Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maxim0200 said:
Worked out my drip tray, not that I need one with floryte taps! :p

It dose catch the run through when changing whats on the tap or cleaning them.
Should put a picture of this in the ghetto gear thread!!

shaunous said:
That'd be cheap as fuk to make also, its just all pallet timber by the looks.
Looks to nice to be pallet timber, and to flat. Ive always wondered how these freezers hold up with the extra layer od timber on it, id be concerned about over heating issues

a lot of them have no back, or a space where the heat exchange/cooling fins live (the ones i've seen at least).

JD

Yeah, the coffin design is great but the heat/temp loss must be taken into account....

So does the box that sits up top run purely lines through a few holes? If so, cool, but the first pour or 2 is gonna be with hot line, as most font owners would understand. Then you are looking at running a snake into it and it is made of wood!!

OR is the top box open to the cooling? As in, is the base, open to the freezer? if so, it is a wood box that would probably overdrive your motor/freezer and not really be like a chilled font IMO... Sorry, just typing out loud here....

Anyway, Anyone on AHB running a 'coffin' style keezer? - would love to hear from actual experience??

Cheers

Could you run lines inside some PVC and have a font fan to account for the extra space while keeping the freezer as sealed as possible?

Maybe some armour flex ( pipe insulation) on the beer lines with another chilled water line running form a container of chilled water using a little brown pump.

That's the snake Cocko mentioned, Spog...I think ?

Hey just finishing up my Keezer set-up and was asked by my partner what are the dangers of having a Co2 bottle in the house? She is suggesting keeping it in the garage...I have a 2.6kg keg king bottle that sits inside the Keezer

mattyg8, your all good I've lost 6.8kg inside no harm to anything. and note CO2 is a heavy gas and therefore would be around the floor, not up where your breathing.

Might be an issue if you have kids though, my bottle is out in the garage at the moment as I've got a 5 month old rolling around on the floor most of the day...

no kids atm but I didnt think there would be much problem and considering its gonna be concealed in the chest freezer

MastersBrewery said:
and note CO2 is a heavy gas and therefore would be around the floor, not up where your breathing.
Do not pass out near your kegerator ;)

zxhoon said:
Might be an issue if you have kids though, my bottle is out in the garage at the moment as I've got a 5 month old rolling around on the floor most of the day...
Good decision.
One question though. How are you going to fare when your rolling around on the floor in the garage....... :p

Lodan said:
Do not pass out near your kegerator ;)
Piss taking,I can see the newspaper headlines,given recent brewing related reports.
...homebrewer gases family....

I think the home brewer shoots more toxic gases organically for the co2 to be a worry.

Latest posts

Back