Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

Malchizedec

Reaction score
Kegland. Is there any plan to upgrade the G20 Glycol chiller to interface with the RAPT platform? The RAPT chamber is far far too large for me to be able to justify / fit anywhere and I belive there is a hole in the market for a good value and well sized smart glycol system for all those connicals that are just too large to fit in smaller bar fridges.
Thinking about it BAA, are you just chasing telemetry or full control via the Rapt controller?

donald_trub

Reaction score
Hey KL, I've got a product idea that sounds easy and might slip in pretty easily to your portfolio. I'd like an outdoor LPG wok burner for cranking out good stir fries as hot as possible. Kenji has a great video where he tests a few and makes a few recommendations (his conclusion is more BTUs doesn't mean better). Unfortunately his recommendations aren't available here and I believe they've sold out in the states thanks to him. Video is here -

They're not too different to a brewing setup, so maybe there's some double up.

S.E

Reaction score
Hey KL, I've got a product idea that sounds easy and might slip in pretty easily to your portfolio. I'd like an outdoor LPG wok burner for cranking out good stir fries as hot as possible. Kenji has a great video where he tests a few and makes a few recommendations (his conclusion is more BTUs doesn't mean better). Unfortunately his recommendations aren't available here and I believe they've sold out in the states thanks to him. Video is here -

I have been using one like he recommends since about 1995. I bought it in Hong Kong and it was my outdoor wok burner when I lived there. I also used it for a few years in the UK as an outdoor wok burner. For the past 15 years it has been my main brewery burner here in Australia and lived outdoors for about 5 years.

As he said they go rusty pretty quick (on the surface) when used outdoors but that doesn’t seem to affect their use for quite a while. My original one only rusted though and broke at the joint earlier this year. Luckily I had a spare one that I bought a few years ago as a backup. They are great for both wok cooking and brewing.

huez

Reaction score

You can get the rambo wok burner off ebay. Not particularly cheap but mine is still going strong after like 8 years. Looks similar to the one in the video except no pilot light, piezo ignition though

donald_trub

Reaction score
You can get the rambo wok burner off ebay. Not particularly cheap but mine is still going strong after like 8 years. Looks similar to the one in the video except no pilot light, piezo ignition though
Thanks for that, I'll start researching rambos!

S.E

Reaction score
Might be worth while looking on Hong Kong ebay, they are very cheap in HK. Just a simple cheap commercial burner, not called Rambos there though. There is an English HK ebay.

Latest posts