Keggerator Upgrade - Beer Level Indicator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sure you don't want an IP interface for it so you can check up on how much the missus drinks whilst you're away?
There must be so many automated beer machines in your house that all you need now is to automate one to drink it for you! :D

Impressive stuff.
I didn't even understand anything about how it works, other than beer coming out of the taps, but I am very impressed.

he he, I pulled apart a cheap set of scales for this exact purpose but got stuck on the "scales must be unladen when turned on to calibrate to zero" problem. The bits are all still in a drawer in my shed. It has taken a back seat to my Braumiser clone clone.

Nice work as always Zizzle. Leaving the rest of us techies flailing in your wake!! :icon_cheers:

I check my keg level by ear.

"Splerchsplot" followed immediately by "sput sput psssssssss" = empty :p

Just checked with my wife and she said I can't stick the kegerator under the dining room table and drill a hole for the font to come out of.

Bitch!

Just checked with my wife and she said I can't stick the kegerator under the dining room table and drill a hole for the font to come out of.

Bitch!
I had that exact problem, which is why I moved all my kegging gear and kegerator to the Mistresses place.

beer_spa.jpg

Your wife is an angel if she lets you use the kitchen fridge. :wub:

IMG_3778.jpg

IMG_3779.jpg

I love the pint gauge on the kegs ... wish I had that. Here's me thinking about a clear sight tube...

Some people waste all their time playing golf ;)

The winters are long here. And I've been working on this project for over a year now.

But expect a new all stainless brewbot by the northern hemiphere summer.

I am halfway to getting this done, I have had a stainless frame made up, and have load cells in there. Just need to get a micro-controller to drive the setup.

Back