Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As we can all see Kee has stolen Keg Kings mailing list / IP and is breaching the SPAM act.

I've heard from other business owners he's cold calling drumming up business but also selling to retail customers undercutting the retailers he's looking for.

In Australia we call this a **** act.

Change my mind, happy to admit I've got it all wrong.

As we can all see Kee has stolen Keg Kings mailing list / IP and is breaching the SPAM act.

I've heard from other business owners he's cold calling drumming up business but also selling to retail customers undercutting the retailers he's looking for.

In Australia we call this a **** act.

Change my mind, happy to admit I've got it all wrong.
happy to admit your wrong after you call him a ****? because you hear some rumors. A life lesson I learnt long ago is to make up your own opinions of people based on your own personal experiences don't go listening to rumors of other people.

Will KegLand be stocking the Fermentasaurus? Is that currently being remodelled for a V2 or is Oxebar not going to be supplying KegLand?

I recently contacted Oxebar about where I could purchase a fermentasaurus as there does not appear to be any stock with any distributors. They responded telling me there is a Gen 2 in the works and it should be available towards the end of the year. Also, that they would be available through KegLand.

With Intertap F/C taps, is it true that you only need enough line to reach the keg outpost?

Forget the rumours ... here are some facts.

KegLand offer retailers a 10% discount off their RRP ... after freight costs and GST are paid, there is NO way they can be competitive. So, because of this, many of us retailers just do not offer those products anymore. We used to be able to make a living from keg gear, but there's no point being much more expensive.

This price war is all about intentionally harming their opposition ... the outcomes go both ways. Great for the consumer - competition has resulted incredibly cheap product ... Bad for the consumer - very few in the industry are prepared to support these products (refills, repairs or service). Additionally, the variety of these type products will decrease ... if they are not profitable it will not be worth a retailer investing in that type of stock.

I have been a home brew store owner for over 18 years ... my only goal is to feed my family ... this sort of stuff does not help!

Now back to queries to KegLand.

Will KegLand be stocking the Fermentasaurus? Is that currently being remodelled for a V2 or is Oxebar not going to be supplying KegLand?[/QUOTE]

I doubt very very much they will be stocking a bona fide Fermentasaurus, they may attempt to get a copy of something similar from China.

I have a question about the email newsletter sent out yesterday, which I received at an address that has never made a Kegland purchase. I have, however, bought from Keg King previously using this email. What's going on here?

You have probably purchased from our ebay account in the past. So you may have never purchased from www.KegLand.com.au however if you have purchased from our ebay account your information is stored in this ebay account and then your details would be migrated to the database. The other thing is that we have hired a third party marketing consultant who also looks after some of our e-marketing so your email may have been provided through another mailing list from this third party. If you send us your email address we can follow this up for you and work out how it got onto the database if you like and give you a more complete answer. Please email us at [email protected] so we can follow this up for you.

I've asked this many times, but never really received a satisfactory answer.

You're CO2 bottle prices are great, but where can we get them refilled or swapped over?

I've spoken to some of the local HB shops around, and they were pretty cagey about it. They either did MKoL bottles of Keg King bottles, and didn't really want to say if they'd swap a Keg Land one for either of those...

Is there a list of stores where we can, with certainty, get these bottles swapped over?

Our cylinders are made precicely to the Australian standard and they are approved and hydro tested as they should be. As we have only been selling the KegLand cylinders for the past few months definitely we dont have as many locations around Australia that can do refills. With that said we just had 3 new refill stations added to this map last week:

https://www.kegland.com.au/distributor/

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...ll=-28.725128756560174,134.60527650000006&z=4

I am 100% sure that as time goes on we will continue to increase the number of refill stations around Australia.

If anyone has a particular home brew store, or site that they would like to see refills offered just email the details to us at [email protected]. We will contact that potencial refill station, send them the work cover approval paperwork and also the certification information and also do what we can to confince them to start offering refilling on our cylinders.

True, and KegLand doesn't seem to have many swap and go or refill venues, according to the map posted.

Yes that is correct. We dont have that many refill locations yet but they are increasing quickly. We are fairly confident that by the end of the year all of the KK filling sites will also fill KL cylinders. We do have to have this conversation with one retail outlet at a time though and this takes time. Last week we had 3 new sites added to the map and we will continue to add new sites to the map going forward as well.

Is KegLand actually going to respond to this thread, or just leave it up to speculation and hearsay by AHB members?

Yes definitely we will respond to this thread. We will respond as quickly as can. The replies will mostly be during business hours from Monday to Friday.

Most of these questions they obviously won't even acknowledge, for obvious reasons...

Definitely if you send us a question in this thread we will endevour to respond to every single question that is raised. You can hold us to that account.

I have to agree with Dr_Rocks. I'm surprised that kegland.com.au started this thread but haven't replied to any of the comments.

We most certainly will reply to all questions but it will take us some time to respond. Our main priority is to make sure orders are processed in the most timely manner possible. Second to this we do make every effort to respond to every enquiry made irrespective of what is being asked. Please allow us 1-2 business days though as we are extremely busy at the moment.

To be fair they only started the tread Thursday 10:54pm and don’t appear to have been on line since Thursday at 11:11 PM. It’s only Saturday now so I would guess they are too busy running their business to spend every day on this forum.

Also they did make it clear that the thread was started to ‘’ any questions related to our gear or other keg dispensing gear’’ and the only two relevant questions asked so far have been answered by other members.

Thanks for that. Yes definitely this thread was started for questions related specifically to dispensing hardware however we are happy to answer any questions people have for us. If the question is not something that has any relevance to other members of the forum then perhaps you should just email us at [email protected]

Yes I too got an email, but it was and is obvious as to why. Kegland is a business set up/joined by previous directors/staff of Kegking. Those of us that received emails must have left our email with the Kegking website at some point. Those that pay attention, will remember that the first most noticed of the problems at KK was that the website became Keg-King, probably because those that left, owned the website without the dash. If those customer email addresses belong to the server to the directors/what ever that have started a new business called KegLand, then I guess they hold the right to have those email addresses. If not then it is the company Keg King that should be annoyed and can take action. For the rest of us, what's with the faux annoyance everyone? Just unsubscribe if you don't want the emails. Plain and simple.

Will KegLand be stocking the Fermentasaurus? Is that currently being remodelled for a V2 or is Oxebar not going to be supplying KegLand?

The KegKing.com.au website belongs to Kee Doery who was theh founder of Keg King. MCH Australia PTY LTD was only the distribution company that looked after distributoin of this brand. It did not own the brand, IP, or rights to the innovations that were developed, MCH Australia was purely a distribution company. Kee Doery allowed the brand to be distributed by MCH Australia.

Prior to Kee Doery forming a distribution partnership with MCH Australia the company MCH Australia was importing and distributing, furniture, cleaning products, greeceproof paper, wipes, and some womens clothing. It had no interest in home brewing gear whatsoever. Before the Keg King brand was developed MCH Australia was struggling to survive. The cleaning proucts, greeceproof paper, wipes and furniture all were products that were deleted as they did not make any money. On the other hand the Keg King brand started to become more and more successful. in 2008 an agreement was made between the shareholders. One of the shareholders did not live up to this agreement and now disputes the validity of this agreement. This cause a significant amount of friction in the company. This sole shareholder has been left to run the MCH Australia PTY LTD business on her own. In late 2017 not only the founder but more than half the full time staff left MCH Australia. In fact 2 of the people working at Keg Land Distribution PTY LTD are still part owers of MCH Australia PTY LTD but due to these disputes being onling it's unlikely that they will go back to MCH Australia any time soon.

We would agree with Jack of all Biers. If you dont like any of our communications via email we would recommend that you unsubscribe. That will very quickly fix the problem. With that said KegLand Distribution PTY LTD have not stolen or aquired email addresses by any unsavory means. The email database has been compiled through several different avenues which include but are not limited to:

1. Third party marketing consultant that has been assisting with email marketing and you may have signed up to one of these email lists at some stage which is why you got an email from us.
2. The ebay account that belongs to KegLand Distributoin. https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/kegland-com-au?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
You can see from this ebay account owned by KegLand that there is 11,048 reviews so there is a good chance that if you have not purchased something from www.kegland.com.au then you probablyl did purchase something from the ebay page.
3. Website sales from www.kegland.com.au
4. We have also started to form some affiliations with other bloggers, youtube personalities, other influential people in the industry, and home brew clubs.

So just because you have not purchased from www.KegLand.com.au before that is not the only place that we have been able to compile an email database.

Forget the rumours ... here are some facts.

KegLand offer retailers a 10% discount off their RRP ... after freight costs and GST are paid, there is NO way they can be competitive. So, because of this, many of us retailers just do not offer those products anymore. We used to be able to make a living from keg gear, but there's no point being much more expensive.

This price war is all about intentionally harming their opposition ... the outcomes go both ways. Great for the consumer - competition has resulted incredibly cheap product ... Bad for the consumer - very few in the industry are prepared to support these products (refills, repairs or service). Additionally, the variety of these type products will decrease ... if they are not profitable it will not be worth a retailer investing in that type of stock.

I have been a home brew store owner for over 18 years ... my only goal is to feed my family ... this sort of stuff does not help!

Hello Armstrong. Definitely these types of disputes are horrendous for retailer. We would totally agree which is why we also want to see this price war end as soon as possible. We do already work very closely with various home brew stores and we want to continue to do this in future. We have already started to increase our prices on a number of our key lines. For instance with the Robobrew units with every single batch they have increased in price and they will continue to go up in price too. Our wholesale price has been the same price since day 1 but our retail price has already gone up 3 times since we started selling them.

For instance one of our most popular lines is our sanitiser.
https://www.kegland.com.au/phosphoric-acid-blend-sanitiser-500ml-starsan.html

This is the best value sanitiser in Ausrtalia. It uses almost identical formulation as another popular American brand, is packed in the same type of dual chamber bottle and it's a fraction of the cost. We recently increased the price on this product so the RRP is $9.95. We did this specifically because we want to make sure we have adequate margin on the goods for retailers like yourself. We wholesale this for $4.90+GST the RRP on this product is $9.95. This would be considered a very fair margin.

Definitely we have other products in part of our range with tight margins but as time goes on we will also make more space between our RRP and the wholesale price.

I doubt very very much they will be stocking a bona fide Fermentasaurus, they may attempt to get a copy of something similar from China.[/QUOTE]

The Fermentasaurus brand name is owned by Kee Doery who now works at KegLand Distribution PTY LTD. The Fermentasaurus is not a particularly easy product to make. At the time when it was first manufactured it was the largest injection stretch blow moulded container ever made from PET and put into production. A new type of machine had to be built to make this product as there was not a single plant in Australia that had these capabilities. The machine used new and innovative technology. This technology pushed the boundaries of what could be done with PET. With that said the machine was also the first of it's kind and also had significant issues in the way it operated making it difficult to run reliably.

Although the Fermentasaurus 1 was certainly a great product it also enabled us to learn about how to make a much better product and also made us aware of how we could build a much better machine and production line in general.

So after much research and development Kegland Distribution, Oxebar and two other partners have teamed up and we have already started to make a second blow moulding facility which will be commissioned at the end of 2018. This new machine will manufacture the new Fermentasaurus 2 which will be distributed by KegLand Distribution PTY LTD in Australia and various other partners overseas.

KegLand Distribution has also hired the main engineer and general manager who was running the old blow moulding facility for the Fermentasaurus 1. He is working closely with KegLand in the development of the Fermentasaurus 2 as well as several other engineers who have a unique experience in this area of plastics.

As an observer the only dispute I see is KegLand slashing prices to get at KegKing with no thought for the Home brew stores who's loyalty you may want down the track. How can you expect a store to be loyal to you when you slash prices on a whim. So a retailer can make $3.66 on some sanitiser which will last forever and a day, can't see much bread on the table coming from that. A retailer wants good solid profit margins off what should be bread and butter products like kegs, Robobrew and the like. If a retailer can't make as much money as he could working for someone else he may as well have a fire sale and shut up shop. Is this your aim.

... as time goes on we will also make more space between our RRP and the wholesale price.

As time goes on?

Brew Shop owners do not have the luxury of time when dealing with the fallout from your damaged egos ... we don't care if you feel hard done by from your previous employers and want to punish them.

KegLand and KegKing obviously feel that the ONLY thing they have to offer is price. Neither has attempted to win market share via superior products and customer service ... it is just who can sell it the cheapest to try and kill the other, regardless of the damage it does.

The perceived value of these products is already destroyed ... a 6kg Co2 bottle is now worth $99 and will never return to the $249 it used to be. So congratulations ... you now can have all the gas bottle sales that we used to get, but do not expect us to then support your products.

Latest posts

Back