Kegerator X vs 4 vs other models

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

tamagno

Reaction score
When I bought my series 4 it was noisy, it got quieter over time and now it isn’t noticeable. It is also in my living room. How long have you had it running? The X is meant to be quieter too.
A month and a half. I am experiencing the opposite so far. The big problem for me is the refrigerant gas sound that starts few minutes after the compressor starts.

beer gut

Reaction score
Kegland are pretty good with warranty stuff have you tried calling or emailing them?

ozdevil

Reaction score
I am in contact with the retailer. Do you think the noise showed in the videos above are normal in a Series X?

After listening to the youtube vids
is your kegerator full with kegs?

i notice mine does this when kegs are empty and bugger all in the fridge but then my kegerator isnt in the living room but not far away though

tamagno

Reaction score
After listening to the youtube vids
is your kegerator full with kegs?

i notice mine does this when kegs are empty and bugger all in the fridge but then my kegerator isnt in the living room but not far away though
I have half keg there. I don't see the relation of the number of kegs and the refrigerant gas sound. Is there any?

djebel

Reaction score
I have half keg there. I don't see the relation of the number of kegs and the refrigerant gas sound. Is there any?
Maybe the mass of the extra beer dampens the harmonic that causes the gurgling? hat's all I can think if that would cause a relationship between the contents of the fridge and the noise of the fridge.

tamagno

Reaction score
Maybe the mass of the extra beer dampens the harmonic that causes the gurgling? hat's all I can think if that would cause a relationship between the contents of the fridge and the noise of the fridge.
Worth trying. I will load it with the other kegs full of water and see what happens =).

Latest posts