KegKing now at keg-king.com.au

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here is what I heard....

LHBS guy that has been dealing with KK and in particular Kee for a long time told me this little snippet.

Kee was one of the directors of KK. He was applying for home loan/refinancing his mortgage.

Apparently it was easier/better to get his home loan approved by the banks if he was not a director of the company. So he removed himself as director temporarily to get home loan.

Once his loan was sorted and he went back to other owners to reinstate as a director they would not let him be a director.

So if this is true (just relaying a story I heard from a guy who knows a guy) I reckon it's fairly reasonable for Kee to be a bit peeved about effectively getting booted out of the business he was a key playerin, both as the face of and doing some of the design I believe and to go hard setting up a rival business.

What I will post is the same question, hopefully without anyone else replying. Doesn't have to be as Keg Land, Oliver can post as Crimson Brewer or Crimson Cadaver or any one of the other names being used. And its nothing to do with Trade mark disputes with Keg King
Sponsor SFC, Keg King have tried to get sponsorship on AHB a couple of times without reply.

LHBS guy that has been dealing with KK and in particular Kee for a long time told me this little snippet.

Kee was one of the directors of KK. He was applying for home loan/refinancing his mortgage.

Apparently it was easier/better to get his home loan approved by the banks if he was not a director of the company. So he removed himself as director temporarily to get home loan.

Once his loan was sorted and he went back to other owners to reinstate as a director they would not let him be a director.

So if this is true (just relaying a story I heard from a guy who knows a guy) I reckon it's fairly reasonable for Kee to be a bit peeved about effectively getting booted out of the business he was a key playerin, both as the face of and doing some of the design I believe and to go hard setting up a rival business.

Anyone who has developed stuff as an employee would know that whatever you develop belongs to the employer (except if you are a consultant/ contractor - they seem to be different). So the video’s, manuals etc would belong to KK! However as they are a bit dated and for obvious optics reasons, I personally would take them down.
The whole hardware ( who owns what saga) really sits with the supplier/ manufacturer- if KL has an exclusive distribution agreement and the suppliers are disregarding it well they should find a new supplier!
But it seems like the Chinese don’t treat IP like the west do and in fact happy to “borrow”designs, ideas etc off each other. The mini kegs are a classic example!
Finally for a long time now i’ve really wondered who is really who in the zoo! Seems like a few “people” on here have more than a passing interest in the goings on of two of the biggest players in this market!
I wonder if the management at KK are kicking themselves for letting those guys go without a non-compete clause ;)
Cheers

It's good to recap every 20 or so pages of thread....
I have been a customer of KK in the past, but I need my Intertaps serviced with o-rings every so often and the new fermentasaurus looks pretty dope, if it ever drops. The only thing I have heard from KK in the last 12 months or so was in the tittle of this very thread.

Do you have a point to make? Or just reposting others posts for no apparent reason.
My point was quite simple - KK own the videos which someone else made comment on. I thought the point was obvious.
Sorry didn’t know it was a no comment zone!

My point was quite simple - KK own the videos which someone else made comment on. I thought the point was obvious.
Sorry didn’t know it was a no comment zone!
I don't think he was directing that at you mate. It's this Em Tubby guy who writes a lot like Beir Hearder and is a similar grade of irrelevant

Last edited:
I don't think he was directing that at you mate. It's this Em Tubby guy who writes a lot like Beir Hearder and is a similar grade of irrelevant
Hurting my feelings now when I was just following in your footsteps. What have I done to deserve this?

I actually met Kee a number of times and I suspect rumours such as this blaming him for the troubles are extremely unfair. I suspect he struck the classic problem of being a talented engineer with a small company that had written a rather unfair contract, so they owned the rights to everything he did.

He is almost certainly not the person who instigated the break up of the company and that was obviously engineered long before he realised he was being screwed - someone cleverly "stole" the trademarks for most of their products in preparation for forming their own business. Kee was not in the position and I do not of the personality type to do this. I suspect he is still a nice guy, I just hope he isn't being screwed by Keg Land now.

I actually met Kee a number of times and I suspect rumours such as this blaming him for the troubles are extremely unfair. I suspect he struck the classic problem of being a talented engineer with a small company that had written a rather unfair contract, so they owned the rights to everything he did.

He is almost certainly not the person who instigated the break up of the company and that was obviously engineered long before he realised he was being screwed - someone cleverly "stole" the trademarks for most of their products in preparation for forming their own business. Kee was not in the position and I do not of the personality type to do this. I suspect he is still a nice guy, I just hope he isn't being screwed by Keg Land now.
Yes I have spoken to him a few times on the phone (RPV & other matters) & found him to be friendly & professional. As for the rest, I think the truth is somewhere in between & personally don’t care - as long as they don’t sell dodgy stuff.
Their service is fast, like I said previously I tend to buy stuff from all over - my local guys don’t do grain or hardware & I can’t always get to Toormina, so mail order is important to me! As for the videos, sorry didn’t notice they were gone.
And I apologise for my previous terse response!
Cheers

Yes I have spoken to him a few times on the phone (RPV & other matters) & found him to be friendly & professional. As for the rest, I think the truth is somewhere in between & personally don’t care - as long as they don’t sell dodgy stuff.
Their service is fast, like I said previously I tend to buy stuff from all over - my local guys don’t do grain or hardware & I can’t always get to Toormina, so mail order is important to me! As for the videos, sorry didn’t notice they were gone.
And I apologise for my previous terse response!
Cheers

That's the first laugh for the year. :bigcheers:

Interesting why the need to go from director to employee to get a loan, one would have to show tax returns to get a loan whether a director or an employee.
The other 2 flaws in the story is, as I said earlier Keg Land was set up at the beginning of 2017, the other flaw Kee was given the Tijuana while a director near the end of 2017.

Just avoid them both or use them both. Easy solution. Let the courts decide. Anything else is speculation.

Even better, support your local home brew shop. The blokes you see in person, rather than take sides with people who most of us have never met in real life. It's like a WA brewer who's never been to NHB and CB, getting involved in a legal stoush between them over whose curly hosed picnic tap is better.

Given that most noise on this forum is about this issue, one wonders whether where the relevancy starts.

Even better, support your local home brew shop. The blokes you see in person, rather than take sides with people who most of us have never met in real life. It's like a WA brewer who's never been to NHB and CB, getting involved in a legal stoush between them over whose curly hosed picnic tap is better.
Sorry, but no chance. I love getting yeast and hops from Brewman. Just ordered some imperial yeast from a new joint, Hopworks in Adelaide. Before that was National Home Brew, or Cheaky Peak. Not to mention husky's own project hops, or clever brewing. The internet has been around for a long bloody time now and turns out, it's pretty damn useful.

As much as I like them and shop at them, I don't want to have to get everything from keg land or keg king just because they're around the corner. They don't even sell what I'm after most of the time...

And I'm done with grape and grain, which is not far from where I work. They charge out the ass and don't measure their hops properly - so they're only for something urgent. (But it is nice drinking a beer while shopping...)

And while I'm at it, the other lhbs for me, liquorcraft or beercraft or whatever it is, are hopeless too. My experience with the people who work there is that they are as useless as tits on a bull, and their selection is absolutely terrible.

I don't think it's worthwhile buying from these guys just because I can see their face when I talk to them - I get better service from Steve Brewman anyway.

Last edited:
Fair call @laxation . This was more an observation on not behaving like an imbecile over shops online, people we've never met and speculating on it. Though can see your point that it comes across like a "shop local, don't use the internet" rant - even if unintended.

I order from Hoppy Days (my LHBS), Craftbrewer, and then NHB, Cheakypeak, Brewman and I will from Hopworks too (used to from Yob's Dealz, when he was around). Those Imperial Yeasts look the goods. I also avoid useless LHBS (there's one literally next door to work that deals more with our spiritual friends) and about three between here and home. I used to drive past several to get to HD, but since I moved to the next suburb over, I get the best of all worlds.

Latest posts

Back