Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My pluto gun was fantastic, never a drip. Then I cleaned it, goddamit! I just can't get it back to that no-drip sweet spot. It HAS encouraged me to pull my finger out on my multi-tap build though.

Might try the picnic taps in the meantime.

As with so many things in this hobby, you get what you pay for with pluto guns. If you are paying less than $80 for a new one, you are asking for trouble. (Well, I am speaking from my own experience here. Never seen anything cheaper that was worth buying. Sure... you can go and get one of those $25 ones from Keg King, but you will likely be replacing it every year.

My andale Pluto is the best pour I get. Better than my 650ss perlicks, the brumby I had before that and the plastic picnic ones I use on a camping setup with mates. Highly recommended, however I've never taken it apart to clean, only run PBW through it to clean. Madhu I'm now scared to take it apart LOL

My andale Pluto is the best pour I get. Better than my 650ss perlicks, the brumby I had before that and the plastic picnic ones I use on a camping setup with mates. Highly recommended, however I've never taken it apart to clean, only run PBW through it to clean. Madhu I'm now scared to take it apart LOL
DO. NOT!

THANKS! I miss my functioning pluto. Worked really, really well.
I am not kidding... I have never met a Pluto that couldn't be set back on the right path! (Assuming it isn't one out of the toy box.) Wouldn't cost you a cent. I still have a few dozen kits in the shed that will probably last me until well after I fall off this perch I sit on.

I am not kidding... I have never met a Pluto that couldn't be set back on the right path! (Assuming it isn't one out of the toy box.) Wouldn't cost you a cent. I still have a few dozen kits in the shed that will probably last me until well after I fall off this perch I sit on.
Invest in a bar stool, perches are so 80's.

My two Kegs arrived, one was great, posts, lid were in good condition and an easy clean, other crappy lid and cleaning has been a pain. Have soaked it twice now with PBW as it had black mold growing in it :( But they say third times a charm haha. Will post some pics once i get the keezer built :)

Hey all, im looking at getting a cheap kegging setup. Trying to keep it around the $500 mark. I have a fridge & temp controller I can use. Having done a bit of reading I cant make my mind up how 'essential' good taps and regs are. Im happy to buy a simple setup now and upgrade bits later, but what I dont want to do is spend money on a POS setup that just turns all my beer to foam in the midst of me accepting that I need better equipment.

I think getting a 2 tap setup is gonna make the most sense for my circumstances. Ive found a few options and very interested to hear the thoughts of you learned foke :)

This seems to tick boxes, but I dont know about the taps or regs
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Homebrew...211256?hash=item58e5202578:g:fAkAAOSwcUBYKjh3

Or spend a little more and get this supposedly higher quality stuff, plus a 2nd tap add on??
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PRO-BALL...957903?hash=item1a2d960c0f:g:ucYAAOSwaEhZN2qP
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PREMIUM-...721438?hash=item4407af8c9e:g:JHAAAOSwZVlXnqcv

Or any other good options?

Ive been keeping eye out for 2nd hand setups on gumtree/etc but not much luck (havent been looking long though)

Hey all, im looking at getting a cheap kegging setup. Trying to keep it around the $500 mark. I have a fridge & temp controller I can use. Having done a bit of reading I cant make my mind up how 'essential' good taps and regs are. Im happy to buy a simple setup now and upgrade bits later, but what I dont want to do is spend money on a POS setup that just turns all my beer to foam in the midst of me accepting that I need better equipment.

I think getting a 2 tap setup is gonna make the most sense for my circumstances. Ive found a few options and very interested to hear the thoughts of you learned foke :)

This seems to tick boxes, but I dont know about the taps or regs
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Homebrew...211256?hash=item58e5202578:g:fAkAAOSwcUBYKjh3

Or spend a little more and get this supposedly higher quality stuff, plus a 2nd tap add on??
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PRO-BALL...957903?hash=item1a2d960c0f:g:ucYAAOSwaEhZN2qP
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PREMIUM-...721438?hash=item4407af8c9e:g:JHAAAOSwZVlXnqcv

Or any other good options?

Ive been keeping eye out for 2nd hand setups on gumtree/etc but not much luck (havent been looking long though)

The taps in all 3 examples are chrome plated brass. Brass is a sworn enemy of beer.

Quick question for all you experts:

Have beer in 2 kegs. Is pouring out really really slowly, or virtually not at all.

Kegs have pressure (quick PRV check), and the reg (3 month old micromatic) shows positive pressure from the bottle and to the kegs themselves.

Is it likely a diptube issue? Some gunge has happened to get into 2 of my kegs?

Or is it likely the taps are sticking because they're due to be cleaned? (one was also the picnic tap, could be gungy?)

thats my issue 9/10 times. cleaned one out last weekend.
yeast floc is ususally okay but hop biddies have ruined my flow on more than one occasion.

disclaimer: not expert

i have had dud carb caps before too, they are a pain, but not sure how/what you are dispensing into or from.

good luck de-gassing your keg, fun times, not.

both kegs are stuck you say? do they both have the same brew?

Quick question for all you experts:

Have beer in 2 kegs. Is pouring out really really slowly, or virtually not at all.

Kegs have pressure (quick PRV check), and the reg (3 month old micromatic) shows positive pressure from the bottle and to the kegs themselves.

Is it likely a diptube issue? Some gunge has happened to get into 2 of my kegs?

Or is it likely the taps are sticking because they're due to be cleaned? (one was also the picnic tap, could be gungy?)

I had a keg do this a while back, was a porter and I'd just replaced the poppets and seals etc, was actually the poppet valve and spring that got clogged up so I had to unscrew it and give it a clean! When I say clogged it took **** all to block it because it was new and tightly sealed I guess idk but a clean did the job and no probs since, unlikely you would clog a dip tube unless your kegging mud [emoji23][emoji23]

Close, WLP004? :D

Thanks Lethaldog. I don't put so much beer through my stuff that it has yet needed a clean but remember reading something here on it.

I've got to go away, so I'll pull it all out when I get back.

Oh ok, cheers for that
Just note there's cheap chrome plating, and there's Andale (a lot of their gear is plated, but will last years of hard service if cleaned and treated properly) like most things brewing you do get what you pay for.

Well it's getting there, getting the timber top today.
1503010329987.jpg

Needs a few more coats.
1503010405542.jpg

Quick mock up. Might be done by xmas.

Back