KegKing now at keg-king.com.au

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kee is now working with KegLand and he is no longer working at Keg King. As of last week Kee will be running product development at KegLand.
Why would you purchase an ebay account?

If it's just for having good reviews already, that just seems pretty dodgy...

Really funny I bought a kegland stickered fridge (kegerator version 4) with kegking tap dress strip. Apart from a few dints it's identicle and should be a good unit.

Still waiting on my kegerator. Fridge is here just need the Ss intertaps to show up

Why would you purchase an ebay account?

If it's just for having good reviews already, that just seems pretty dodgy...

Although it does seem like a dodgy way to get an instant rating, i guess there is one other reason to do it, ebay only lets new business accounts list a limited number of items (10 or 12 to start with i think) until they have built up history.

I had a look at Kegland and their prices are good... not sure they are trying to smash the opposition :) maybe worth looking at..

Stock hanging around in a warehouse doesn't pay wages and out goings, or legal fees for that matter.
Jeez I wouldn't want my house to be on the line in a legal stoush.

Dan,
I'm sure you may feel my previous post in this thread are a little one sided and that perhaps I have some affiliation with other parties, I can, and the moderators here can (if you choose to use the Personal message feature of this site{apparently not very often]) assure you of my impartiality. My only interest is the on going support and supply of quality and innovative products to myself and my fellow home brewers, many of whom on occasion participate in group/bulk buys run on this site.

Our users are also well aware of how much an issue within your business, can effect HB hardware supply across the country and I'm sure would agree your management's attempts to down play or hush "Rumours" have only served to further undermine the tenuous position the company placed itself in when in sacked the guy that owned the web site and the trade Mark ( that your currently still using by the way{which is technically stealing}) with out rhyme nor reason or perhaps Jure (and to this or any other employee I wish no malice) was truly along with the new staff additions, so much more qualified than the guy who built the business and some of it's longest serving employees.

Your issue is this: Kee could be an arsehole stealing ****, but when shit went down and changes in circumstances required (maybe) the changes that have taken placed, business management decided the biggest asset to the company should be treated like mushrooms.

Fortunately even the lowliest educated of us here know what honesty is, there are users here that move your entire annual turn over, through client accounts in a day.Others that slog their asses off 6 and 7 days a week just to keep a float, the $10 or $20 for kit they scrape together maybe the only beer they see.

KEG-KING.com.au your low stock won't sink you, or even if you don't have quality assurance warehouses in China anymore, we are home brewers, the community has an instinctual sense of right and wrong. You basically shot the Aussie JFK of home brewing, or want us to believe Skippy was just another kangaroo.
None of this happened yesterday whether you like it or not your customers deserve to be appraise of the changes that have taken place, none are imbecilic enough to believe failure to do so is accidental. The only reason to deliberately hide this is to ride the shiny coat tails of the Man the new management just plundered. I have seen entire hotel chains taken over/absorbed by other hotels/new businesses over night; smooth as butter milk (those in Perth drop by the Inglewood and say hi to Rollie for me, hell get the bloke a beer).
Cluster **** is what comes to mind!
You need the community's support.
The community needs your honesty.
To date you've lie by omission and booted a trusted member of the community.
The 12 (? correct me) HBers that are now former employees probably doesn't sit well with this crowd either.

I'll move more than $40k of equipment/product with this community in the next 6mths, not to make money but to invigorate the market, to give the guys a bulk rate on a quality product.

WHY AM I GOING TO SPEND THAT WITH YOU?

SHOOT ME DOWN!
The silence is what will kill this business, it's deafening! (If that is by court order, I can only point to the cluster **** this change over has been from the start)
Dan,
I'm sure you may feel my previous post in this thread are a little one sided and that perhaps I have some affiliation with other parties, I can, and the moderators here can (if you choose to use the Personal message feature of this site{apparently not very often]) assure you of my impartiality. My only interest is the on going support and supply of quality and innovative products to myself and my fellow home brewers, many of whom on occasion participate in group/bulk buys run on this site.

Our users are also well aware of how much an issue within your business, can effect HB hardware supply across the country and I'm sure would agree your management's attempts to down play or hush "Rumours" have only served to further undermine the tenuous position the company placed itself in when in sacked the guy that owned the web site and the trade Mark ( that your currently still using by the way{which is technically stealing}) with out rhyme nor reason or perhaps Jure (and to this or any other employee I wish no malice) was truly along with the new staff additions, so much more qualified than the guy who built the business and some of it's longest serving employees.

Your issue is this: Kee could be an arsehole stealing ****, but when shit went down and changes in circumstances required (maybe) the changes that have taken placed, business management decided the biggest asset to the company should be treated like mushrooms.

Fortunately even the lowliest educated of us here know what honesty is, there are users here that move your entire annual turn over, through client accounts in a day.Others that slog their asses off 6 and 7 days a week just to keep a float, the $10 or $20 for kit they scrape together maybe the only beer they see.

KEG-KING.com.au your low stock won't sink you, or even if you don't have quality assurance warehouses in China anymore, we are home brewers, the community has an instinctual sense of right and wrong. You basically shot the Aussie JFK of home brewing, or want us to believe Skippy was just another kangaroo.
None of this happened yesterday whether you like it or not your customers deserve to be appraise of the changes that have taken place, none are imbecilic enough to believe failure to do so is accidental. The only reason to deliberately hide this is to ride the shiny coat tails of the Man the new management just plundered. I have seen entire hotel chains taken over/absorbed by other hotels/new businesses over night; smooth as butter milk (those in Perth drop by the Inglewood and say hi to Rollie for me, hell get the bloke a beer).
Cluster **** is what comes to mind!
You need the community's support.
The community needs your honesty.
To date you've lie by omission and booted a trusted member of the community.
The 12 (? correct me) HBers that are now former employees probably doesn't sit well with this crowd either.

I'll move more than $40k of equipment/product with this community in the next 6mths, not to make money but to invigorate the market, to give the guys a bulk rate on a quality product.

WHY AM I GOING TO SPEND THAT WITH YOU?

SHOOT ME DOWN!
The silence is what will kill this business, it's deafening! (If that is by court order, I can only point to the cluster **** this change over has been from the start)
You do know that Kee is only half skippy don‘t you?

Your comment is blatantly offensive, UnAustralian, and discriminatory in nature. Maybe you should express these types of views elsewhere and not a community as inclusive as home brewers.
He obviously isn't Australian - can't spell in Australian or German, doesn't realise that most of us are immigrants or descended from immigrants, the rest are Aborigines (which a bigot from Warrnambool won't like.)

Hi All,

I think honesty is the best course of action here..
Keg-King do not have the rights to sell Intertap Taps, that is something only we at KegLand Distribution Pty Ltd. have the rights to in Australia.
We will be distributing and upgrading all Intertap Taps in-house.

I can guarantee that they will try and copy the Intertap taps. If they sell them under the brand Intertap this would be in breach of trademark. MCH Australia/Keg King have also tried to now trademark another brand which I can see on IP Australia which is Ultratap so my guess is that the also might be trying to bring out a copy of the Intertap Tap under a new name Ultratap.

The issue is that the management at Keg King now have no experience in Home Brewing. The management is made up of 3 people who have never even brewed a batch of beer before. They simply want to do anything that can to make money and they dont really care about the hobby or the industry.

Also Keg King/MCH Australia have no electrical approvals for this model of fridge. To be frank it's the same model that we sell but they do not have relevant electrical approvals.

Oliver
10 months down the track, I wonder if the above comments carry any relevance today.;)

Maybe, maybe not. But their racist comments are still relevant. I'll pass thanks.

10 months down the track, I wonder if the above comments carry any relevance today.;)

Their opening comment set the tone...

Ironically, Keg King have come out with a better tap... As to approvals, thanks to the CE and ISO9001 scams you don't need to get electrical approvals to sell products in Australia any more, and if they are the same fridges then they will be the same electrically.

I don't know all of what went down and I'll keep my suspicions to myself, but I think Keg King were smarter in not bagging Kegland - if you start slinging shit you will end up smelling like it...

Brumby are the best because they have the least tortuous path, but trying to keep them clean in a home setup is a nightmare. The intertap puts the shuttle inside where it can't get stuck or infected, but it interferes with the path of the beer and produces more foam. The Ultratap has a larger, smoother path, so it flows better. The reverse is flow control taps, where the extra tortuous path means you need extremely low flow rates to avoid a glass of foam.

There you go - sorted. :-D

Oh, I'd forgotten that one! With someone showing side by side comparisons but claiming the intertap is the ultratap and vice-versa, then accusing others of having a bias.

I still say Brumbies are better, just a pain to keep clean in a home brew application.

Back