Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wide Eyed and Legless - We have noticed that you have quite a few posts that are particularly critical of us in particular and we do wonder if you have an ulterior motive. Don't get us wrong we dont mind the criticism and the whole idea of a forum is that everyone can speak their mind so we are not asking you to stop. It would be nice to know your particular motive that's all. It seems to us like you have never purchased anything from KegLand but are sceptical of our quality, service, and ethics for some reason. Is there something in partiulcar that KegLand has done to you to make you unhappy? What can we possibly do to turn your frown upside down?

When the staff at KegLand were working at Keg King the quality was better particularly on the ball lock disconnects, kegs and a few other items. But the reality is Keg King have now started to source new cheaper supplies from China. This has happened after we left. So we think it's a bit unfair for us to be held to account for bad decisions made by a company that we no longer have anything to do with. What we are saying is that the quality started to decrease from Jan 2018. We left Keg King in late 2017.

We made a video on the kegs in particular here. In the video we never mentioned the brand Keg King but it seems that it's public knowledge now:
https://www.kegland.com.au/19l-ball-lock-keg-brand-new-546.html
These kegs in the video were only purchase by KK after Jan 2017
Yep, keep on going, don't take notice of the trolls of your thread...Most of us are tired of their crap anyway, especially when they obliviously have a personal beef with you guys which other punters including myself don't care, one reason why I haven't been posting here lately ..

Question, like Ross said before , I love using my kegmenters 50 ltr variety , makes great beers better.
Will you guys be bringing some to the market in either 25-30 ltr or maybe 50 ltr sizes?
And spunding valves ?

Cheers

Last edited:
We are happy to answer any questions irrespective of how "cheeky" they are. So please feel free to ask whatever you like.

This is a bit confusing. There is a seller in China who sells on alibaba called Brewmaster. We also have Brewmaster Wholesale who is a wholesale distributor in America that sells our gear too (https://brewmasterwholesale.com ). So if you are in America then you should order from Brewmaster Wholesale.

If you are in the UK you can purchase our gear from the Malt Miller. Alternatively we are also sending more gear to www.brouwland.com. We also have a few other distributors in Europe too but it's best if you let us know what you are looking for specifically and we can direct you to the best distributor.

Sometimes we do have stuff that doesnt meet QA/QC and this type of gear is generally still sold but it's de-branded then sold to various other traders in China but not under the KegLand brand name. For goods purchased from China which you want that is genuine KegLand gear which we will support, back up and warrant then you can purchase from:

www.kegland.com.au
www.kegland.cn

Or purchase from a distributor that is displayed on these two websites.

So if you do that then you will get genuine gear which meets our quality control guidelines.

Thanks for that, although I am still a little unsure where Brewsmarter on AliExpress fit into things.
The Malt Miller probably has the best customer service in the UK and good pricing on your gear though so it's only when he is out of stock that I am looking elsewhere (I'm actually in Berlin now but it's easier/quicker to order from the UK still).

I do have another question though. A friend is wanting to reuse the PRV and corny posts from the pressure kit in a self build, see any issues apart from the PRV rating being quite low (I'm away from home so couldn't check that you could fully disassemble them)?

Yep, keep on going, don't take notice of the trolls of your thread...Most of us are tired of their crap anyway, especially when they obliviously have a personal beef with you guys which other punters including myself don't care, one reason why I haven't been posting here lately ..

Question, like Ross said before , I love using my kegmenters 50 ltr variety , makes great beers better.
Will you guys be bringing some to the market in either 25-30 ltr or maybe 50 ltr sizes?
And spunding valves ?

Cheers

Yes we really like the kegmenters as well and our staff use them too. I personally dont think they get enough attention. Because kegmenters are made from the tooling to make standard beer kegs they work out to be very efficient to make and therefore very good value. In the near future we will have two kegmenter sizes:

https://www.kegland.com.au/29l-kegmenter-304-stainless-uni-tank-pressurisable-fermenter.html

https://www.kegland.com.au/58l-kegmenter-304-stainless-uni-tank-pressurisable-fermenter.html

These should be in stock at the end of June.

As well as being great fermenters and/or kegs, the Kegmenters are also great as inoculation vessels. So you can fit one of these heating elements in the side (2200 Watt Heating Element) then boil your wort inside the kegmenter while heatingup the whole kegmenter at the same time. Then you might find this handy for making your own sour beers as some of our staff have done in the past.

I should also say that we are going to change the Kegmetners from silicon seal to EPDM seal. The silicon was just a bit too soft and when using the kegmenter at elivated pressures it was hard to get the kegmenters to hold much pressure without the soft silicon seal rollingout of place.

With regards to spunding valves we have been also looking to make a new design. We have just uploaded the PDF for this new design here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/media/pdf/Spunding Valve Adjustable Pressure Relief Valve KL06781.pdf
It's a bit difficult to tell in this PDF but we will have graduations on the shaft of this spunding valve to show the set pressure. This is not quite as accurate as a pressure gauge however in the past we used a capiliary type pressure gauge with the spunding valves that we sold and this also doesnt sit well with us. The capiliary type pressure guages are not very sanitary and wort or other stuff can get up into the capiliary tube which is virtually impossible to clean out. So we have been working to make a new type of spunding valve which you can see in the PDF.

Is there a release date for the 65L robobrew? WEAL you need to give up internet for a bit

We get this question quite a lot.

We already made several models of the Robobrew 65L but one of the things we have had some trouble with was getting the elements powerful enough for this size but also with low enough watt density on the elements so you did not scortch your wort. Due to this difficult comprimise we have decided that we will be going with exposed elements on the 65L model. I do personally like the concealed elements but after a lot of work we have found it impossible to get the watt density low enough of this powerful 3300watt brewery without using the exposed elements.

So our elements in the Robobrew 65L model will look silimar to the exposed elements in the Braumeister. This change that we made did set us back quite a bit but we felt that it was necessary.

We think the 65L model should be available some time in the second half of this year.

Thanks for that, although I am still a little unsure where Brewsmarter on AliExpress fit into things.
The Malt Miller probably has the best customer service in the UK and good pricing on your gear though so it's only when he is out of stock that I am looking elsewhere (I'm actually in Berlin now but it's easier/quicker to order from the UK still).

I do have another question though. A friend is wanting to reuse the PRV and corny posts from the pressure kit in a self build, see any issues apart from the PRV rating being quite low (I'm away from home so couldn't check that you could fully disassemble them)?

No dont see any issue with this. You can definitely re-use these parts. The red coloured PRV is normally the 2.5bar rated one.

We get this question quite a lot.

We already made several models of the Robobrew 65L but one of the things we have had some trouble with was getting the elements powerful enough for this size but also with low enough watt density on the elements so you did not scortch your wort. Due to this difficult comprimise we have decided that we will be going with exposed elements on the 65L model. I do personally like the concealed elements but after a lot of work we have found it impossible to get the watt density low enough of this powerful 3300watt brewery without using the exposed elements.

So our elements in the Robobrew 65L model will look silimar to the exposed elements in the Braumeister. This change that we made did set us back quite a bit but we felt that it was necessary.

We think the 65L model should be available some time in the second half of this year.
Awesome I'd rather wait and you do it properly so it's good to see you getting all ya ducks in a row!!

Yes we really like the kegmenters as well and our staff use them too. I personally dont think they get enough attention. Because kegmenters are made from the tooling to make standard beer kegs they work out to be very efficient to make and therefore very good value. In the near future we will have two kegmenter sizes:

https://www.kegland.com.au/29l-kegmenter-304-stainless-uni-tank-pressurisable-fermenter.html

https://www.kegland.com.au/58l-kegmenter-304-stainless-uni-tank-pressurisable-fermenter.html

A couple of questions if I may?
  1. What is the different in dimensions? Is the 29L half the height of the 58L? Or is it reduced diameter, or something else?
  2. Is there enough clearance to have the stainless ball locks on the posts when stacked?

As well as being great fermenters and/or kegs, the Kegmenters are also great as inoculation vessels. So you can fit one of these heating elements in the side (2200 Watt Heating Element) then boil your wort inside the kegmenter while heatingup the whole kegmenter at the same time. Then you might find this handy for making your own sour beers as some of our staff have done in the past.

I should also say that we are going to change the Kegmetners from silicon seal to EPDM seal. The silicon was just a bit too soft and when using the kegmenter at elivated pressures it was hard to get the kegmenters to hold much pressure without the soft silicon seal rollingout of place.

With regards to spunding valves we have been also looking to make a new design. We have just uploaded the PDF for this new design here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/media/pdf/Spunding Valve Adjustable Pressure Relief Valve KL06781.pdf
It's a bit difficult to tell in this PDF but we will have graduations on the shaft of this spunding valve to show the set pressure. This is not quite as accurate as a pressure gauge however in the past we used a capiliary type pressure gauge with the spunding valves that we sold and this also doesnt sit well with us. The capiliary type pressure guages are not very sanitary and wort or other stuff can get up into the capiliary tube which is virtually impossible to clean out. So we have been working to make a new type of spunding valve which you can see in the PDF.

That's awesome, perfect sizes, good prices and especially like the idea of the new seal which I agree the silicone ones can be abit of a problem at the high psi.
Will get onto these as you release them.
Cheers

A couple of questions if I may?
  1. What is the different in dimensions? Is the 29L half the height of the 58L? Or is it reduced diameter, or something else?
  2. Is there enough clearance to have the stainless ball locks on the posts when stacked?

1. Yes the 29L is both reduced diameter and reduced height. We will post up the PDF for both of these closer to the release date. We will put the drawings in the product links above very soon so you can see the dimensions.
2. Unfortunately we have only made the chimes high enough so you can stack the kegmenters. If you want to fit disconnects on the posts and also stack them you would have to make a spacer. A ring shaped spacer made from plywood would do the job nicely. With that said we don't get many customers wanting to dispense from these while they are stacked so it's not a common request.

Hello,

I was looking at the product your product: KL05364

I have a few questions, the chemical formula you have listed is H3PO4PE388, I was wondering exactly what the PE388 is?

And can I please have a copy of your SDS or MSDS

Thank you

Hi KL I'm new here I stumbled across this thread by accident researching the Robo. I've just retired and am getting back into brewing, I'm happy that BIAB systems (which is basically what robo etc all are) have finally taken off but absolutely amazed at what people are charging for them. Now I'm a bit new to forums so I'm not sure about the protocols to follow re: naming other peoples systems, and having read this thread from the beginning there are some people here that seriously need to talk to their GP and get their med's changed, alternatively don their shiny armour, mount their snowy steed and ride it off the nearest ******g cliff, having got that off my chest allow me to return to the point of this query, Grainfather $1,300.00 ish WTF!!! it's a tin can with an stc 1000 (or similar) an element and a pump fer christs sake how do they justify that? Which leads me to my question, why is the 65ltr Robo double the price of the 35ltr? if $800 is correct for the 65 then the 35 should be about $600, conversely if the 35 @ $400 is correct the 65 should be more like $600, or am I missing something? Also is the pump a magnetic drive type, and is the heating element replaceable, thanks in advance, good web site and great You tube content, cheers G

Just a thought but do you think it would be worth your while getting Beer engines made and stocking them for the homebrew market here?

They seem to be on the wish list of many brewers but expensive to buy and have posted from the UK.

Wouldn’t need to be an exact copy of the UK pub ones but some sort of simple pump that a sparkler could be fitted to.

Just a thought but do you think it would be worth your while getting Beer engines made and stocking them for the homebrew market here?

They seem to be on the wish list of many brewers but expensive to buy and have posted from the UK.

Wouldn’t need to be an exact copy of the UK pub ones but some sort of simple pump that a sparkler could be fitted to.
+1 I'd buy a couple if the cost was reasonable

Well there were plans for a "sparkler" spout for the Intertap faucets but they were put on the back burner for other higher priority items.
I would buy a few of these in a heart beat if they worked well and I own a couple of beer engines (they are a lot more involved to use and keep clean if you are only pulling the occasional pint, although the carb caps do make it a lot easier).

Hello,

I was looking at the product your product: KL05364

I have a few questions, the chemical formula you have listed is H3PO4PE388, I was wondering exactly what the PE388 is?

And can I please have a copy of your SDS or MSDS

Thank you

Thanks for pointing that out. It's actually a typo. Should be H3PO4. Very much appreciated. We are just chasing up the MSDS now and will upload soon.

Back