Keg Won't Dispense

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sluggerdog said:
I am 99% sure it is a blocked tube though, it is the only time I used plugs and some leaves got through, I am guessing that the tube is partly blocked by these, am using hop hags from now on.

Bit of a bugger hey...

I will change the o-ring on the post outlet tonight and see if that does the trick, heres hoping that is the problem.
[post="60433"][/post]​

Slugger,

I'd put money on this being the problem, a hop leaf under your poppet, that's why its allowing you to blow air through the other way, but then blocking again as soon as you pour...
Hope you're drinking again soon.... :chug:

I couldn't get the tube out.. buggers me how to do it, will try again tomorrow as I have drunk too much now to care...

QUEENSLANDER

whats a turret spanner? is this something special that I need to get? (IT Guy here)

Slugger,

I think it's something you should learn. I suspect if you can't pull your kegs apart there's a fair chance you're not cleaning them very thoroughly either. :blink:

They should really be dismantled, hosed out and filled with napisan after each use. Too many places for old beer crud to hide otherwise. Dip tube is a good place.

Warren -

sluggerdog said:
whats a turret spanner? is this something special that I need to get? (IT Guy here)
[post="60675"][/post]​

I just use a ring spanner - one with the double hex pattern to fit both disconnects. I think it's like 23mil.

Then you'll probably need a turret spanner v1.1 ...... :ph34r:

Seriously, any ring spanner that fits will do. Shifters(adjustable spanner) work sometimes...but try not to round the nut!!

Simply unscrew the whole male ball lock fitting from the keg to reveal the diptube & poppit inside... and do as Steve suggested below

Asher for now

I tried my shifter but it didn't what to budge without eating at the nut.. haha

Slugger

I use deep sockets on mine - find they work best.
See if u can find/borrow a set....

Good luck - but i would not do it pissed and make sure the keg is depresurised first.

Slugger

Check this out. Keg Rebuild
I found it a great help when learning the in's and out's of kegging.
I am a little tool challenged as well but find rebuilding/maintaining kegs pretty simple.
As Warren says cleaning and maintaining kegs is vital to the process.

BTW to remove the ball lock fitting I use a tube spanner 23mm. Sometimes referred to as a sparkplug spanner (well that's what my old man used to call them ;) ).

Hope that helps.
Cheers

GMK said:
Slugger

I use deep sockets on mine - find they work best.
See if u can find/borrow a set....

Good luck - but i would not do it pissed and make sure the keg is depresurised first.
[post="60694"][/post]​

I think I will give the deep sockets a go, anyone know the size I am looking for? Don't want to buy a set and find out the largest in the set still isn't big enough.

Thanx

I know it has been a few weeks but today i finally got around to buying the deep socket and checking out the tube.

Just as suspected there were hop leaves stuck in the connector?? (connects the tube to the keg)

All fixed now, I have also given all the kegs a good clean under each.

Cheers for the help!

Latest posts

Back