Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tassie oak floorboards, galv mini orb.
That looks great lobo, don't show that to my wife! My white fridge with some taps hanging out of it is nowhere near as impressive, I need to come up with a way to dress it up!

Few months ago I got around to doing up my Keezer ive had for about 5 years. Tassie oak floorboards, galv mini orb. Double font will be eventually flooded.

Looks great - I was thinking mini orb myself, did you just use a continuous sheet, or separate sections for each side? (can't tell from the pic). Also how did you attach the mini orb to the freezer?

G'day everyone, im Stokesy and im new to brewing, this is my setup so far. Still got a bit of work to do in the coolroom. I had to make the stainless tap extension to go through the wall of the coolroom, i also made easy clean and fill kegs. Beer up
20180909_191836.jpeg
20180909_191853.jpeg
20180922_140951.jpeg
20180922_141034.jpeg
1537681841200.jpeg
20180909_185813.jpeg
1537682012574.jpeg

The OP says he sometimes fits a 45 litre keg AND a 19 litre in his kitchen frig.
God alone knows how he gets that in his frig (fork hoist maybe, or maybe he supervises his wife)!
I have a bit of a struggle fitting 4 kegs in my frig which looks to be about the same size.

Looks great - I was thinking mini orb myself, did you just use a continuous sheet, or separate sections for each side? (can't tell from the pic). Also how did you attach the mini orb to the freezer?

The mini-orb can look good but just wanted to remind you guys that it's important to make sure you work out what type of radiators/condenser your fridge has and do not cover this up. We frequently see customers who clad fridges in wood, metal or some other sheeting and it significantly reduces the fridges ability to dissipate heat.

Also I was just looking at the one of the previous posts and just wanted to higlight something. If you use these fittings on the back of the tap shanks:
https://www.kegland.com.au/liquid-ball-lock-post-with-5-8-bsp-thread.html
Yes it does make it easy to fit the ball lock posts and connect/disconnect the beer lines. One small word of warning on this is that the way the ball lock posts have been designed with a poppet and spring they do sometimes introduce a bit of turbulance. Now if you have the poppet and spring further up stream where you have higher pressures (due to your line resistance) then you will have no problem at all. With that said if you put the same poppet and spring close to your tap end where the head pressures are close to 0 then this is when foaming can start to be an issue. If you have very cold beer and well balanced system you will probably be fine but if you start putting these fittings on your tap shanks are are getting foaming issues then I would remove them.

Sorry, dont want to be negative but just wanted to flag a couple potential issues. The kegerators and bar's look awesome guys. We should probably run a competition every year for the best kegerator setup.

If you want an easy way to remove your beer line from the tap shank then these are a much cheaper option:
https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-8mm-push-in-to-5-8-to-suit-keg-couplers-and-tap-shanks.html
They cost much less too.

G'day everyone, im Stokesy and im new to brewing, this is my setup so far. Still got a bit of work to do in the coolroom. I had to make the stainless tap extension to go through the wall of the coolroom, i also made easy clean and fill kegs. Beer upView attachment 113634View attachment 113636View attachment 113637View attachment 113638View attachment 113639View attachment 113640View attachment 113641

Where did you purchase the shank extension? It's hard to find 5/8inch all thread.

Hello sap0rk. We were under the impression that sponsors were able to comment on any thread they like provided that it was relevant to the subject on the thread.

In addition to this we raised the question with a number of forum members and it appeared to us that the forum members were of the opinion that as long as the information was accurate and informative then they were not fussed if it came from a sponsor or a member of the public.

What does seem to be against the rules is certain forum members who are actually retailers but then commenting under alias profiles. We have noticed that this seems to be happening quite a bit recently.

At the end of the day we believe a healthy vibrant forum should involve processionals in the industry, domestic customers, and a broad range of members that bring different views to the table. You will always have some forum members that will have a motive to actually sell product or influence the public in one direction. One way to try and address this issue is to make sure all retailers are shown as being retailers. We have tried to make our profile clearly say "KegLand" for this reason and in many posts that we have maid we also specifically say "we have some bias as we sell the products".

What I find is you insert your products where ever possible and it seems like a blatant disregard for the rules
Don't even try the "wahhhh other people do it too" excuse, just man up and accept it
This forum seems to have completely gone down the toilet of late...

Going back and re-reading what a moderator posted
I'm seeing KegLand jumping in all over the forum in an attempt to gain visibility, where KegKing remained like the other sponsors.. paid and within the boundaries.
To which you acknowledged the fact and feigned ignorance, then continued to refine the point with WEAL
Don't play coy here

Last edited:
Where did you purchase the shank extension? It's hard to find 5/8inch all thread.
G'day mate, i made the shank extension myself out of 1" stainless shaft, bored the whole way through to 5/16" and then i got a mate to screw cut the internal and external threads which are 7/8" unf. I kept everything in imperial measurement as that is what the tap is.

Hello sap0rk. We were under the impression that sponsors were able to comment on any thread they like provided that it was relevant to the subject on the thread.

In addition to this we raised the question with a number of forum members and it appeared to us that the forum members were of the opinion that as long as the information was accurate and informative then they were not fussed if it came from a sponsor or a member of the public.

What does seem to be against the rules is certain forum members who are actually retailers but then commenting under alias profiles. We have noticed that this seems to be happening quite a bit recently.

At the end of the day we believe a healthy vibrant forum should involve processionals in the industry, domestic customers, and a broad range of members that bring different views to the table. You will always have some forum members that will have a motive to actually sell product or influence the public in one direction. One way to try and address this issue is to make sure all retailers are shown as being retailers. We have tried to make our profile clearly say "KegLand" for this reason and in many posts that we have maid we also specifically say "we have some bias as we sell the products".

If it was a blatant ad with no content then I see why people would complain.
But an answer to a question with a link to the suppliers products I don't see as a major issue.

Just a member though not a moderator or anything.

If it was a blatant ad with no content then I see why people would complain.
But an answer to a question with a link to the suppliers products I don't see as a major issue.

Just a member though not a moderator or anything.
Maybe like here
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/sterilizing.98748/page-2#post-1518932

They dug up another OLD thread just to post a video highlighting their wares
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/cleaning-and-sterilising.15680/

And here (I feel this is still inserting their product, even if it is asking for a comparison)
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/eoi-pressure-relief-valve.97671/page-12#post-1517942

And again here, where they are told again by a mod, NOT TO DO IT (this is the same thread as above)
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/sterilizing.98748/#post-1514165

Last edited:
Let's just all agree that Stokesy has won the arms war on kegging set ups with the first domestic walk in unit.
You can all take the arguments into the room, we'll shut the door and finish the beer from outside. Just promise not to unplug the lines

Let's just all agree that Stokesy has won the arms war on kegging set ups with the first domestic walk in unit.
You can all take the arguments into the room, we'll shut the door and finish the beer from outside. Just promise not to unplug the lines
[emoji23][emoji23] sounds fair wolfman[emoji106][emoji482][emoji482]

Hi everyone, I am looking at setting up a small portable set up in my homemade chilly bin. I want little kegs with ball locks. I met some Aussie brewer in oamaru who mention 6L ones which will work great in my 3 tap set up.

Can you show me where to find these skippy?:noworries:

The (almost) complete, new Stinky Dog Brewery. Just need to install the font again and do a little more aesthetic details.
i5eGhh.jpg

See the build over in the DIY section.

Back