Keg System For The Techos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wax

Reaction score
A keg system every techo has to have...

sunserver.jpg

I love it.
Much better than the VAX conversion.

I've just sent it to our SUN BDM, saying that we need a demo version of that for our office :D

Beers,
Doc

hmmm.. we are replacing our K250 soon... inc the giant storage stack... hmmm

and the tape jukebox... ooooo glass jukebox :)

Woolies is buying a new 3090, but, alas they won't be getting rid of the other ones....

Ummm. What is that thing anyway? Some sort of refridgeration system I'm assuming? The great big beer dispensing thingo.

A nice compact unit to take to parties anyway :D Would fit right in the back of the mini cooper S. Not.

Justin said:
Ummm. What is that thing anyway?
It's a server. A very large, many-CPU'd one ton server :)

See Here for an idea of what's inside. The one above looks like an older model, hence it's been converted into a beer tap.

The only Sun servers I've worked on were pizza-box sized SparcStations. Great machines. I've worked on some largish HP servers tho.

Largest servers I work on are X445's (IBMs). Unforunately you cant fit beer equipment into one of those :(

They are rather funky though, at least from a nerdy perspective :p

im filled with a sudden urge to modify the AS400..... after all its only other purpose is that of a park bench.

pr1me said:
im filled with a sudden urge to modify the AS400..... after all its only other purpose is that of a park bench.
One of the branches in our department still use AS400s. They have a huge investment in the business knowlege and processes tied up in it and basically can't afford to let it go... I've never had much experience with them.

as a simple DB server they are hard to beat, its when everyone decides "it can do more!" and start plugging more crap into it that its performance decays rapidly. Alot of places do this to justify their make believe ROI's(result of idiocy, errr, return on investment), so instead of it doing one job very well, its does 10 or 12 jobs, all of them poorly.

Now days with big business suddenly marching backward into the 70's for terminal/server/single point of failure computing systems, it will probably make a resurgence back into the market... at which point ill be glad to leave IT.

Just me or do we have alot of techo home brewers here?

Latest posts

Back