Kegging Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adz1179

Reaction score
just kegged my first beer, hooked up the co2 (pin lick disconnects). have it at 80kpa @ 3deg for just over 2.5 vol.

gassing the keg is really loud and i can feel a hell of a lot of air pushing our where my fingers are at the bottom of the gas connect.

is this just the co2 pushing out the air or is it a dodgy connect?

sorry if it a stupid question, first time is all and nobody here to help - i have turned off the gas for now.

New_Image1.JPG

i can feel it leaking,.... i geuss it will bubble to buggery... what next

i can feel it leaking,.... i geuss it will bubble to buggery... what next

First up, the basics.....is the red and grey disconnect secured all the way down and locked into place?

If Yes: check to see if the post is securely tightened down and if so, is the O'ring on the outside of the post in good nick?

It probably just needs changing.

If the leak is coming from under the pinlock post, then you'll to change the internal O'ring. The Pinlock one's use an oversized one compared to standard Ball Locks.

See how you go.

Hope this helps,
Martin

Thanks Martin. I really appreciate your help! Seems to be working fine now. Legend

You're welcome mate.

Next time you're in your LHBS grab a tube of keg lube and put a tiny smear on each of those new seals. They'll seal better and last a lot longer.

Martin

Latest posts

Back