Kegging Setups

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maxim0200 said:
The aldi keezer is almost finnished!
Just to be different here is a vid to :D
Looking good.

Take the little plastic cover of your STC 1000 screen.... your one of "those" people arent you? ;)

congratulations! Looks good to me just got a bit excited at the end when it frothed over

I should have my 420L chesty arriving this week or next week and will hopefully get time to build the collar over the xmas break.

All taps/shanks/lines/etc have been ordered and waiting for arrival from the US. Not sure if they'll arrive before xmas but will cross my fingers as they were shipped at the start of the month.

Lets just say that the wallet is hurting a little more than usual this xmas...

Nice video, don't think the wife would let me convert our Aldi freezer though haha - can always dream...

If the STC wiring Is 240 Volt you might want to use double insulated wiring (if it isn't).

maxim0200 said:
The aldi keezer is almost finnished!
Just to be different here is a vid to :D
The vid was all going well until you stuffed up by giving the Americans 4 1/2". It's bad enough with them trying to inflict their outdated measurement system upon the civilized, world now your encouraging them to keep going with it! However If you still feel the need to give it to them, give them a good hard 6" at least please.

Well done on the Keezer though.

Just upgraded my old original Chinese font to a polished stainless cobra with andale flo rites. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1386754571.905365.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1386754588.221072.jpg

Nice cobra, eaven nicer andale taps! :super:

phoenixdigital said:
Looking good.

Take the little plastic cover of your STC 1000 screen.... your one of "those" people arent you? ;)
Lol its gone now ;)

zxhoon said:
Nice video, don't think the wife would let me convert our Aldi freezer though haha - can always dream...

If the STC wiring Is 240 Volt you might want to use double insulated wiring (if it isn't).
you can tell her its 100% reversible and only temporary... ;)
Yes you are 100% correct by AS/NZS 3000:2008 it should be double insulated, and it is of course.....
Ive never understood that rule because if something is going to cut the wire then its going to go straight through the extra insulation like a knife through butter.
I much prefer a working RCD and an extra earth wire if given the option.

real_beer said:
The vid was all going well until you stuffed up by giving the Americans 4 1/2". It's bad enough with them trying to inflict their outdated measurement system upon the civilized, world now your encouraging them to keep going with it! However If you still feel the need to give it to them, give them a good hard 6" at least please.

Well done on the Keezer though.
Unfortunately the biggest market share for YT is the bloody yanks :[

Love the use of the freezer for the glasses! One thing you don't get with a keezer, or the all fridge/no freezer like I had before building my new keezer.

Hmmm ignore my last post, must have been looking at an older page for that reply...

djar007 said:
Yours is a winner too lodan. Nice and neat. How many kegs can you throw in that?
Thanks djar007 :)
i can fit four kegs in total, cramped but i think manageable.

Howdy guys a newbe here
i must say how good this forum is and how much knowledge i have gained in the past few weeks , so thanks and keep up the good work.
Just a quick question, i am setting up to run kegs at the moment and have got them in a chest freezer converted to a fridge and was goin to put the towers on the lid but have decided to build a new bar as well and put the towers on the bar. can you see a problem if the tower is approx 500mm from the cold fridge other than the first pint or two being warm. Cant wait to have it all finished and share some pics

haha just realized this question has probably already been asked cause i've only been looking at first couple pages, not where this ended up page 137

DBH-018 said:
Howdy guys a newbe here
i must say how good this forum is and how much knowledge i have gained in the past few weeks , so thanks and keep up the good work.
Just a quick question, i am setting up to run kegs at the moment and have got them in a chest freezer converted to a fridge and was goin to put the towers on the lid but have decided to build a new bar as well and put the towers on the bar. can you see a problem if the tower is approx 500mm from the cold fridge other than the first pint or two being warm. Cant wait to have it all finished and share some pics

haha just realized this question has probably already been asked cause i've only been looking at first couple pages, not where this ended up page 137

If you try to run the shortest route possible and use some good insulation around the beer line it should help. Maybe even once you're done with drinking disconnect the liquid disconnects from the kegs and drain the lines into a bucket in the keezer so the beer exposed to room temp doesnt spoil in the lines if being left for a while.

Mind you when I was de-frosting my kegerator I had beer in the line for 2-3 days at room temperature and it taste fine when I poured and drank it :super:

I'm doing the same thing, but mine will be run to a flooded font in armaflex about 2m from the fridge. It's not proper frozen flooded, will just be recirculating liquid the same temp as the kegs.

Should be ok, I hope anyway.

Latest posts

Back