KegLand.com.au... whata ya got?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Kegland , what is going on with phosphoric sanitizer at the moment? Why is there a shortage?

That is true if you no chill but if using the immersion chiller supplied with the robobrew the wort will go through the ball valve at close to pitching temp.
That's exactly correct.

When you are talking about a fermenter you need to use a butterfly valve as this is where the real risk of infection is.

If you are talking about the Robobrew they get up to boiling temperatures so ball valves are perfectly fine.

Hey Kegland , what is going on with phosphoric sanitizer at the moment? Why is there a shortage?

The shortage is almost over. We are getting the first shipment in stock on the 24th April.

I should also say that we are making our own version of Powdered Brewery Wash too so this will be available in June onwards.

Kegland, hope you bring out the 50 + kegmenters again , I need more.

Good luck with the venture.

We are in the process of making a couple slightly different designs. We are making a new 29L Kegmenter and also a new 58L kegmenter.

Beer line 4mm ID how long until you have stock?

With regards to beer line. The old beer line that we used to have was not that good and some customers complained about the Keg King beer line. So with KegLand we are in the process of developing a new type of beer line and it's taken us a bit longer than we though to finish. We are making a double walled beer line where we have EVA extruded with another higher density polymer as the inner liner. To be honest it's the same thing that you see with Valpar Superflex beer line. So we are using a similar type of technology in our new beer line.

This new beer line will be available in a few weeks time and this will be the 4mm ID stuff that we sell moving forward.

Also the other thing is that we are going to have much better tolerance on the OD of the beer line. I know that a lot of people are using the push in fittings in the past and if the OD is not absolutely perfect then you can have leaks. So this is also something we wanted to imrove before we released our new beer line.

The tap will have been heated for at least an hour during the boil prior to chilling. I always re- circulate near boiling wort through my ball valve after whirlpool for at least 10 mins before chilling.

Yes this is a very good idea. Also to re-ciculate the boiling wort through your chiller or boil your chiller is also a good idea depending on what chiller type you are using.

@KegLand-com-au do you intend to get some sort of CIP system for keg washing and sanitising ?
i find it very hard to clean and sanitise 50l kegs.

We have looked at this in the past. We will definitely make a CIP recirculating system but we have a few other projects that we are trying to finish first such as the:

Fermentasaurus 2
New type of Grain Mills
New Temp Controllers
New fermenting fridges
New design of CO2 regulator

So we already have a few things that are ahead of the CIP system in our product development at the moment.

We have looked at this in the past. We will definitely make a CIP recirculating system but we have a few other projects that we are trying to finish first such as the:

Fermentasaurus 2
New type of Grain Mills
New Temp Controllers
New fermenting fridges

So we already have a few things that are ahead of the CIP system in our product development at the moment.

Sounds cool. Can you share anything in the differences between the fermentasaurus v1 and v2?

Fermentasaurus 2
New type of Grain Mills
New Temp Controllers
New fermenting fridges

I am keen to hear about fermentation fridge, any info you can share?

I am keen to hear about fermentation fridge, any info you can share?

The fermenting fridge will have a flat floor and look a bit like a commercial display fridge. The main difference is that it will have heating inside the fridge also. The first ones will have a fairly basic temp controller that you just manually set the temperature.

Then we have been working on another new controller that is connected to wifi, so you can monitor and change the temperatures remotely, set alerts etc.

Sounds cool. Can you share anything in the differences between the fermentasaurus v1 and v2?

We will have a slightly smaller size and also a much larger 50L size Fermentasaurus. Also larger dump valve and larger opening at the top. These are the main changes. We will do a video with more detailed information later on this year.

I bought a co2 cylinder off these guys. Problem is no one on the east side of Melbourne will swap it.
Keg King won’t. Narre brew Supplies can’t so I’ve got to go to Grain n Grape which is a cut lunch away.

I bought a co2 cylinder off these guys. Problem is no one on the east side of Melbourne will swap it.
Keg King won’t. Narre brew Supplies can’t so I’ve got to go to Grain n Grape which is a cut lunch away.

What was the excuse for not swapping it?

We will be setting up our own refill station later on this year and we will be located in the south east, probably somewhere between Oakleigh and Dandenong. So in the future we can fill them for you directly.

Our cylinders are basically the same as the Keg King ones so I am a bit surprised they would not fill. If you removed the sticker the actual cylinders themselves are actuallly identical.

Another place in the east you can try is:

Selby Safety Equipment Services
2.4 km · Bayswater VIC
(03) 9762 6999

What suburb are you located in?

Thanks for the info, the way they spoke to me there’s a bit of bad blood there
I removed the sticker on the way to g&g (wish I had of thought of that first)
I’m in Brighton

We will be setting up our own refill station later on this year and we will be located in the south east, probably somewhere between Oakleigh and Dandenong. So in the future we can fill them for you directly.

Our cylinders are basically the same as the Keg King ones so I am a bit surprised they would not fill. If you removed the sticker the actual cylinders themselves are actuallly identical.

Another place in the east you can try is:

Selby Safety Equipment Services
2.4 km · Bayswater VIC
(03) 9762 6999

What suburb are you located in?

+1 for the guys at Selby. I take my 6kg Supagas bottle there for refill. Going rate is a dozen cans of megswill for a refill

I see the new kegmenters are listed on the website as coming next month. Can you give dimensions for the 29 litre version (height and diameter)?

also interested in dimensions, can you please update the website with dimensions of the stainless fermenters? cheers.

Hey guys. Just letting you know that we wanted to try out this new promo feature on our website and see how it worked so we are going to do a hop sock promo.

Add 5 of these hop socks to your order on our website:

https://www.kegland.com.au/hop-sock-small-grain-bag-biab-540.html

Then use the promo code: HOPSOCK4MAY and you will get 5 hop socks completely FREE!

full

Back