Kegging Bourbon And Coke

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make it as early as possible and put on some serious gas pressure. For some reason soft drinks seem to take far longer than beer to carb up. I often make a keg of lemonade for SWMBO with a mix of Sodastream, water and cheap supermarket lemonade and it can take up to a fortnight to resemble the postmix soft drink you get from the bar. After that it's fine.

a good calculator for this can be found here http://homedistiller.org/calcs/dilute
Put coke bourbon and keg in a fridge set at 0c, this will help keep CO2 in solution. then just fill the keg, purge and set to serve pressure. i have found unless you have time dont **** with the CO2 volumes.

Henno said:
I have a big meet and greet coming up soon with all my fishing mates. Some of them are avid bourbon and coke drinkers and as I now own 6 kegs I was wondering about putting on a keg of bourbon and coke for them.

How would I go about this? Can you buy the coke syrup and add water and gas or should I just get 10 x 2L bottles and wack it in and then add a couple of bottles of Jack on top and just gas to pouring pressure?

Is this post blasphemy on a beer forum? If so apologies in advance and I will never mention spirits again :unsure:
soda stream cola would work, would taste the same if not a bit better than pre-mix! How big are your kegs? To get the same strength as pre-mix you would aim for about 8:1 ratio mix just off the top of my head!

Haha, just saw it pop up, didn't check the date, still good advice though you gotta admit [emoji23][emoji23]

Thanks for the feed back guys. Mucho apppreciato (pretty sure thats spanish right?). Agreed i think i will go with 1L:4L ration of bourbon to coke, just like cordial and water. I too prefer it straight, but some people just love their sugar

Latest posts

Back