Keg Usage?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petesbrew

Lover of Beer
Reaction score
Just blew my first keg dry last night, after only a month. Damn, I was kinda expecting this to last me till mid January.

How long do you find a keg usually lasts you guys?

With all due respect to the OP; "How long is a piece of string?"

I'll now sit back and wait for all the smarties to come out of the woodwork, and give a definitive answer.

:icon_chickcheers: :beerbang: <_< :drinks:

Just blew my first keg dry last night, after only a month. Damn, I was kinda expecting this to last me till mid January.

How long do you find a keg usually lasts you guys?

Some last a couple of months. Some are done in a week or so. That's the beauty of having ten kegs in rotation.

I have just finished my keg setup and can say that my consumption went up considerably. Its like when we got the office water cooler in the house when I was a kid, my sister went from hardly drinking any water to having the daily recommended 6 cups, probably just to hear the bloop bloop bloop...

I'll now sit back and wait for all the smarties to come out of the woodwork, and give a definitive answer.

:icon_chickcheers: :beerbang: <_< :drinks:
Yeah I know it's one of those "How long is a piece of string?" questions!

Made me question my drinking, but having a fantastic Bohemian Pilsner on tap, pint glass at hand, hot weather & pool, well, it all made sense too easily!

I had one of those door knocker power company swap over guys come of the other day, it was hot and he looked to be feeling it so I envied him in for a drink he had a choice of water or beer from a tap. After 20 mins he left looking a little better for the beer and AC my power provider did not change however.

I find my kegs usually last about 18L worth of drinking, unless I under fill them. :icon_drunk:

Good Beer = Short piece of string
Not So Good Beer = Somewhat longer piece of string

:lol: Christmas Wishes!

Screwy

...precisely twice as long as it is from its centre to one of its ends? Algebra - helping philosophy students everywhere (mis)comprehend metaphysics in a concrete form.

Sorry. :icon_cheers:

I only have two 9L kegs, I am lucky for a 9L keg with a good beer in it to last more than a full weekend - but then I don't like trying lots of beers in one session, I'd rather just sit down and attempt the unquenchable.

edit: my smart arse response wasn't very linguistically accurate.

a keg i really enjoy two weeks or so. a keg that dont up to 6 months

Mine last random lengths of time, but what really annoys me (I have only 2 in the fridge) is when both blow on the same night.

It happens more than logic would dictate because drinking patterns always seems to converge on a dead heat.

About 2-3 weeks for me if I'm just having my regular 2/3/4 knock off beers. If it's a session with mates, 1 night. :icon_drunk:

Latest posts

Back