KegKing now at keg-king.com.au

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The brewing mob is shaking the fences, banging the windows and side of the building yelling.
"Whats Going On"!!!!!

sorry...

As for the rumour of "manufacturing has been shut down in China for air quality reasons", that was temporary for the pow wow the CCP had almost 2 months ago.

I can vouch for the fact that everything is back roaring. Taobao is full of stocked vendors and just had the double 12 sale.

I call spin too.

Dam! Thats why I cant get any FC Intertaps.
Keep the taps you have, and put one of these in line?

upload_2017-12-15_22-27-13.png

I tried ordering a keg king reg last month from another supplier but it got lost in mail and they couldn't get a replacement, had to give me a credit.
That was the second supplier told me they've had drama getting them.

I'd bet my ball sack the "China Air/supply" problem is really a money supply problem.

After months of convincing a mate to start brewing and slowly getting him to embrace full 25 litre batches, he decides to get himself a Robobrew yesterday... and of course there weren't any available, now he's asking me a tonne of questions about the Grainfather!

After months of convincing a mate to start brewing and slowly getting him to embrace full 25 litre batches, he decides to get himself a Robobrew yesterday... and of course there weren't any available, now he's asking me a tonne of questions about the Grainfather!

Should have brought him to brew club on Wednesday. Next meeting is 10th Jan. If he has not bought anything by then (or even if he has), we'll have Grainfather, Robobrew and Braumeister owners that can answer questions and compare experiences. I think there may also be some BIAB and 3V brewers too.

I'm still of the opinion that a Robobrew is the best value for money. I also think that it is easier to use and clean than a Grainfather. However, at this stage I would probably delay a purchase until the Keg King dust settles.

I'd bet my ball sack the "China Air/supply" problem is really a money supply problem.

You keep your ball sack. If I walk outside my front door and take a photo of a non windy day, you'll see the air quality is still crap.

The other thing to ask, if so much stuff bought in Oz is Chinese made, why haven't the supply problems hit other products?

I can go for a trip on the train and assure you that the manufacturing plants are still belching out pollution in vast quantities. Whilst wearing my face mask of course.

Yep, the air quality measurements are "special" in China, different calibrations to the rest of the world. We had an air purifier, face masks, etc. Didn't make much difference.
If anyone's under the illusion that air quality or production restrictions in China out rank production and essentially $$'s, they're either being bullshitted to by the supplier, or using it as a poor excuse.

What name do I search under to find those?
I buy them from Bracton, but you can get them from most suppliers that sell John Guest fittings.
I was chatting to a member offline yesterday, and from memory they are around $32 each.
Search John Guest flow restrictor.
I believe SMC Also make them, but I have never used theirs.

EDIT: I didn't see DJ's post, sorry!

".....and our inability to meet your orders is a function of Chinese government policy of “ Blue Sky” , where production factories were effectively closed for the month of October 2017.To complicate the matter more, the factories schedule production maintenance immediately after the end of blue sky for the first 2 weeks in November.
Stock has been ordered, and we currently have no idea of delivery dates to Melbourne before the 1st week in December, where the factories will advise of the production completed in November.."

Good old Blue Sky

Latest posts

Back