Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome Laxation!!! I really like the Tassie blackwood and tap handles.
I've actually got the same chest freezer full of frozen foodstuff.
Where do you keep your co2 and the temp control electricals?

The Co2 is sitting right behind it. The Temp control is inside the jug on the right (when I get around to it I'm moving it to that wine bottle so I can use the jug again) and it comes out the back. You can see the controller lying on the floor there

I'm super happy with how the taps turned out - they came from this bit of wood

image000000.jpg

Excellent, gotta love recycled Aussie timber. I've got access to some nice redgum from the barmah forest in nsw. Might do similar!

Nice work laxation. I made my entire bar top out of some discarded timber found at a sawmill that cost me the price of fuel to drive out. When they took over the joint they were learning to cut ironbark slabs on a new portable setup and ended up with some that were 3in thick tapering to 1.5in so no good for sale. They sat in a pile for 5 years before I picked up a few with a plan to make workbenches. Of course, as soon as I started to work with the timber I realised how beautiful it was and after about 30hrs hand-planing, sanding and estapol'ing I ended up with a bar and a couple of small serving tables that look nicer than any other furniture I own!

Can't think of any issues, just wondering what the advantages are?
I only did it to one line to see if it could be done. It works great and the advantage for me so far has been the speed and ease of transferring beer to a party keg, mini keg and the a bottle through the counter pressure filler/carbonation cap. Works for because I like to take my beer with me instead of buying beer. Other less significant advantages could be the ability to remove the line when not in use, change out lines (longer, shorter) or if I had a dedicated line for say ginger beer. It could have potential benefit with clean and sanitise.

The obvious disadvantage is the cost but I have not seen any change in flow because I haven't run two taps side by side yet

Is the fitting on the shank commercially available?
Sure are, they are listed as LIQUID BALL LOCK POST WITH 5/8INCH THREAD

Intended for use with commercial keg couplers to replace the barb fitting with ball lock posts so you can tap commercial kegs without changing homebrew fittings.
5472-ball-lock-cornelius-post-for-keg-coupler.jpg
5465-ball-lock-posts-for-keg-coupler_1.jpg

Hi not sure if this is the right place to ask, I'm moving from bottling to kegs. Got 19 litre corny kegs. Probably just using a party tap or Pluto gun I think it's called. Want advice or link to article. Best brand co2 regulator to get? Like keg king, mangrove jack, micromatic?? Or any cheaper version off eBay do the same job? Thanks for your advice

I’ve had no probs with kk
Make sure you use plenty of beer line say 3 meters
Go for the skinnyist one u can
Then u can serve at carb pressure say 12psi

Thanks mate just ordered KK one just wanted to hear from someone who had used any of them. Looking forward to getting it all set up now

I got a micromatic and a kk. Both great, I have a slight preference for the micromatic but the knob on the kk wins as far as ease of use goes

Hi not sure if this is the right place to ask, I'm moving from bottling to kegs. Got 19 litre corny kegs. Probably just using a party tap or Pluto gun I think it's called. Want advice or link to article. Best brand co2 regulator to get? Like keg king, mangrove jack, micromatic?? Or any cheaper version off eBay do the same job? Thanks for your advice
Pluto gun is great for a start, I use one on my mobile set up.

This is what I have so far, there is room for one more keg in the fridge and one more tap but I will have to put the gas bottle on the shelf and I like to use that space for bottled beers and glasses.

Attachments

• IMAG0179.jpg
    IMAG0179.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 461
  • IMAG0181.jpg
    IMAG0181.jpg
    991.5 KB · Views: 416
  • IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 405

Latest posts

Back