KegKing now at keg-king.com.au

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is mtb still here? Love that bloke, would love to know who he is on here.

Does awesome sours!!
I think we all know he is still among'st us, never had much to offer in brewing techniques but is it good to think he is preferring to be here than over there.

Quality vs quantity. Since when was member count indicative of anything?

I think membercount is indicitive of the popularity.
Popularity, sure. The other side has ~25% the active members that this one has.
The other side's also been around for a little over a year and this one's been around since forever. Luckily it holds good (old) content or people wouldn't bother.

Those tides will turn in time

Popularity, sure. The other side has ~25% the active members that this one has.
The other side's also been around for a little over a year and this one's been around since forever. Luckily it holds good (old) content or people wouldn't bother.

Those tides will turn in time
As I asked before, why become members of a site which you seem to hate, access to old threads are freely available to non members. Is that question to difficult?

Me too. I binned both of them as potential suppliers and decided to buy a new home fridge and convert our old one and purchased Perlicks from Craftbrewer. Trust is important especially in things food grade.

I think the issue here is by the time you get rid of non-contributing lurkers, people poking the hornet's nest, KKvKL baiting and members who haven't been here for years mysteriously showing up and bumping necro threads, there is very little actual activity on this forum.

Most of the useful information here is legacy information, and the members that contributed all that knowledge are no longer here, not by choice.

The members who did contribute all that are somewhere else, continuing to contribute to useful information, not engage in endless debates. I'd rather have 5 members online contributing useful information (in around having an actual job) than 100 lurkers and stirrers contributing nowt. If I want to read about pressure fermenting, water chemistry, biofine, kettle souring - I'll either look at the thread here, then go there and ask the member who wrote it/contributed the most useful info to it over there. Or if there is nowt on it here, skip step 1.

The whisper I heard seems to have been on the money, I heard from a source in the other camp that the name of the Fermentasaurus 2 had been dropped in favour of FermZilla. So maybe sanity has prevailed and the trade mark dispute is in respite.

..or they just realised that Fermentasaurus is a long and cumbersome name, and FermZilla matches their BrewZilla..
In lieu of super secret sounding "sources" one could also check their website where the name has been changed.

Proof of the patent issue would be a change on this page wouldn't it? Everything else remains as speculation. I think you know that WEAL.

Last edited:
popcorn.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back