Kegerator X vs 4 vs other models

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I bought my series 4 it was noisy, it got quieter over time and now it isn’t noticeable. It is also in my living room. How long have you had it running? The X is meant to be quieter too.
A month and a half. I am experiencing the opposite so far. The big problem for me is the refrigerant gas sound that starts few minutes after the compressor starts.

Kegland are pretty good with warranty stuff have you tried calling or emailing them?

I am in contact with the retailer. Do you think the noise showed in the videos above are normal in a Series X?

After listening to the youtube vids
is your kegerator full with kegs?

i notice mine does this when kegs are empty and bugger all in the fridge but then my kegerator isnt in the living room but not far away though

After listening to the youtube vids
is your kegerator full with kegs?

i notice mine does this when kegs are empty and bugger all in the fridge but then my kegerator isnt in the living room but not far away though
I have half keg there. I don't see the relation of the number of kegs and the refrigerant gas sound. Is there any?

I have half keg there. I don't see the relation of the number of kegs and the refrigerant gas sound. Is there any?
Maybe the mass of the extra beer dampens the harmonic that causes the gurgling? hat's all I can think if that would cause a relationship between the contents of the fridge and the noise of the fridge.

Maybe the mass of the extra beer dampens the harmonic that causes the gurgling? hat's all I can think if that would cause a relationship between the contents of the fridge and the noise of the fridge.
Worth trying. I will load it with the other kegs full of water and see what happens =).

Dusting off this old thread as the keezer finally died. I've been looking at the series x plus model despite not being a high volume drinker. Is this model quieter than the base model for those that have one or seen them in action? And are they worth the extra money if you are probably going to have 3 or 4 beers on the go at any time? I'd probably have the one font to start. Also is it OK to keg a beer (transfer from pressure fermenter under pressure) add some co2 and leave at room temperature for a while until said kegerator is ready? I need to keg Easter but flying west the day after and won't be getting a new toy until I get back. Cheers again for the help

You have the option to go with a different type of kegerator

https://www.kegking.com.au/beer-keg-fridge-kegmaster-solstice-6-keg-12volt-dc-kegerator.html

Hi All. New to this. There is a comparison video between the series 4 and series X here:

Don't forget the latest generation of kegerators with the latest components Keg King Series XL

1662936924572.png

I do like the cassette idea, but at that price is it going to be a popular product? If it is a flop, will you be able to get a new cassette in 10 years anyway? If you can't then the whole reason for spending the extra money is gone.

Looks like it's a 12V DC fridge that can be ran via solar panels and/or batteries. It's not just the size of the fridge that is relevant I think.

Yes, but that's a pretty niche market that wants that functionality and is willing to pay the extra ~$500 for it.

I do like the cassette idea, but at that price is it going to be a popular product? If it is a flop, will you be able to get a new cassette in 10 years anyway? If you can't then the whole reason for spending the extra money is gone.
What a negative attitude you have. Too many "if's" Like saying well I would like to buy a product if I could be sure of not dying in the next 6 months.
Not a lot can go wrong with a fridge, but I would take a more positive approach, not thinking about the need to buy a cassette but feel protected should the need arise.

Apologies for critically discussing features of a fridge in a thread comparing fridges.

EDIT: and to clarify, I have said I think its a good idea, I just don't "feel protected" because I think the pricing is too far above the competition for the product to be a successful one. I could easily be wrong on that and it could sell like crazy.

Last edited:
Apologies for critically discussing features of a fridge in a thread comparing fridges.

EDIT: and to clarify, I have said I think its a good idea, I just don't "feel protected" because I think the pricing is too far above the competition for the product to be a successful one. I could easily be wrong on that and it could sell like crazy.
But you aren't critically discussing fridges! You have made your mind up. Think positive man, negativity gets you no where.

Hahaha, how do you compare competing products without looking at the pros and cons then? Only an idiot doesn't look at the negative sides of products they are about to spend $1300 on.

And once again you are wrong anyway as I haven't made up my mind. For the 3rd time, I like the idea. If by the time my keezer dies these things are going gangbusters, or are cheaper then they will be one of the top ones that I will be looking at.

Hahaha, how do you compare competing products without looking at the pros and cons then? Only an idiot doesn't look at the negative sides of products they are about to spend $1300 on.

And once again you are wrong anyway as I haven't made up my mind. For the 3rd time, I like the idea. If by the time my keezer dies these things are going gangbusters, or are cheaper then they will be one of the top ones that I will be looking at.
On the contrary, How do you compare competing products? Do you just make something up which may or may not happen is that your negative side?
Its like saying I am not going to fly, the plane may crash. As I said before with fridges there is not a lot can go wrong, and if after 10 years something did happen you would have had more than your moneys worth whether a cassette was available or not.
Just put yourself at ease and check out the consumer protection laws regarding fridges and relax, stop overthinking things.

Last edited:
Not sure if you are intentionally being obtuse or not, but it is keg king, not me, that has created this selling point and is charging $500 for it. If there's "not a lot that can go wrong", then there is even less reason to buy it at this price.

Stop underthinking things.

Not sure if you are intentionally being obtuse or not, but it is keg king, not me, that has created this selling point and is charging $500 for it. If there's "not a lot that can go wrong", then there is even less reason to buy it at this price.

Stop underthinking things.
Did you see that the fridge is full stainless steel?

Latest posts

Back