Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
basically finished, still need to work out where i want the gas splitter and install it. gas bottle was initially designed to go behind top keg, had everything cut measured installed to suit.... but i didnt take the tap shanks into account :( in hindsight i should have put them about 150mm further apart and it would have been fine.

https://theredone85.tumblr.com/post/186576671165
https://theredone85.tumblr.com/post/186576634350

no idea what im doing wrong with these images :(

Last edited:
That's a nice compact setup mate[emoji106], lifting a fifty up to the top would take some effort.[emoji482][emoji482]

186576634350[IMG]

That's a nice compact setup mate[emoji106], lifting a fifty up to the top would take some effort.[emoji482][emoji482]

thanks, cant say its easy but not as bad as u think, its not an awkward weight to lift by any stretch

Nice job mate. Any particular reason why your running 50l kegs as opposed to cornies?
Just time mate, it’s why I gave it away the first time round, and have a young family now. So double batches through to 50s and no more bottling

Just time mate, it’s why I gave it away the first time round, and have a young family now. So double batches through to 50s and no more bottling
Fair call mate. Same reason I’m only kegging now too. No time for bottles! I wouldn’t brew anymore if I bottled!

View attachment 117120 Just wanted to show my almost finished build :)
had to add laptop built under lid, speakers and subwoofer, great for parties
Nice work. It looks like you've got a freezer sitting inside a bigger enclosure that gives you the void on the side. I'm looking at doing something similar. Can you share any details/build pics of the enclosure?

Nice work. It looks like you've got a freezer sitting inside a bigger enclosure that gives you the void on the side. I'm looking at doing something similar. Can you share any details/build pics of the enclosure?
I used duragal to make a steel frame and welded on wheels to hold up to 400Kg.
laser cut alloy panels powdercoated black.
there is enough room to put rgb led's behind the panels and heaps of room for electronics and co2 bottle on side compartment
thumbnail_20191208_115646[1].jpg
thumbnail_20191208_132818[1].jpg
thumbnail_20191208_133010[1].jpg

the STC-1000 runs 2 power points for the freezer and fans tor temp control and the other 2 power points control the laptop and sub woofer at 240V

Last edited:
That's awesome! It's a really perfect setup but whats up with the taps? You didn't want to go forward sealing taps?
Would have loved to, but this cost me a LOT more than I planned :((was just gonna do another collar on a freezer)
Might do it on the next build after I sell this one.

Would have loved to, but this cost me a LOT more than I planned :((was just gonna do another collar on a freezer)
Might do it on the next build after I sell this one.

No worries at all. I totally understand but just hate seeing the older rear sealing taps. How about we do you a deal and I organise some 3 x new forward sealing taps for you. In exchange you just send us some good resolution photos and we might one day use them in our Keezer build instruction manual or something. We have not got around to making a manual for this yet but if we had some pre-done photos this would save us some time.

You are probably familiar with our current Intertap SS taps, what I can propose to you is that we supply you with our new Nukataps which will be the next generation of forward sealing taps (these have not even been released yet but they arrive very soon).

If you want to take us up on this offer the private message me.

NOTE: This is a once only offer since this Donz can't afford forward sealing taps and has built an otherwise perfect keezer. We are not going to give every person out there who wants free taps the same offer so all you other guys please do not PM me. This is just an offer for Donz. We especially like the integrated speaker and monitor. It's awesome!

No worries at all. I totally understand but just hate seeing the older rear sealing taps. How about we do you a deal and I organise some 3 x new forward sealing taps for you. In exchange you just send us some good resolution photos and we might one day use them in our Keezer build instruction manual or something. We have not got around to making a manual for this yet but if we had some pre-done photos this would save us some time.

You are probably familiar with our current Intertap SS taps, what I can propose to you is that we supply you with our new Nukataps which will be the next generation of forward sealing taps (these have not even been released yet but they arrive very soon).

If you want to take us up on this offer the private message me.

NOTE: This is a once only offer since this Donz can't afford forward sealing taps and has built an otherwise perfect keezer. We are not going to give every person out there who wants free taps the same offer so all you other guys please do not PM me. This is just an offer for Donz. We especially like the integrated speaker and monitor. It's awesome!
would love this.. and I'll laser cut your logo and put it on the front :)

Back