japan (yes they will air freight it lol)
My point is this: this tiny company with limited funds and limited storage is trying to supply a service at minimal cost to it's customers and should be applauded, if this means we don't get it NOW! well my friends there are at least a half dozen other suppliers that will supply it now, just be prepared for the "air freight" Cheers G

ps, just ordered new taps and stuff, and yep some bits are out of stock, oh well "shrugs"

I generally agree with what you are saying here. And I was relatively patient enough and just kept checking back. However, if the functionality was there, it would be good to have some ability to pre-order it and then once it was here they could just send it/make it available for pickup. That way they would also get a better idea of quantities they needed to order. So if they have a shipment coming in, but then they are all already pre-ordered, they could follow up straight away with another order to get more in.

Just my thoughts.

Hi Null, yep I agree with you completely and to be honest it's been a mystery to me why they haven't implemented such functionality as technically it's not hard to do, possibly a funding issue (but they could require pre-payment to get around that) or a staffing issue? web admin can be expensive, who knows what the reason is, and it would be unreasonable of us to expect KL to explain their business decisions, after all we aren't shareholders in the company (although I would like to be lol). My feeling is that as the company matures and they gain market share they will offer such a service along with the inevitable rise in prices "sad face", but in the meantime I'm getting everything that previously was just too costly and couldn't be justified to the minister for finance and warfare, or was a "cor I'd like one of those" and upgrading my existing stock. As frustrating as it may be, make hay while the sun shines brewers, cos winter will come eventually. Cheers G

It could also be that they choose not to implement a pre-purchase feature, rather than are unable to. Imagine all the whiners on this thread if items were perpetually Out Of Stock because all incoming stock was pre-purchased before it even hit the shelves?

Um, the owners of the LHBS that mashmaniac bought the KL products from.
They're just up the road from me in Morwell Vic (there's only one HB store in town) They are only new and are building their stocks, have a good bunch of AG gear on the floor. Happy to get anything in for me and actually refrigerate hops and yeats!! (unheard of in this neck of the woods).

It could also be that they choose not to implement a pre-purchase feature, rather than are unable to. Imagine all the whiners on this thread if items were perpetually Out Of Stock because all incoming stock was pre-purchased before it even hit the shelves?
Too true, but as Null pointed out it would enable them to re-order more quickly thus cutting down the waiting time, as for that sub group of whingers and knockers, let em pay "air freight" :bigcheers:

@KegLand-com-au - do carry any immersion chillers (that I otherwise can't seem to find on your website)? I can see a counterflow chiller for the Robobrew but I'm looking for an immersion chiller for my 40L Crown Urn..

Too true, but as Null pointed out it would enable them to re-order more quickly thus cutting down the waiting time, as for that sub group of whingers and knockers, let em pay "air freight" :bigcheers:
There may well be supply delays on the factory end as well, KL may have a limit on the amount of stock they're able to order. Wouldn't surprise me considering they've not been in business long.

People don't seem to mind how Kogan does it - as long as its very clear up front it's a good way to do it (and thats assuming it's simple enough to do back-end - which it might not be)

Well may i suggest that you hold onto it until the smell disappears, because if we had smellovision no one would even touch it.

Is there no common sense there or is it all about the dollars.

Yes that is absolutely what we plan to do. Now that we are in a larger warehouse we will be order this hosing in larger batch sizes and holding stock in rotation here. This will significantly helpt the situation. So we will have serveral months rotation.

At the moment our company is only about 220days old so pretty much everything we have is quite new including the silicon hose.

Hi @KegLand-com-au, I have one of your Fresh Wort Kits (Summer Ale) sitting in my cupboard ready to be brewed this weekend. However if I wanted to save it for a party in October and brew then would it hold fine? Or is it the earlier the better?

Cheers,

According to Grain and Grape who make this fresh wort kit they can last easily for more than 12 months without any noticeable effect on flavour or aroma.

So yes the fresh wort kit should be perfectly fine for severa months.

@KegLand-com-au Hi Kee my order arrived promptly thank you (yes I had to wait till you had stock see comment at end) but unfortunately I have to agree with RRising re: QA on the RB's, all the screens were bent quite badly, the stick on cover for the control panel was skewed by 11mm, the grinding on the malt pipe lifting handle looked like the work of a first year apprentice and the gauge of steel is "adequate".
OK here's the rub, I paid $399! for a system that WORKS, not $1200, not $2000 plus, just $399 for that I thank you, it took me 2 mins to peal off the sticker and put it back on correctly, the screens are now sort of flat will see how that works in practice, the handle at the end of the day is just that "a handle" and the gauge of steel? well if I'd paid $2000 I wouldn't be happy, but I didn't so it's a fair deal, it just looks like some small manufacturer got a big order and they just slapped it all together and threw it all in a box without any care, very sad that an extra 10 mins per unit would have made a world of difference to the end product.
To those here that whinge about "out of stock" a word if I may. I wanted 2 things (sort of) an RB and a 6kg gas, not wanting to pay double freight I waited until the RB's came and they did, and yep the gas was then out of stock, so I waited again (fingers crossed) I got both (plus a few bits) eventually for $30 freight, we live in an age of NOW! but it's false, it's only NOW! if it's electronic, no-one can deliver 30kg's through your smart phone, tablet, laptop, sure people can airfreight and have it in 5 days (do you really want to pay for that?)
You would think that Toyota (massive storage ability, unlimited funds, global reach) would have the bit you need sitting on a shelf near you (they don't!) they operate JIT (just in time) where computers predict what parts will be needed where and when, and if you are unlucky enough for your $150,000 Landcruiser to suffer an "unexpected" failure you will have to wait for the part to be shipped from Japan (yes they will air freight it lol)
My point is this: this tiny company with limited funds and limited storage is trying to supply a service at minimal cost to it's customers and should be applauded, if this means we don't get it NOW! well my friends there are at least a half dozen other suppliers that will supply it now, just be prepared for the "air freight" Cheers G

ps, just ordered new taps and stuff, and yep some bits are out of stock, oh well "shrugs"

Thanks for your support. We are definitely working hard to increase inventory levels. Also the new Springvale warehouse is quite a bit larger at 12-18 Lascelles st so this will enable us to hold signficiantly more stock. With that said we are very quickly taking on new customers so we still keep selling out of stuff.

Also with regards to new products like these sodastream cylinder filling adaptors:
https://www.kegland.com.au/sodastream-cylinder-filling-adapter-filling-station-with-bleed-valve.html

With these new products we are often not sure how well they will sell so we only manufacture a small batch and then get feedback from our customers before we order again. With that said if it goes well they can sometimes sell out in under 1 week. Then to get more manufactured and shipped to us it can take a further 2 months for this to happen. So planning inventory on products that we dont have sales data on is quite difficult but every day we exist the situation gets better. Today is the 217th day that we have been in business and every day we opperate we get significantly more data and can make better inventory planning decisions.

Back