Kegging

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamstringsally

Reaction score
can anyone give me some info regarding kegging into the bigger CUB style kegs?

I have a mate who owns a bar and i was keen to put a few brews into his empty kegs to try it out on tap. if all goes well i was going to brew my own for a mates party coming up and supply a few different types of beers.

thing is though ive only ever bottled and dont know much about kegging or how the carbonation goes ect ect.

is it possible to clean the used kegs of his and put some of my home brew into? also how does the carbonation work when putting a large volume in?

sorry if these are greenhorn questions!

cheers

hammo

just google how to open a snakey keg heaps of videos on youtube show you what to do

even though you shouldnt have those kegs in your posession..............not that i give a shit where anything comes from if you have them or can access them why not use them.

cheers: HBK

just google how to open a snakey keg heaps of videos on youtube show you what to do

even though you shouldnt have those kegs in your posession..............not that i give a shit where anything comes from if you have them or can access them why not use them.

Awsome thanks.

just checked out a few videos and looks pretty straight forward. once fermentation has finished do i transfer straight into keg? or in other words how do i get carbonation into the beer? is there a step i need to do so i can take the keg to my mates bar and just plug it in?

i know with the other keg systems you need your oxy bottle to force carbonate?

cheers

Awsome thanks.

just checked out a few videos and looks pretty straight forward. once fermentation has finished do i transfer straight into keg? or in other words how do i get carbonation into the beer? is there a step i need to do so i can take the keg to my mates bar and just plug it in?

i know with the other keg systems you need your oxy bottle to force carbonate?

cheers

DONT force carb with oxygen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i suppose you could bulk prime into the keg if you arent able to use it yourself and let it carbonate just like 1 bug bottle over a couple weeks or so

unless you take it straight to the bar when you keg it and get it carbed up using Co2

do a search on bulk priming but be careful with your measurements as a keg will not explode very easily like a bottle does but will just become foam when you try to pour it...........

Latest posts

Back