Keg Shipping Container Load

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott70

Reaction score
I was wondering what sort of interest or market for kegs there would be if I imported a container from the states full of post mix kegs. I have imported a few containers before it works out at about $2300 for the shipment from the west coast. I'm still in the process of working out the capacity regarding how many kegs the container will hold and how they will be packed. I'm going to recondition all the kegs and sell them mail order or pick up from sydney. If I can sell them for for $65 each in aus would there be any takers?

Yes I would be - probably 4 or 5 for me and 2 or 3 for a mate. PM/e-mail me if you're going ahead. Assume they're ball lock 19L?

tony

im keen scott but the telling factor to add to the price is shipping costs from sydney to other parts of australia.im in the nt so if i factor that in it may not be viable but i will still consider it once you have costs worked out.

cheers
big d

I could be up for another couple. By the time it is organised, I'm sure I'll have another fridge :p
The telling point will be brewing capacity to keep all kegs full. I'm starting to struggle with two kids now :lol:

Doc

i might take two or three depending on the price

Sounds good except I can buy them for $65.00 in Karratha of all places !!

Batz

Batz said:
Sounds good except I can buy them for $65.00 in Karratha of all places !!

At the same place as you get Grains of Paradise ? :lol:
Sounds like a veritable golden market place :lol:

Doc

Amazing hey

Can't buy anything else here

Batz

Doc
The Grains of Paradise
Is this Tieu Bong spice pepper?

Batz

I'd be keen for kegs at $65 without the 3 months postage time from the US. Postage to Brisbane would be a factor tho.

$65 is not really worth it, there are places in perth if you go there with the right sort of money that you can get them for that

Ausdb

in sydney at rockdale, you can get 2 for $140 thou you need to choose carefully. $65 is not a great price for sight unseen. i think with supplies running low in usa, the dregs are starting to appear. usable kegs, but with visible dints etc. ymmv if you have a different supplier to the ex-pepsi ca one. i could go a couple & maybe a workmate would also (if i twist his arm). are you looking to cover costs or is it earner ?

$65 + shipping to SE QLD compared to $207 for four kegs from the US.
Depending on what the shipping costs I maybe interested in a few (willing to pay for a speeder delivery and confidence I could sue your arse for non delivery :), sorry waiting on 4 kegs from the US at the moment), and may know of others who would be interested (LHBS owner) depending of total price.
So you can safely add 2 kegs from here.

like others have said you can get 5 gallon kegs for around that price or cheaper if you look hard enough. However if you could get a stack of 3 gallon kegs in that would be a different story, as I know of no local importer/supplier.

Batz said:
Doc
The Grains of Paradise

Batz
[post="50077"][/post]​

I don't think so. The other name is Melegueta Pepper.

Beers,
Doc

roach said:
like others have said you can get 5 gallon kegs for around that price or cheaper if you look hard enough. However if you could get a stack of 3 gallon kegs in that would be a different story, as I know of no local importer/supplier.
[post="50097"][/post]​

Must be better shopping in Adelaide than Sydney. Best I can do in Sydney is $90 in good nic. I'm assuming that by reconditioned all the seals will be replaced and fully tested.

I do agree about the 3 gallon kegs though. I'd love a couple of those.

tony

[/quote]

Must be better shopping in Adelaide than Sydney. Best I can do in Sydney is $90 in good nic. I'm assuming that by reconditioned all the seals will be replaced and fully tested.

I do agree about the 3 gallon kegs though. I'd love a couple of those.

tony
[post="50099"][/post]​
[/quote]
Tony,
Local Brewcraft stores sell 5 gall kegs, albeit not reconditioned but in good condition, for $70. Not affiliated with brewcraft etc etc etc(actually embarassed I mentioned them since they dont support all grainers!)

Cheers
Roach

tonydav said:

tony
[post="50099"][/post]​

Similar story here in brissy, my closest 3 HBS's now all sell their kegs for $95 each. anyone in brissy do any better?

I'd be up for some $65 kegs if the shipping to QLD was right.

:beer:

Batz said:
Doc
The Grains of Paradise

Batz
[post="50077"][/post]​

That sounds more like something you'll need to order from a dutch breeder :unsure:

roach said:
snipped> However if you could get a stack of 3 gallon kegs in that would be a different story, as I know of no local importer/supplier.
[post="50097"][/post]​

I'd be in for a couple 3 gallon kegs too if you were to get some in.

Jayse

Scott

I reckon you will have a hard time selling them for $65 each. Anyone outside of Sydney would have to add postage on to that, and then the price is the same or more expensive than the LHBS. Apart from that, as an individual, you can buy them from the US cheaper. And there is very little difference in buying sight unseen from someone in Sydney or the US.

As a price point to consider, a local (Adelaide) homebrewer organises the occasional bulk buy and can sells them for $60 for 1, $55 each for two and $50 each for three or more.

Tough competition.

Cheers
MAH

Back