KegKing now at keg-king.com.au

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have actually bought two 'intertaps' off Aliexpress and they where named just that (work perfect too), hence is 'intertap' actually a trade name or just a type of design?

Oliver was saying that KK are trying to get copies of the intertap and he will come down on them if they name them intertap there is nothing to stop KK bringing them in and calling them outertap. As you know with the Guten it goes under many different names but all exactly the same. Have just been looking on Alibaba and Aliexpress myself heaps of similar taps.

Mate, you can get them right now from 3rd party sellers who still have stock...
I got one on ebay just before xmas - a gold plated SS FC that was the same price as most are flogging the plain SS FC
I have already paid for it, as I ordered other items as well. Got a call from them saying that they were out of stock, even though the website still had them in. Was offered the gold plated. I asked if it was SS and they said it was just gold plated brass. I wanted to keep all SS the same as my other 3 taps.

I have already paid for it, as I ordered other items as well. Got a call from them saying that they were out of stock, even though the website still had them in. Was offered the gold plated. I asked if it was SS and they said it was just gold plated brass. I wanted to keep all SS the same as my other 3 taps.

That doesn't sound right....
I don't want to say that KegKing don't seem to know their own products, but according to Intertap's own product specs, it is an SS core with gold plating. The only mention anywhere on the page of the use of brass is in the locking collars around the top of one of the other taps

I messaged them on the weekend they told me two weeks until there shipment comes in so hopefully then. I'm waiting on 3 ss taps for my kegerator I bought at the lhb shop I don't care where they come from as long as I get them hahaha

Sorry not brass, meant chrome.
You were right the first time Mattyh they are brass with chrome plating, asked about the taps today there are legal issues but nothing to be concerned about. Keg King are moving forward at a considerable rate the warehouse is getting filled rapidly.
Just like to stress I have no affiliation with Keg King just a customer who has always been treated right.

Sorry not brass, meant chrome.
You were right the first time Mattyh they are brass with chrome plating, asked about the taps today there are legal issues but nothing to be concerned about. Keg King are moving forward at a considerable rate the warehouse is getting filled rapidly.
Just like to stress I have no affiliation with Keg King just a customer who has always been treated right.

Isn't it just the basic budget intertap that is chrome plated? We're talking about the FC taps here.
The FCs are all supposed to be SS except for a bit of plated chrome on the two top collar parts at the bottom of the tap handle. Especially the gold plated one.

Unless Intertap are deliberately being misleading/lying on their own website, all parts that touch the beer in the FC taps are SS

Well I was misled by Keg King then as I would have taken the gold plated one as it was in stock, and they weren't even going to charge me the extra.

Anyone got stuff from their ebay, pretty heavy stance on the feedback. (forget all the bad spelling on their message, lol)

------------------------------------
Hello Kev,

Thanks for purchasing the item numer:xxxxxxxxx.

Our feedback is set to mirror our customers feedback. So if you give us positive feedback my account will automatically give you postive feedback whithin 5 min. If you give negative it will mirror that.

If you have any enquiries, please feel free to email me. I check my email from Mon-Friday.

Regard,

Donald

Anyone got stuff from their ebay, pretty heavy stance on the feedback. (forget all the bad spelling on their message, lol)

Hello Kev,

Our feedback is set to mirror our customers feedback. So if you give us positive feedback my account will automatically give you postive feedback whithin 5 min. If you give negative it will mirror that.

If you have any enquiries, please feel free to email me. I check my email from Mon-Friday.

Regard,

Donald
Who are we talking about here Kev KK or KL?

Hello Kev,

Regard,

Donald
I've never used eBay but surely that would be against the rules?

Hello Kev,

Regard,

Donald

So their customer feedback is loosely based on lex talionis / revenge principle.
What a load of ******* shit.

Probably worth referring that to Ebay.

As an organisation, Ebay is very heavily buyer focussed (natch), they would probably be interested in something that explicitly threatens the utility of the feedback mechanism.

That sort of feedback con happens all the time on ebay, has done for years. I actually used to think it was standard practice.

Back