Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Kegland,
Why was there a week delay in stock for the Mini Kegs? Super excited to get my hands on one. Is the Mini-reg compatible with the 2.6kg gas bottle for force carbing them?
I also noticed that the sizes in the title for the 4L and the 5L are the wrong way around.

I have a stainless liquid all lock disconnect that i cleaned the other day... Unfortunately I lost the seal that sits in between where the disconnect screws apart at some point (only noticed when beer was leaking all down the keg).

Anyone know if i can get a replacement without buying the whole disconnect?

Cheers
Alex

any news on robobrew deliveries? a mate has been waiting on one for a long time

The shredded metal from the pump on Facebook, is that an isolated incident or have you had reports of this before?

Thanks for that, pretty sure my larger ID shanks are the threaded tube type..... but those are the ones i'm looking to replace.

I think my 5mm ID ones are actually chrome plated brass and that must be why they were able to bore a smaller ID. They do pour great though.

Cheers

For good pouring, you do not want the diameter of your flow path increasing from keg to tap, as it will likely result in Cavitation & foaming. You want consistent diameter or narrowing towards the tap for the best pour.

The new regulators manufactured after 2016 had a completely seald seat and seat cap assembly which significantly reduces the chance of contamination in the seal. With that said it can still happen and this can cause pressure creep as shown in the video.

You need to replace the brass piece that comes with the diaphragm kit here:

https://www.kegland.com.au/regulator-replacement-diaphragm-and-seat-assembly-885.html

This will be covered under warranty if it's a new regulator though so please let us know if that is the case.

All seems to be working now, replaced the pieces inside and its holding its pressure. Thanks for the help.

https://www.kegland.com.au/robobrew-spare-heavy-duty-silicone-hosing-1-1-5m.html

On the same page it says in stock and out of stock...which is it?

upload_2018-7-9_14-26-58.png

Hi Kee just wondering when more information is going to be released on the 50l fermentasaurus interested to know the dimensions, price and when we can expect to see the 1st shipment arrive.

Quick question on the minikegs:

1) What warranty will these have?
2) Any plans to stock just the carbonation lid as per below image.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20180710-120438_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20180710-120438_Chrome.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 159
Hi Kegland,
Why was there a week delay in stock for the Mini Kegs? Super excited to get my hands on one. Is the Mini-reg compatible with the 2.6kg gas bottle for force carbing them?
I also noticed that the sizes in the title for the 4L and the 5L are the wrong way around.

Yes the delay is unfortunate as we have a lot of customers waiting for the min ikegs. These will probably sell out in the first couple weeks of them arriving. We do sometimes get delays getting stock cleared through customs.

If you are talking about this mini regulator, yes its compatible:
https://www.kegland.com.au/mini-all-in-one-regulator-charger-with-prv.html

with this gas cylinder:
https://www.kegland.com.au/co2-gas-cylinders-2-6kg-full.html

So yes this is no problem using these parts together.

As far as i can see the size is correct. The 4L one has narrower 135mm diameter making it possible to actually get them into some large fridge doors. The 5L one is the larger diameter of 175mm.

I have a stainless liquid all lock disconnect that i cleaned the other day... Unfortunately I lost the seal that sits in between where the disconnect screws apart at some point (only noticed when beer was leaking all down the keg).

Anyone know if i can get a replacement without buying the whole disconnect?

Cheers
Alex

Hey Alex,

We do not sell this seal seaparately but you can just use a standard o-ring replacement for this part. You might be able to get away with a post o-ring. Alternatively if you get a 10mm ID x 1.5mm cross section o-ring I would imagine this might do the job. Even though the standard one we supply with them has a square cross section a round cross section o-ring would work fine if you get the right size.

any news on robobrew deliveries? a mate has been waiting on one for a long time

The Robobrew units are selling out as fast as we can get them in at the moment. The next container arrives tomorrow so we will put them back online shortly after.

Possibly already answered, but is there an ETA on the 65L Robobrews?

I am sorry but we got more samples made up and they still were not good enough so we are making more changes and hopefully getting the final samples in about 5 weeks. If these final units are fine and require no changes then the stock of the 65L Robobrew units will arrive at the end of September. Sorry this process takes a long time and we want to make sure they are as good as they can be before they are released.

The shredded metal from the pump on Facebook, is that an isolated incident or have you had reports of this before?

We have done some investigation on this to determine this issue. The stainless recirculation arm sometimes has been received to us with some stainless coils like that inside the tube itself. When the Robobrew units are assembled water is reciruclated in the units for about 5 minutes to make sure that everything is working correctly. During this process it is possible that if stainless was in the tube it may have then re-circulated into the pump head. We now have seen about 4 of these where this has happened. I should say that that is 4 out of thousands that have been sold so by all means the defect rate is extremly low. With that said this is now part of the QC procedure to check these tubes before assembly to make sure they are free of stainless like this.

Quick question on the minikegs:

1) What warranty will these have?
2) Any plans to stock just the carbonation lid as per below image.

The mini kegs are 5 year warranty.

You really wont find a better quality mini keg available anywhere. We actually compare the difference between ours and others on the market here:

I know some people thing all stuff out of china is the same but it's really not. We have gone to a lot of effort to acquire the right welding equipment so these kegs can be made to a higher specification as described in the video.

Back