Keggle gas setup opinions on output

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garage_life

Reaction score
Prototyping my keggle setup, bought the burner (BG12) and keg off another member, done some improvement as the amount of soot was a bit of a giveaway to the efficiency and was just no good on the burn.

I just boiled 35l (pre-boil vol. of water) in 45mins from the tap with no lid as I don't have one and all of the keggle normal lid part / flange has been removed so there's no support for one (yet).

I'm pretty happy with this as no lid has definitely slowed the boil time significantly as expected.
I realise that getting on the boil one would usually have a lid but, curious as to everyone's thoughts if this is a pretty decent output and going to be OK for 20 - 25l Biab batches.

Got the burn pretty clean and just been playing with the burner height before I fabricate a mount for it.

Pretty excited to do my first all grain brew on ANZAC day with a few mates, hopefully have it completed and dialled by then.

Any input on a lid for a 50l keg with all the top cut out greatly appreciated. IKEA have a 13inch one that's a bit to small but f*ck all in a big ship I guess.
Going to put some ally tape over the handle holes and some foil over a plywood lid to sit on top in the interim unless someone has a less sketchy idea.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back