Kegerator.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fongas brew

Reaction score
I’m looking st building a new fridge or freezer kegerator for 50 lt kegs. Who else uses 50 lt kegs. Show me some photos of your kegerators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just finishing one in an upright freezer. still have to make another shelf and a few other things but seems ok.

its a hisense 200odd ltr upright freezer, build a collar from 140mm x 45mm pine, painted outside of collar insulated inside. installed tempmate and away we go.
the main issue i have yet to rectify is the bloody alarm on it. it beeps all the time as temp is above the -18 it is set for, assuming it thinks there is a door open or issues. ill be pulling it appart on the weekend and trying to find where the beeper is as i cannot seem to see how to turn th alarm off any other way.

If you want kegerator for home I think you should try Igloo Cold Jokey box because when you are looking for the best beer cheap home kegerator compact and easily portable, this igloo Jockey is the best choice. It is made from high-quality material that enhances the construction, and also it has compartments for better use.

If you want kegerator for home I think you should try Igloo Cold Jokey box because when you are looking for the best beer cheap home kegerator compact and easily portable, this igloo Jockey is the best choice. It is made from high-quality material that enhances the construction, and also it has compartments for better use.
What?

Jockey boxes are best for short term use like a long weekend. Anything more than that and you will want to store your beer cold.

There really is not much to building a kegerator. First find a fridge big enough to fit your keg. If going to also store your CO2 cylinder in the fridge then make sure you also have the space for it too.

Next sort out whether you want to dispense from a tap going through the door or pluto gun/picnic tap inside the fridge.

If going with a tap through the door would also recommend a drip tray.

Latest posts

Back