Keg To Kettle Convertion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wax

Reaction score
Sorry about this guys. I know I've seen this on AHB before but I can't for the life of me find it.

Can someone please post the plans for converting a commercial keg to a brew kettle. I remember seeing a link to another site somewhere that has realy comprehensive step by step plans.

ps: As you can guess I've "found" a keg. The ag brewery is starting to take shape :) . I can't wait to taste that first ag brew. hmmmm. :chug:

Hmmm cant find it either. But it's easy. Release all the pressure by depressing the ball in the centre (assuming a sankey keg here eg. CUB), might want to place a rag over it while you do it to stop yourself becoming covering in stanky mega swill. Anything works here, the handle of a screw driver is handy.

I would then maybe chock the valve open with a small nail, just to stop the pressure building back up. Then you need to get the circlip out from around the top of the spear. A couple of small screw drivers and some pointy nose pliers would be handy for this. Be careful not to stab yourself.

Once the circlip is out use a screw driver, punch, metal rod, anything that works, to tap the spear around to unscrew it. Use the two lugs on the inside of the spear for leverage (ie. your tapping points). I can't remember which what it turns but I assume a normal thread direction (right hand thread ?). It should come loose, then you can just jostle with it to get it out.

Hope that helps. I can't rememebr the site that shows pictures of the removal.

JD

Cheers Justin,
I'll have a play with it tonight. If i stab myself with a phillips head I'm blaming you.

Latest posts

Back