Kegbot

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thefatdoghead

Reaction score
Has anyone done this or researched it more?

http://kegbot.org/

Looks like a great idea. Just wondering if it might become a bit of a novelty after a while?

All I would need is the flow meters, boards and maybe a inductive charger/stand.

Probably looking at about $500 to set up. Im getting a Nexus 7 soon anyway so im not counting that.....as far as SWMBO is concerned :)

Ill keep researching and see if there are other systems like this one out there but just thought i'd see if anyone around these parts has this or similar and is willing to share some feedback.

Gav

How long have you been doing this?
We started Kegbot in 2003, and we've been making it better ever since.
I'm not sure what the kick starter is funding. Also I remember a person talking about a Linux program that did that a few years back

On an unrelated note, the Nexus 7 is a great tablet. You're making a good decision!

Doing a little more reading up. It seems you have to fit 1 kegbot board per tap with the plug and play kegbot. They can run 2 taps but there is only 1 output plug....

Also they are working on an IOS version of the software and a Bluetooth version of the kegbot board. You can build your own Arduino board etc but I just don't have the time right now.

As stated above there have been several discussions on this. I have kept an eye on the forums over there for a while, their latest release is a big step forward in ease of set up. Each of the new devices can actually support 2 taps when used with a "coaster". The flow meters were one of the more expensive parts although I note now available at reasonable cost (ebay) $30 each and postage for 4 was $20. the cost of a board new $US 67(kick starter) and cost of each coaster say $30(soldering required) a length of cat cable( the shed) DS18b20 temp sensor $10-20. Already have the tablet so say $400 for 4 taps. Might have to sell the brew assistant :ph34r:

Thanks for all the info. I thought there might be some other threads but my internet on the ship is so bloody slow It takes ages to search different threads etc. So thanks again for the links and info.

MastersBrewery said:
As stated above there have been several discussions on this. I have kept an eye on the forums over there for a while, their latest release is a big step forward in ease of set up. Each of the new devices can actually support 2 taps when used with a "coaster". The flow meters were one of the more expensive parts although I note now available at reasonable cost (ebay) $30 each and postage for 4 was $20. the cost of a board new $US 67(kick starter) and cost of each coaster say $30(soldering required) a length of cat cable( the shed) DS18b20 temp sensor $10-20. Already have the tablet so say $400 for 4 taps. Might have to sell the brew assistant :ph34r:
MB, do you have a link for those $30 flow sensors on ebay?

It looks like the easiest way for me, is to buy 4 kegboards for 4 taps. Im still not sure how the 4 boards would plug into the nexus 7 tablet so I sent them an email asking about that.
Im still getting the nexus 7, but im going wait until they improve on the kegboard to take 2 taps (or learn how to make the them take 2 plug ins) and hopefully they will have bluetooth by then.
Ill grab 4 flow meters for now anyway so I can set the system up down the track.

Spend the $ on a bigger keg setup. Rather than knowing you are running out of beer, you can have space for kegs spare. Then as a keg blows you just hook up the next one.

QldKev said:
Spend the $ on a bigger keg setup. Rather than knowing you are running out of beer, you can have space for kegs spare. Then as a keg blows you just hook up the next one.
I have 8 cornys and 3x 50L kegs so I'm not worried about running out. That's not the only thing kegbot does. It counts how much you've consumed and shown what kegs are online etc etc. Knowing when I'm running out of beer is actually quiet low on my priority list it this program, its all the other features I'm interested in.

Usb hub is used when connecting more than one board

Latest posts

Back