Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The flow controls on my PC's have a nice smooth easy action. I use it all the time when doing the first pour and the tap isnt chilled, I crank the flow right down, open the tap then slowly open the flow control, this stops the big head and gives a perfect glass on the first pour. After that the tap is nicely chilled I don't need to touch it.

Hmmm... maybe it warrants an email to Perlick. Ill shoot something to them on the weekend!

Frothie said:
The flow controls on my PC's have a nice smooth easy action. I use it all the time when doing the first pour and the tap isnt chilled, I crank the flow right down, open the tap then slowly open the flow control, this stops the big head and gives a perfect glass on the first pour. After that the tap is nicely chilled I don't need to touch it.
Ditto, the controls on my PC's move quite easily, firm but not stiff (have at it!). And I do exactly the same as Frothie when doing the first pour, works perfectly. If you leave them full open on the first pour you get a hell of a lot more head. Curiously though one I've poured the first, I can often not get enough head on the next pour (if done straight away), even with the flow control full open. Wondering if I should shorten my beer lines?

I've got both and the PC is much easier to move. I've taken the SS ones apart and cleaned/lubed and they're still pretty stiff. I do the same as above with my first pours through the warm taps. Gets a perfect pint every time and my lines are no more than 30cm. With four kegs in a 150L chesty I need all the room I can get!

OneEye said:
I've got both and the PC is much easier to move. I've taken the SS ones apart and cleaned/lubed and they're still pretty stiff. I do the same as above with my first pours through the warm taps. Gets a perfect pint every time and my lines are no more than 30cm. With four kegs in a 150L chesty I need all the room I can get!
30cm lines?? That would fix a LOT of the mess inside my kegerator, mine must be 1.5m or more. Mind you my font must be at least that tall, so I won't be able to get 'em that short.

That's my only gripe with a full fridge kegerator and full height door, even with flow controls it is looking like 1 metre is the shortest line I can get away with!!!

Got my new setup going, still working out the correct flow as you can see but overall loving it!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1400409850.413545.jpg

Wilkens

Okie dokie.....
Just finished putting the bar together exactly how I want it.
So here's how it goes;

310 Ltr F&P chestie from graysonline. $300
4 door kitchen cabinet from eBay $25
Recycled hardwood timber flooring for a bench top. $0
Clip together flooring panels for chestie top and teak trimming $60
Putty, glue, finishing lacquer, nails, screws etc $120
Handles $36
Font from pub in Melbourne. $70 freight to Sydney $120
Taps eBay $35 each
Kegs and hardware purchased over time (except I did score a bargain last week at a garage sale. 2 kegs, 3 regs for $50!)
Bucket, tubing and aquarium pump $50
My time and effort... Priceless.

Getting frosty....

A well deserved drop...

mckenry said:
Is it sticking out like that so you can open the lid?
looks like it's on wheels so he can slide it out to open the lid and change kegs and then slide her back in flush with the existing cabinets.

A really nice job!

Yup, second pic is as if I was sliding out the cab to open and change kegs

Picked this up from another forum member who is moving on to bigger and better things.

Really happy with it. Not sure about the blackboard, might have to get some blackboard tap handles or a raspberrypints set up.

Hidden away in our store room and can put shelving above it so the girlfriend is happy it's not taking up space in our small court yard like my old keg fridge.

Happy days!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1401019132.270846.jpg

housecat that is an awesome setup, looks very pro!

one thing, the vent down the bottom right side of the freezer, does this have any airflow past it when the unit is back in against the wall? if it's anything like the chest freezer I have the compressor sits in there and needs reasonable airflow...

Latest posts

Back