Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Kegland, do your Robobrew spares fit grainfathers?

Specifically, the overflow inlet (I think I threw mine in the bin....): https://www.kegland.com.au/robobrew-35l-gen3-overflow-cone.html

I would not be surprised if it does fit but its not something that we have tried before so i am not sure. The other thing is a lot of people dont even use that part at all.

Some customers just use this silicon plug that fits over the malt pipe extension tube:
https://www.kegland.com.au/intertap-silicone-plug-faucet-tap-spout.html

This blocks off the tube and then all the wort goes through the grain bed. The only issue is you might have to back the flow off a bit on the recirculation arm.

I would not be surprised if it does fit but its not something that we have tried before so i am not sure. The other thing is a lot of people dont even use that part at all.

Some customers just use this silicon plug that fits over the malt pipe extension tube:
https://www.kegland.com.au/intertap-silicone-plug-faucet-tap-spout.html

This blocks off the tube and then all the wort goes through the grain bed. The only issue is you might have to back the flow off a bit on the recirculation arm.

I'll give the bung a go, thanks.

Different question but do you stock the silicone seals that go around the top and bottom filters?

Hey Kegland, just brought a brand new MK III regulator from you guys.

It seems to have an issue, with the low pressure knob completely out the regulator when I open the gas tank tap the high pressure reading goes up to 500kpa but them the low pressure value also starts climbing. To reiterate the low pressure knob is sitting on the table, so there should be no pressure going through.

Not sure what to do?

Hi there,

Just wondering what the quality of your beer line is like? I'm planning on using it with some John Guest push in fittings on the beer side of a keezer and keen to know if your line is prone to leaks when used with push in fittings?

Cheers

Hey Kegland, just brought a brand new MK III regulator from you guys.

It seems to have an issue, with the low pressure knob completely out the regulator when I open the gas tank tap the high pressure reading goes up to 500kpa but them the low pressure value also starts climbing. To reiterate the low pressure knob is sitting on the table, so there should be no pressure going through.

Not sure what to do?

Here is a video of what is happening.

Could be some dust/dirt/brass on the inside - I had the same issue with the ones from KegKing. Taking the reg apart and cleaning it out solved the issue.

Explained here:

Can you get an Allen key inside and ensure that the regulator is fully off.

Thanks for the reply, do you mind expanding on this?

Are you talking about putting an allen key inside where the LP knob goes in? The metal piece inside there that sits on top of the diaphragm seems loose when they knob is out.

Could be some dust/dirt/brass on the inside - I had the same issue with the ones from KegKing. Taking the reg apart and cleaning it out solved the issue.
Okay great, I need to find a wrench big enough to unscrew the the cover, does anyone know what size this would be?

Ok I get where your going, but these are commercial style kegs that have been rejigged, The idea is you ferment @ what ever normal temp* @ say 10-30psi with a spunding valve (do some reading on pressure fermenting this ain't the thread for that), when you hit 10 points above fg or there abouts, remove the spunding and let it rise in pressure, then when you cold crash the excess co2 will be absorbed into the beer, carbonating the beer. If your going to ferment with a blow off and then seal, the vacuum created won't harm the vessel, but I would suggest hitting with 10psi of co2, if won't harm the brew.

* when fermenting under pressure temps can be higher due to the pressure inhibiting ester formation (have an ale on tap that saw 40c in summer drinking quite well. Note this is extreme I'd prefer 25c as a ceiling)
Thanks. I have experience pressure fermenting, I was asking for the information that Kegland provided later as the spec sheet wasn't available. This might be useful for other people.

These vessels have been made to the same specifications as the beer kegs. As a result they have been designed to be repeatedly dropped from 1.5 meters at full working pressure and volume onto steel plate. They have also been designed to take aggressive steam cleaning process up to 120C and can go to sub zero temeratures for the same reason. One of the great things about using a product that has been designed as a keg is that it meets quite a high bar with regarsd to robustness. So that is correct, absolutely no issue with hot filling and cold crashing and the kegs can handle considerable vacuum as well as pressure.
Thank you for the details!

With the specification sheet here:

https://www.kegland.com.au/media/pdf/58L Kegmenter.pdf

This seems to work for me. Is this the link that you used?
Yes and it seems to download a corrupted PDF when I select the link. The 29L is fine. Unsure of the issue as it occurs when I use different browsers or wget. /shrug

I'll give the bung a go, thanks.

Different question but do you stock the silicone seals that go around the top and bottom filters?

Yes we do stock this silicon u-seal. With that said they are not that necessary and works well without this seal.

Okay great, I need to find a wrench big enough to unscrew the the cover, does anyone know what size this would be?

The new regulators manufactured after 2016 had a completely seald seat and seat cap assembly which significantly reduces the chance of contamination in the seal. With that said it can still happen and this can cause pressure creep as shown in the video.

You need to replace the brass piece that comes with the diaphragm kit here:

https://www.kegland.com.au/regulator-replacement-diaphragm-and-seat-assembly-885.html

This will be covered under warranty if it's a new regulator though so please let us know if that is the case.

Thank you for the details!

Yes and it seems to download a corrupted PDF when I select the link. The 29L is fine. Unsure of the issue as it occurs when I use different browsers or wget. /shrug

Can you send us an email to [email protected] and we will email thePDF to you instead.

The face of the regulator can be removed with a spanner that can open to about 41mm.

If you are really in a bind you can put the regulator face into the vice then turn the regulator itself by hand. This might enable you to get away without purchasing a larger spanner.

The new regulators manufactured after 2016 had a completely seald seat and seat cap assembly which significantly reduces the chance of contamination in the seal. With that said it can still happen and this can cause pressure creep as shown in the video.

You need to replace the brass piece that comes with the diaphragm kit here:

https://www.kegland.com.au/regulator-replacement-diaphragm-and-seat-assembly-885.html

This will be covered under warranty if it's a new regulator though so please let us know if that is the case.
Great, sent through the email and you guys put in the spare part in another order of mine that hadn't been dispatched! Hopefully arrives by friday!

Back