Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have been stalking this thread and getting severely jealous of all these wicked set ups and trying to conjure up a plan to persuade the mrs and got told to shut up and stop asking haha...

Then was told to go look in the spare room coz she sick of me asking and look what I found :-D
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1418517338.320755.jpg

Nice one MB, Shes a keeper

Im pretty sure this is how most people start their keg system with 2 kegs, regulator and one tap. I know I did. (twice....but that's another story)

You wont look back now, I rarely bottle the left overs once I have filled a keg (Very, very occasionally)

Yeah she is definitely good to me haha, I have a brew that's crashing in a secondary right now, ready to keg around thurs night hanging to pull my first beer from it!

At last finally into kegging
It's a bit dangerous beer on Tapp have to maintain
First pour Kolsch very happy
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1418781141.027865.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1418781159.067666.jpg

You're beer looks like a cracker is it an APA

Just finished my keezer last night. Still need a drip tray and more taps but its up and running. As always I went a bit over the top with a 300lt chesty but I like to have different beers available.
My plan is to have a reg for normal pressures, 1 for stouts and bitters and 1 for force carbing. It didnt quite work as planned but easy fixed. Noob mistake.

1420367533152.jpg

1420367567779.jpg

1420367615894.jpg

1420367666981.jpg

1420367897935.jpg

Nice, clean looking finish there, Nosco.

I'm umming between a FP 300L or 215L chesty .

So yours is good for 8 ball locks with a collar?

I'm leaning towards the 215L as it has enough room for my planned 4 taps (2xPerlicks, 2xbeer engines), plus there's lots more second hand units floating around on Ebay etc if it busts.
But, the 300L would be better for storing bottles and lagering kegs too, of course...hmmm.

Anyway...good work, mate.

Dan

Nosco, very nice setup, great idea with the reg after the first manifold, was it easy to get it on there - what adapter did you need?

Danwood said:
Nice, clean looking finish there, Nosco.

I'm umming between a FP 300L or 215L chesty .

So yours is good for 8 ball locks with a collar?

I'm leaning towards the 215L as it has enough room for my planned 4 taps (2xPerlicks, 2xbeer engines), plus there's lots more second hand units floating around on Ebay etc if it busts.
But, the 300L would be better for storing bottles and lagering kegs too, of course...hmmm.

Anyway...good work, mate.

Dan
I have my hand up for 300L..

You'll quite easily find use for the extra space.

I got the 300lt from a reco/2nd's place in Hoppers Crossing Called "Big Momma's" :p for $300 hence the weird colour. A bit more than you'll find 2nd hand but less than new. The guy said it was brand new out of the box but it did have some minor scratches and came with 4 baskets. Fits 6 19lt easy plus the option for 2 more small kegs or a heap of stubbies and yeast/hops. I am very glad I got the 300lt as I dont ket alot of time to brew so I can have back up beers OR I have a crap load of beer to drink. I used hammered finish spray paint which came up really good, just dont look too close.

I thought the adapter idea for the 2nd reg was really good idea too except that it didnt work. High pressure regs need high pressure to work :huh: I got the adaptor from KK (cant get the link atm with my crap internet) and was easy to fit. It might work with a low pressure reg but I dont know where to get one and I figure it would cost more than a double reg adaptor ($45).

Having it on the trolley is good for easy access. The extra hieght is a good tap hieght but lousy for putting in full kegs. I might hook up a pully from the ceiling for this.

Thanks for the comments.

Norgren make some really cool small second stage regulators perfect for low pressure control (up to 20bar inlet pressure). Part number r07-200-RNKG

My daughters spoilt me for Christmas and bought me the kegging set up I have my eye on for far too long.
I had an old fridge that I kept for the purpose and excitedly on Christmas day I dragged it out of the garage to find it was stuffed...

To the back up chest freezer I went.

DSC_0045.JPG

First poor,

DSC_0038.JPG

and first dead soldier.

DSC_0051.JPG

Had a bit of fun trying to get the carbonation right and guessing the temperature while I was waiting for my STC to be delivered. It finally arrived today so I wired it up, had it professionally installed, and is working a treat.

DSC_0056.JPG

Thanks for the inspiration all.

Back