KegKing now at keg-king.com.au

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's very sad to say but Kee no longer works at Keg King. More than half the full time staff have left Keg King now. I have doubts that Keg King will ever be the same again.

What I can say is that we have loads of Kegerators coming. I think our site www.kegland.com.au should be finished and live within the next week. If you want to purchase before the website is up and running you can always just send us an email at [email protected]

When you send us a requsted please tell us what you want, your address and phone number all at the same time. We can either call you back to make credit card payment over the phone or you can do an EFT.

We only have Intertap taps packed with the fridges at this stage. We do have more Brass Intertap taps available soon. The stainless flow control and standard stainless ones are still at least 6 weeks away so I am sorry to say it's a bit of a wait.
How about wholesale orders ? What is the affect of all this on home brew shops trying to get stock?

How about wholesale orders ? What is the affect of all this on home brew shops trying to get stock?

With regarsd to wholesale orders we will have a link at the bottom of our site once its finished at www.kegland.com.au then if you go to the bottom it will say register for wholesale account. This however doesnt go live for a few more days.

In the meantime you can go to this google doc and register for wholesale:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc3Wr1kDyin-pYpVx6x_Vkn4Uh_lVHGkFAr7thN2KaWCHkK4Q/viewform

We will then send you a price list.

Can i also state that the you will not get approved for a wholsale account unless you have a bricks and mortar retail store or a significant online precence, or you are a brewery, or you have another business related to the beverage industry such as installer, wine maker etc. If you are just a general member of the public who had an ABN please DO NOT apply as you are wasting your time and the application will be rejected.

where will you guys be located?

At this stage we are opperating using 3rd party logistics distribution warehouse and they have mutiple locations. As we are in the business of shipping large bulky items this is the most efficient at this stage for us.

With that said we would like to have our own retail shop front and warehouse at some stage but we dont know where that is going to be.

Just a note on etiquette, I'm not a retailer, haven't been for a couple of years now.
But there has since not long after advertising was permitted on AHB, been a tacit understanding that retailers stay the **** out of other peoples threads, or even threads about other retailers.
You will find that retailers are the favourite targets (well maybe the new owners, moderators... come close) for a bunch of pretty harsh critics.
Keg king is having some problems at present, it isn't cool to jump in and try to snipe customers.
Good luck with your venture, retailing home brew is a bloody hard way to make a living. The more good retailers out there doing their best the better, if you are doing a good job your customers will do your advertising for you - and if they aren't happy everyone will know that to.
Mark

With regarsd to wholesale orders we will have a link at the bottom of our site once its finished at www.kegland.com.au then if you go to the bottom it will say register for wholesale account. This however doesnt go live for a few more days.

In the meantime you can go to this google doc and register for wholesale:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc3Wr1kDyin-pYpVx6x_Vkn4Uh_lVHGkFAr7thN2KaWCHkK4Q/viewform

We will then send you a price list.

Can i also state that the you will not get approved for a wholsale account unless you have a bricks and mortar retail store or a significant online precence, or you are a brewery, or you have another business related to the beverage industry such as installer, wine maker etc. If you are just a general member of the public who had an ABN please DO NOT apply as you are wasting your time and the application will be rejected.

I reckon companies should chose to be wholesalers or retailers, not both.
If not, at least make it worthwhile for wholesale customers by not selling to the public for virtually the same price.....

I reckon companies should chose to be wholesalers or retailers, not both.
If not, at least make it worthwhile for wholesale customers by not selling to the public for virtually the same price.....
Plenty of companies do do both, icing on the cake getting a retail price for something your wholesaling, and I would say Keg King has done it well, never heard of them undercutting their wholesale customers.
Would have to be either mad or both to upset the wholesale customers, would be dropped like a hot potato.

Plenty of companies do do both, icing on the cake getting a retail price for something your wholesaling, and I would say Keg King has done it well, never heard of them undercutting their wholesale customers.
Would have to be either mad or both to upset the wholesale customers, would be dropped like a hot potato.
Agree.
KK did it well.

Their retail incentive was cash discount

So buy something for $150 with free delivery from the website or sell to a wholesale customer for $120 but charge postage of nearly the difference.

Do it well you reckon?

I have spoken to 2 retailers and they are not happy at not receiving stock, I would imagine ikegger would not be to happy either, most of his stuff comes from KK.
Keg King or MCH need the retailers to wholesale to, often ikegger has things cheaper than what KK are selling them for.

I haven't been to KK since they closed down before Christmas, but my experience against comments on this thread lead me to be a bit sceptical and I will wait, watch, and probably not comment until facts are known.

We are setting up wholesale interface at the moment so retailers can also order wholesale off the www.kegland.com.au website.

We are very quickly increasing the amount of stock that we have on offer. If you go to our website www.kegland.com.au then go right down to the bottom then click on setup wholesale account this is the best way to get the ball rolling for wholesale pricing.

We do not approve wholesale accounts to anyone with an ABN so you need to have a bricks and mortar retail store, a brewery, winery or some other related business in the industry.

I haven't been to KK since they closed down before Christmas, but my experience against comments on this thread lead me to be a bit sceptical and I will wait, watch, and probably not comment until facts are known.
Got a forty foot container of kegerators in today, seems things are getting back to normal, still a bit short on some stock, and with Chinese New Year coming up in just over a week doesn't help things.

Hi All,

I think honesty is the best course of action here..
Keg-King do not have the rights to sell Intertap Taps, that is something only we at KegLand Distribution Pty Ltd. have the rights to in Australia.
We will be distributing and upgrading all Intertap Taps in-house.

I can guarantee that they will try and copy the Intertap taps. If they sell them under the brand Intertap this would be in breach of trademark. MCH Australia/Keg King have also tried to now trademark another brand which I can see on IP Australia which is Ultratap so my guess is that the also might be trying to bring out a copy of the Intertap Tap under a new name Ultratap.

The issue is that the management at Keg King now have no experience in Home Brewing. The management is made up of 3 people who have never even brewed a batch of beer before. They simply want to do anything that can to make money and they dont really care about the hobby or the industry.

Also Keg King/MCH Australia have no electrical approvals for this model of fridge. To be frank it's the same model that we sell but they do not have relevant electrical approvals.

Oliver

I think if you spent more time concentrating on what you are doing as opposed to your opposition then you may go places. Running down the opposition doesn't score points. I don't see Keg King throwing any shit your way.

You would be surprised at the things KegKing are throwing out there. It is important we stick to the facts.

I want people who care about the situation to know exactly who they're buying from and what has changed at my former place of work "KegKing"

Oliver

Latest posts

Back