KegKing Spundy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will2233

Reaction score
G'day,
I recently brought 2 Spundy's, Keg King spunding valves.
Neither of them will actually lock onto the gas posts.
They lock onto the post if I back the post off a bit on the thread or put them on without a poppet.
Has any one else had a problem?
William

G'day,
They lock onto the post if I back the post off a bit on the thread or put them on without a poppet.
William
No. Work perfectly for me.

G'day,
William
Try manually pressing down the locking collar on the Spundie once you've got it pushed onto the post

It helps to have the black screw cap all the way to the end and not close to the shaft.

I emailed them this issue also and their response was to lube the post, after a bit of fiddling I got this to work

I couldn't get them onto my chubby fermenters until I swapped the post O rings. I think the ones that came on them were too fat. Other stuff was also difficult (but possible) to get on.

So maybe try swapping the o-rings if you have spares.

Thank you every one for your replies.
I can only get one to seat on my kegs and fermenters.
I brought the Spundies from Hoppy Days Brewing supplies and I can not fault their help and communication over this issue.
I have measured the depth of the Spundy and other gas quick disconnects and have found a difference of at least a millimetre.
Please see attached photos, I think the difference stops the Spundy from seating on the posts.
William

Attachments

• NonSpundy.jpg
    NonSpundy.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Spundy.jpg
    Spundy.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back