kegerator in wine barrel

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerkeg

Reaction score
hi
not sure whether or not this is the right place to put this but seems u guys are the beer experts, (i am an expert, but only at the drinking side)
tryn to fit kegerator into a wine barrel
wine barrel is approx height: 75cm diameter: 52cm

any advice on fridge size and the correct keg size to pair with this will b very much appreciated

cheers

What will its main use be a daily driver or a party piece?

Looking online, most DIY wine barrel keg setups use ice as its primary way of chilling. I honestly don't think a fridge that can fit a keg would fit in a barrel anyway... square peg in a round hole, plus airflow would be a major issue unless you want to cut a few fan holes out and ruin the aesthetic you are looking for.

Most wine barrel kegerators i have seen are most probably custom jobs costing thousands of dollars.

What will its main use be a daily driver or a party piece?

Looking online, most DIY wine barrel keg setups use ice as its primary way of chilling. I honestly don't think a fridge that can fit a keg would fit in a barrel anyway... square peg in a round hole, plus airflow would be a major issue unless you want to cut a few fan holes out and ruin the aesthetic you are looking for.

Most wine barrel kegerators i have seen are most probably custom jobs costing thousands of dollars.
yeah true.
would be used on friday nights/weekends as mostly party piece....
think ice is the only real option.
just fyi the dimensions i mentioned are the ends of the barrel, is a lot wider in the middle so was looking for a short fridge but doesn't look do-able as u mention..

here r a couple i found that i might end up doing similar..
both just use ice 4 cooling
1588217597746.png
1588218306563.png

Latest posts

Back