KegKing now at keg-king.com.au

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if it's him or someone just taking advantage of the confusion?

Commented on my post about kegerator couples of weeks ago. Said they will soon stock series 4 kegerators then deleted the post shortly after

109 bucks for a 2.6kg CO2 bottle full, that's seriously cheap, maybe doing a loss leader to get people on side

It seems that Kegland is trying to be the new kid in town, but in my opinion, the name Kegland sounds a bit cheap.

Kegking sounds cheap too and from my experience and others, quite a bit of their product is/was pretty much cheap shit knock off stuff.

I stopped buying off them a long time ago, so things may have changed in recent times.

Pretty sure most brewers are after quality at a reasonable price, not shit that seems like a bargain, but fails because it's basically junk.

caveat emptor

It seems that Kegland is trying to be the new kid in town, but in my opinion, the name Kegland sounds a bit cheap.

Kegking sounds cheap too and from my experience and others, quite a bit of their product is/was pretty much cheap shit knock off stuff.

I stopped buying off them a long time ago, so things may have changed in recent times.

Pretty sure most brewers are after quality at a reasonable price, not shit that seems like a bargain, but fails because it's basically junk.

caveat emptor
In my experience most want dirt cheap, race to the bottom. If it were a female targeted hobby the opposite would happen.

domain kegking.com.au is currently registered to kee. It is likely he has control of that domain and all subdomains (http://kegland.kegking.com.au/). keg-king.com.au The subject of this thread, is registered to Maggie Hu. kegland.com.au is registered to KEGLAND DISTRIBUTION PTY LTD Looks like it was recently registered. Is the new kid the old kid?

In my experience most want dirt cheap, race to the bottom. If it were a female targeted hobby the opposite would happen.

When I started out I was after gear that was as cheap as possible, but you soon learn that it's false economy.

If it is Kee who's behind Kegland, he'd know his market, so good luck to him. Hopefully his quality control is sorted.

their kegerator seems cheap and looks basically the same...whats the catch.

for a 2 tap version $525 vs kegking $705 (with better variable taps)

I know some keg king stuff wasn't great like the elements, but the keg king cornys I've got are great and I haven't heard bad stuff about the intertaps, I've also grabbed malt, yeast and corny posts and seals at keg king when in the area in the past, so I am following this thread as it's a shop I'd like to use again, but if someone has been ripped off, shafted, embezzled or what ever I'd like to know that I'm supporting the good guys. So I won't be shopping at keg king/land/mart/world or whatever until I know more about what's gone on and where my money will end up.

Re Kegland, this was snapped from the a Robobrew fb page. Seems like Kee may have taken a few staff with him?
upload_2018-1-16_7-51-18.png

I know some keg king stuff wasn't great like the elements, but the keg king cornys I've got are great and I haven't heard bad stuff about the intertaps, I've also grabbed malt, yeast and corny posts and seals at keg king when in the area in the past, so I am following this thread as it's a shop I'd like to use again, but if someone has been ripped off, shafted, embezzled or what ever I'd like to know that I'm supporting the good guys. So I won't be shopping at keg king/land/mart/world or whatever until I know more about what's gone on and where my money will end up.

Hey Bridges,

Maggie Hu is the one of the shareholders at Keg King and she has been extremely unfair on how she has treated the founders of the business (Kee Doery and Ari Lou). They recently had a falling out and have left the company and 50% of the full time staff have already left Keg King as a result.

Anyway, Sam Lie (my boss) was the programmer and developer for Keg King and worked at Keg King for 10 years and never got paid as Maggie didn't want to pay him. I dont know what Maggie is doing but to get rid of the founders, treat the staff poorly enough that half of the full time staff leave, then to not pay the people who helped build the Keg King business is not my idea of how a good business should opperate.

So myself and some of the old Keg King staff have started www.kegland.com.au and we are determined to make it an even better business.

It's definitely Sad to see what has happened to Keg King but at the end of the day I have always believed that a business is not so much the brand but the people that make the brand. I dont think Maggie has worked that out yet.

I am happy to explain more of my own point of view of this situation but i am not sure that going into much detail on a forum is the best place to air these types of discussions. If you have any questions you can PM me.

Alan

Wonder if it's him or someone just taking advantage of the confusion?

Commented on my post about kegerator couples of weeks ago. Said they will soon stock series 4 kegerators then deleted the post shortly after

Yes sorry about that. The post was deleted as we were not a paid member of the forum. We later found out that if you want to make a comment on the forum as a retailer you have to pay $50 per month so we have upgraded our subscription now.

I do wonder if this is a good idea as I am sure there are a lot of very cash strapped ratilers that perhaps would have valuable information to add ot the forum but simply cant spare the $50 per month.

Yes sorry about that. The post was deleted as we were not a paid member of the forum. We later found out that if you want to make a comment on the forum as a retailer you have to pay $50 per month so we have upgraded our subscription now.

I do wonder if this is a good idea as I am sure there are a lot of very cash strapped ratilers that perhaps would have valuable information to add ot the forum but simply cant spare the $50 per month.
Will you be the new supplier for kegerators in Australia or is that still all through keg king/kee?

Waiting on a few ss intertaps to come to my local store so I can pick my kegerator up haha

How separate are the Fermentasaurus, Intertap, etc parts of the business to Keg King?

caveat emptor
It does sound like a name that a lot of thought hasn't gone into, more desperation, I would advise a bit more thought would have come up with a catchier name,. To late now it would have been registered, why does it sound cheap though, too many retailers using similar names?

Was going to reply to abyss but seems his input has been removed.

Last edited:
It was my initial reaction when I first saw the name. Can't say exactly why, maybe the colours as well. I always thought the name Keg King sounded cheap and as I posted previously, my experiences early on in my brewing days left a lasting impression.

It was my initial reaction when I first saw the name. Can't say exactly why, maybe the colours as well. I always thought the name Keg King sounded cheap and as I posted previously, my experiences early on in my brewing days left a lasting impression.
Give a dog a bad name..... Black Devil, not something very endearing.:)

Haha, that's a nickname I gave my poodle, Ruben, because he thinks he's a real badass, trying to beat up dogs 3-4 times his size. If he knew, I reckon he'd like it.

My other dog Gypsy, is my avatar, she ain't no Black Devil Dog.

Will you be the new supplier for kegerators in Australia or is that still all through keg king/kee?

Waiting on a few ss intertaps to come to my local store so I can pick my kegerator up haha

It's very sad to say but Kee no longer works at Keg King. More than half the full time staff have left Keg King now. I have doubts that Keg King will ever be the same again.

What I can say is that we have loads of Kegerators coming. I think our site www.kegland.com.au should be finished and live within the next week. If you want to purchase before the website is up and running you can always just send us an email at [email protected]

When you send us a requsted please tell us what you want, your address and phone number all at the same time. We can either call you back to make credit card payment over the phone or you can do an EFT.

We only have Intertap taps packed with the fridges at this stage. We do have more Brass Intertap taps available soon. The stainless flow control and standard stainless ones are still at least 6 weeks away so I am sorry to say it's a bit of a wait.

Back