Help Support Aussie Homebrewer by donating:

1. We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.
    Dismiss Notice

Keggle mod helps

Discussion in 'Gear and Equipment' started by Lukas, 29/11/18.

1. Lukas

Posted 29/11/18
    Hi everyone,
    I acquired a keg modified with welded tap, thermometer and 1200w electric element (which I don't think is welded in) today. It also came with a wort chiller.
    Problem is the element is too high in the keg. When boiling, the water needs stirring to ensure it's evenly heated.
    It's also too high if I only want to mash 25ish litres. And too high to use the chiller effectively or use a biab, which is what I was going to use.
    What are some options? I thought a pump to revirculate but that doesn't help the height of the element.
    Anyone know a way I can fill the hole to fit the element lower? It was cheap so I could also just cut the element off inside and use a gas burner.

Attached Files:

2. garage_life

Posted 29/11/18
    Getting it welded up at an engineerkng / fabrication shop would be cheap, cheaper if you know someone who can weld.
    You could weld a fitting in the hole and use it for a temp probe or sight glass?