KegLand.com.au... whata ya got?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys. Just letting you know that we wanted to try out this new promo feature on our website and see how it worked so we are going to do a hop sock promo.

Add 5 of these hop socks to your order on our website:

https://www.kegland.com.au/hop-sock-small-grain-bag-biab-540.html

Then use the promo code: HOPSOCK4MAY and you will get 5 hop socks completely FREE!

full

It's a bit cheeky to ask, but what the hell... is this with free shipping?

I had assumed the offer was add 5 hop socks to your order when ordering other items from KL. Just tried 5 socks only and they seem to be free but with $8.74 Postage.

I am sorry but we only give the hop socks away for free. You still have to pay for postage yourself.

Just missed out, I ordered last week but even still FREE +postage is a bargain

Ball valves need to be stripped down cleaned,sanitized and re assembled before each use.
This is no big deal with sanitary or 3 piece valves others are a pain. Have tried to clean in place with perc and pink, stripped the valves and they still had crap taped inside.
Would love to have sanitary butterfly's but the for the cost, and would still be nervous with something i had not disassembled and visually checked. Only just gaining confidence in the valve on my Fermentasaurus.

I bought a co2 cylinder off these guys. Problem is no one on the east side of Melbourne will swap it.
Keg King won’t. Narre brew Supplies can’t so I’ve got to go to Grain n Grape which is a cut lunch away.

Pretty sure Home Make It in Clayton will swap any CO2 cylinder. They just check to make sure mine is in date when I swap it.

I bought a co2 cylinder off these guys. Problem is no one on the east side of Melbourne will swap it.
Keg King won’t. Narre brew Supplies can’t so I’ve got to go to Grain n Grape which is a cut lunch away.

Pretty sure Home Make It in Clayton will swap any CO2 cylinder. They just check to make sure mine is in date when I swap it.

You can also go to:

the Water People
22 High St, Glen Iris VIC 3146
+61 3 9885 0222

Selby's Safety Equpment services
8 Wigan Rd, Bayswater VIC 3153
+61 3 9762 6999

the local brewhouse
24/17-23 Keppel Dr, Hallam VIC 3803
+61 3 9796 5003

So you have serveral optoins in the south east now and also we have about 2-3 new retailers commin online every week

I'm kind of surprised that Grain and Grape refill or swap these bottles considering that they sell the 6.8kg (empty) MyKegOnLegs bottle for near on $300, compared to KegLand's $99 for the full 6kg bottle. That's quite a saving.

Anyone know if it's swap and go or do they refill it?

I'm kind of surprised that Grain and Grape refill or swap these bottles considering that they sell the 6.8kg (empty) MyKegOnLegs bottle for near on $300, compared to KegLand's $99 for the full 6kg bottle. That's quite a saving.

Anyone know if it's swap and go or do they refill it?
Swap and go - take the kl sticker off

My original robo brew just died. Can you get replacement electrical boards.

Yeah we do supply the replacement boards.

If it's a Gen 3 unit you can simply fill out a warranty claim form here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/contacts?t=wnadr/

That will get the ball rolling.

We can send out a board but we can also bring the unit back to us for repairs if required.

If it's an older Gen 2 unit then you will have to go to the "other mob" and they may or may not have stock. If you really get stuck send us an email at [email protected]

any chance you will be getting the bigger mag drive pumps in ... like these? https://www.keg-king.com.au/mkii-magnetic-drive-pump-65w.html.html

Yes we will be getting these pumps later on this year. I should say that these pumps are probably too big for most home brewers. What size brewery do you have. I think once you get to 150L brewery and above this size pump is good but if you have a brewery smaller than 150L then I would just go with one of these:
https://www.kegland.com.au/mkii-high-temperature-magnetic-drive-pump-1-1-amp.html

Also you will find a lot more fittings will be adaptable to the 1/2inch thread with these pumps rather than the 3/4 inch on the larger pumps.

What size brewery do you have?

Yes we will be getting these pumps later on this year. I should say that these pumps are probably too big for most home brewers. What size brewery do you have. I think once you get to 150L brewery and above this size pump is good but if you have a brewery smaller than 150L then I would just go with one of these:
https://www.kegland.com.au/mkii-high-temperature-magnetic-drive-pump-1-1-amp.html

Also you will find a lot more fittings will be adaptable to the 1/2inch thread with these pumps rather than the 3/4 inch on the larger pumps.

What size brewery do you have?

200L kettle, normally brew 120L batches. currently running a march 809 which is doable but a bit slow to recirc through 8m of chiller.

200L kettle, normally brew 120L batches. currently running a march 809 which is doable but a bit slow to recirc through 8m of chiller.

Yes I see. That is getting into the size where the larger pump might be a good idea.

what is your false bottom made of? If your false bottom is not strong enough you can also collapse the false bottom as the larger pumps can develop a reasonable level of suction. That is one other thing to be aware of.

Yes I see. That is getting into the size where the larger pump might be a good idea.

what is your false bottom made of? If your false bottom is not strong enough you can also collapse the false bottom as the larger pumps can develop a reasonable level of suction. That is one other thing to be aware of.

It's a malt pipe made from a 100L aluminium pot with holes drilled out and some 300 micron stainless mesh covering the holes. it holds a 25kg grain bill after soaking and winching out... so it should be sweet with the suction.

I'll keep an eye out for when they arrive!

cheers

Back